Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 07.04.2010, 07:21 PM   #269
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
I have four friends that have an ongoing debate that's been lasting for several years now about who's better: Metallica or Megadeth. Three of them have been hardcore Metallica fans for who knows how many years now, and the other guy is the lone champion for Megadeth.

The arguments get super heated sometimes with the lone Megadeth fan getting visibly angry sometimes when they dig real hard on Mustaine. No aspect of the argument goes untouched. Who writes the better solos, song length, evolution of discography, which has the individual best record, which has the worst, personal shit both bands have done that have hurt their cred, the number of solos in Hangar 18, the bass solo in Orion, the lack of solos on the entirety of St. Anger. The frying pan. How the only reason Kill Em All is any good is because Mustaine wrote a bunch of the tracks or whatever. And a ton of other stuff.

I rarely add anything to it since I think both bands are equally among the most worthless bands ever. But I always give Metallica points for the Some Kind of Monster documentary. It had to of taken serious guts to put out something to show how vunerable, moronic, shitty, and short sighted all of those guys are.

But I love the argument, they really go at it.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|