View Single Post
Old 06.18.2010, 05:01 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
$26,344.22 in the bank.

$2700 in my 401k.

Ex-girlfriend owes me $200, best friend owes me $300, I sued a woman last year and she owes me $1700 and it's building up interest every month she doesn't pay.

I drive a $500 car, live in a shitty house, and work part time at Wal-Mart, and have for 5 years. My family has never given me a dime, especially since I turned 18. I have made a decent amount of money over the years from selling my music and playing shows, but I haven't made any money from that in a good 2 years...

I have to pay half the bills here (I still live at home). I gave my mom $2000 last year to help her get out of debt. I've frequently just given money to friends/girlfriends/etc and donated to bands and filmmakers. I own thousands of movies (over 4000) and cd's (over 22,000). I own a jazzmaster and a large behringer amp. I own a few Burroughs books. I own some video games. That's it. I've sold hundreds of games, books, movies, etc. to get that amount up a bit, keep in mind.

All I eat is spaghetti and ramen noodles.

I wouldn't consider myself rich, but I think I've achieved a decent amount when you consider I grew up with literally NOTHING. It's not how much money you make, it's how you spend it, and I've bought almost nothing new, only used, my whole life. I also made my own clothes for years, and I still pretty much only buy from thrift stores.

The most expensive thing I own is a $1200 laptop but that was traded to me for my entire VHS collection (which was like 800 tapes!), all of which I've replaced on DVD since then.

But yeah, if you do anything in life long enough -- work, go to school, play music -- you're probably going to achieve some success with it. As it is, I think I have a decent chunk of money to fall back on if anything gets fucked up in my life, but I also don't have insurance or anything, so I've taken all sorts of little shortcuts to get to that point, and one big fuck up could make it all disappear.
atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|