View Single Post
Old 07.07.2010, 10:17 PM   #11252
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I thought House of the Devil was one of the most boring film I've ever watched in my life. A really terrible "Slasher throwback". Only cool thing was that it was released on VHS! Ti West is just trash.

Regarding 13 Tzameti.. it was well-shot wasn't it? Kinda reminded me of Satantango in some scenes! Wasn't a huge fan of it though. The similiarly titled 13: Game of Death is awesome though! Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Hard Candy was last "somewhat" recent movie that I finally got around to watching that absolutely loved and probably one my favourite films at the moment. The ending was brilliant. 10/10

It helps that I'm love with Ellen Page.

As right now my short list of favourite films that I've watched in the past two years would be Mulholland Dr., The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Cash Back, Eureka, and Hard Candy. All 10/10

Watched this the other night.

I liked it, very well directed and shot.
8/10

Drowning Man rules. Very underrated.

Hard Candy rules...so minimal and daring. A great watch. I was so happy that Ellen Page became popular after that, albeit because of the somewhat stupid Juno and not her brilliant performance in Candy.

Anyway.. Cashback is one of your favorites?... If we're talking about the same film.... the movie where the guy mopes and whines about his girlfriend... so melodramatic.. and then freezes time at a grocery store to take clothes off of girls? What was the appeal of that movie? I guess I can see how certain people can relate to it or something, but I dunno. I think I gave it a 5/10. I thought the best thing about it was the cover art. The short film version of it is a lot better, but eh.

My favorite somewhat recent movies are
back against the wall
reflections of evil
rampo noir
id
werckmeister harmonies
POP SKULL!
songs from the second floor (one of the best films ever)
brown bunny
storytelling
palindromes
strange circus
peppermint candy
code unknown
no country for old men
spacedisco 1
garbanzo gas
sympathy for mr. vengeance
izo
dolls
werckmeister harmonies
bright future
mysterious skin
achilles and the tortoise
last life in the universe
scumrock
a family finds entertainment
la vie nouvelle
eureka
eli eli rema sabatchthani
forest with no name
notre musique
survive style 5+
everything by ki duk kim
everything by giuseppe andrews
syndrome and a century
we are the strange
taste of tea

All somewhat recent movies I'd give 8/10 or higher to.

...Anyway, I've been re-watching Todd Solondz's films again. Absolutely brilliant. LIFE DURING WARTIME may be his worst but it's still an 8/10. Probably the best mainstream American director going today. Ah, since I enjoy lists, here's my top 30favorite directors!:

1. Takeshi Kitano
2. Jean-Luc Godard
3. Jon Jost
4. Shuji Terayama
5. Giuseppe Andrews
6. Fassbinder
7. Damon Packard
8. Andrzej Zulawski
9. Toshio Matsumoto
10. Brian DePalma
11. Krzysztof Kieslowski
12. Martin Scorsese