Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kim Gordon Tribute, New Yorker Festival, and More! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=97942)

Screaming Skull 09.06.2013 10:26 AM

Kim Gordon Tribute, New Yorker Festival, and More!
 
Dig it, y'all...

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...rdon_trib.html

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...er_fest_7.html

diskaholic-anonymous 09.06.2013 10:36 AM


nice news for kim...noise must go on!

themawt71 09.06.2013 12:04 PM

huh. i wonder why kim needs a benefit.

tesla69 09.06.2013 12:41 PM

Tribute, not benefit

themawt71 09.06.2013 02:46 PM

"......will be a benefit honoring Kim.......That benefit will feature Kim herself being joined........"

maybe they got it wrong in the piece itself?

Trama 09.06.2013 04:09 PM

It's a benefit for ISSUE Project Room, not Kim.

themawt71 09.06.2013 04:11 PM

cool. thanks

h8kurdt 09.06.2013 04:44 PM

Oh is this the 'Help Kim pay for her divorce' benefit? Awesome. need to to head down and help.

tesla69 11.13.2013 11:11 AM

Upcoming gigs, they're playing with Willie Lane in West mass, WILLIE LANE man!



- Collapse
11/13/2013

Brooklyn, NY / Issue Project Room




11/14/2013

Brooklyn, NY / Issue Project Room




11/21/2013

New York, NY / Museum of Modern Art
with Kathleen Hanna

Buy Tickets


12/14/2013

North Adams, MA / MASS MoCA - Hunter Center
with Willie Lane

tesla69 11.19.2013 05:30 PM

not a single note on this board from the 2 gigs last week at Issue?

maropi 11.20.2013 12:33 PM

Our friends of Pichiflor say something about it:

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/134-ki...-project-room/

And there are some pictures on friendface:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...64998&ty pe=1

And youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZnWYM6s1Q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSHOfgEgjfo

I've not been able to check the quality yet, but it seems promising.

stophereyes 11.22.2013 02:42 PM

the body/head show last night at MoMA was sick... some pix here:
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...ons_bod_3.html

hipster_bebop_junkie 11.22.2013 03:02 PM

There's some videos of The Issue Project Room benefit on Windows Have Eyes' official vimeo channel (Body/Head & Ikue Mori, J. Mascis, Kim Gordon & Jutta Koether, Kim Gordon & I.U.D.):

http://vimeo.com/windowshaveeyes/

Aaaadrpk 11.22.2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stophereyes
the body/head show last night at MoMA was sick... some pix here:
www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2013/11/kim_gordons_bod_3.html


Thank you stophereyes, I was searching something more about MoMA concert. Did you see Kim's twitter? Theres some awesome b&w photos!

Aaaadrpk 11.22.2013 03:19 PM

"...and was quite the audio/visual experience, that included Kim going into the crowd with her guitar at one point. "


How I wish watch a Body/Head concert. :(


stophereyes 11.22.2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaaadrpk
"...and was quite the audio/visual experience, that included Kim going into the crowd with her guitar at one point. "


How I wish watch a Body/Head concert. :(



It was actually my fourth Body/Head show, but the first in Manhattan, and possibly the best. Kim owned that room. Body/Head live is like Sonic Youth live to me, it has the same energy, and this is some of Kim's best work, no doubt in my mind.

Aaaadrpk 11.22.2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stophereyes
It was actually my fourth Body/Head show, but the first in Manhattan, and possibly the best. Kim owned that room. Body/Head live is like Sonic Youth live to me, it has the same energy, and this is some of Kim's best work, no doubt in my mind.


Really? fourth? Oh, you're sooo lucky. :o

I agree with you. Kim and Bill totally blast, do you know that kim interview to mono kultur? What she said is something 100% genial, break the barriers of art and music. I think if were another person trying do what body/Head do, ok, can be nice (or not), but never will match so good as Kim and Bill. It's something really touching that awakens another feelings/sensations that I don't know how describe or give a name.
To me CLM and The Dust are really good too, but Body/Head.... it's another galaxy.

greenlight 11.22.2013 05:38 PM

yeah, body/head must be cool live!
cheers for the pics and vid links.

Aaaadrpk 11.22.2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
There's some videos of The Issue Project Room benefit on Windows Have Eyes' official vimeo channel (Body/Head & Ikue Mori, J. Mascis, Kim Gordon & Jutta Koether, Kim Gordon & I.U.D.):

http://vimeo.com/windowshaveeyes/


I forgot to say thanks to you too! hipster bebop

stophereyes 11.24.2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaaadrpk
Really? fourth? Oh, you're sooo lucky. :o

I agree with you. Kim and Bill totally blast, do you know that kim interview to mono kultur? What she said is something 100% genial, break the barriers of art and music. I think if were another person trying do what body/Head do, ok, can be nice (or not), but never will match so good as Kim and Bill. It's something really touching that awakens another feelings/sensations that I don't know how describe or give a name.
To me CLM and The Dust are really good too, but Body/Head.... it's another galaxy.


I like this quote from Kim's interview with Mary Gaitskill in Interview magazine:

Mary Gaitskill: It made sense to me why itís called Body/Head because the sound of your voice is so visceral. But the music almost sounds like the way a brain could function. Thereís something implacable about it.
Kim Gordon: Like waves or something.
Mary Gaitskill: Yeah, but not ocean waves. A brain wave.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth