View Single Post
Old 07.07.2010, 08:17 AM   #11206
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
oddly enough, my wife really wanted to see this one -- and the library (which we live across the street from) has it. BUT for some reason when I read about it, it made me really really nervous to watch it. I don't know why. It's like I'm scared to see it. Haha. Considering almost every movie I watch is horror, it's kind of weird that I can still get like that...

I liked it. Didn't love it. The beginning is horrifying (the dad's head scene). Amazing. But yeah, it could've just been a slasher, and a good one. I think it was aiming more towards Revenge Flick ground though. DAY OF THE WOMAN style. But agreed -- no twist necessary. And it was almost tacked on. Apparently the movie is basically jst an unlicensed adaptation of Dean Koontz's INTENSITY. My wife read the book and confirmed that other than a few critical parts, it's pretty damn close. At least as a ripoff would go. And of course, the titles are quite similar. No?

NR, please go see Inside. I never reccomend movies to you, but I am reccomending this one. It is impressive. It is genuinely disturbing at points. It is unpredictable. And it is stangely beautiful. It is just STRANGE, period, and creepy. It actually reminds me of Lynch, a times, and I don't just throw around the "every weird film is Lynchlike" thing. It's one weird little fast paced atmospheric horror modern classic with lots of SHOCKING violence. I think you'd dig it.

Ah, I'd heard the Intensity thing before. Yeah, it's probably identical then, I've heard that from a lot of people. That's pretty lame. It's too bad that movie starts out so fantastically and then by the end it's just like "wow, did the filmmakers actually not know how to make movies or something?" Again, I take the ending as.. well, the entire film is her telling a story that isn't true, and she's lying about it... which is cool in a way, but also kinda cheats the viewer a bit and is unnecessary. I mean, it's almost as bad as "everything was really a DREAM!" or something, you know? Just a cop out. Has a lot going against it, but I liked it. And I actually liked the Hills Have Eyes remake those dudes did, until the HORRIBLE ending, when the heroic music starts playing and the guy starts going wild on the freaks. Anyway...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|