Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Did you twats go out for New Year's Eve? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9488)

HaydenAsche 01.01.2007 02:16 AM

Did you twats go out for New Year's Eve?

I'm fucked up.

Alex's Trip 01.01.2007 02:21 AM

I was going to go to a small party, but I stayed home because my parents were going to go to sleep early so they could go to the Rose Parade (thank God they didn't make me go), so no one would be able to pick me up.

It is okay though. I'm playing xbox live with my friend until midnight.

breligion 01.01.2007 02:41 AM

I was thinking of going to a party. Yesterday, though, the person who was throwing it claimed to have come down with a bug.

I spent a lot of money on a four course dinner. It was as good as twat though. The twats we are...yum

What are you fucked up on/with/by HaydenAshe? Did you go out?

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.01.2007 03:24 AM

I played a paid gig in our county capital and seriously besides my friends bands and the half a dozen or so people they brought a long, there was like noone there.

Norma J 01.01.2007 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I played a paid gig in our county capital and seriously besides my friends bands and the half a dozen or so people they brought a long, there was like noone there.

Quite depressing when that happens, aint it?

val-holla-ing 01.01.2007 04:05 AM

it's 3 a.m. and i just got in from 2 parties. i have to be up in a few hours to pick up my good friend from the airport. i'm drunk and extremely crunk about life.

and i feel you SpectralJulianIsNotDead. my band has played to a crowd of almost zero before. keep with it and you'll eventually get something from it.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.01.2007 04:14 AM

Eh, we're getting paid for it so, all's good. I didn't know what to expect, we were playing a thing where there were a bunch of different venues participating in New Year's eve family activities and it cost 10 dollars to go- so the usual crowd that shows up to our free shows wasn't there, so we had to depend on locals who didn't know who we were- and most of them were middle aged or older or young.

What was really cool was this 8 year old kid was sitting in the front row all by himself watching my whole set.

Toilet & Bowels 01.01.2007 09:45 AM

no, i dislike nye and boycott it.

PAULYBEE2656 01.01.2007 10:27 AM

went to pub, got back to civilized family eve party at about 11pm. got to bed around 5am, kids woke around 7.30 am. im fucked right now!

atari 2600 01.01.2007 10:49 AM

I had the "How Soon is Now?" experience.

Pookie 01.01.2007 12:09 PM

Had a quiet night with the missus and kids, then at midnight we went outside to hear the bells ring in New Year with all the neighbours (we live next to a church).

Niiiice!

porkmarras 01.01.2007 12:15 PM

Had a typical italian family gathering which normally ends up in disaster with my neph accidentally burning my brother's table with the sparks.Anyway,we laughed and carried on with more partying.

Inhuman 01.01.2007 01:16 PM

The show I went to was pretty insane. There was one noise group doing really loud feedback and I still have a headache (and I'm sure it's not the beer)

HaydenAsche 01.01.2007 02:58 PM

I went out to about 4 different lame-ass parties. I ended up just smoking pot and getting drunk with Better_Than_You. I was already so fucked on Xanex and Trazadone it was terrible.

Pookie 01.01.2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Sounds like a very nice evening Pookie......especially the bells at midnight!

My wife fried up a big batch of chicken wings and boudain balls. She enjoyed a few beers and I sipped some crown and coke. Then we bundled up outside in the cool crisp night air and enjoyed our kids along with those in the neighborhood shooting off fireworks.

Slept in until 10:00 am this morning and the plan is to spend much of the day watching college football games.

I'm glad you had a good night, and very similar to mine. I had to google boudain balls, and they sound very nice.

Unfortunately I had to work today, so an early start for me.

EyeballGrowth 01.01.2007 05:05 PM

[sigh] why must you use the word twat so much?

jon boy 01.01.2007 05:20 PM

went out with several people and just had a good time. i am still recovering and its nearly 10.30pm.

LittlePuppetBoy 01.01.2007 05:52 PM

nope

HaydenAsche 01.01.2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth

Why must you always be such a God awful downer all the time?

LittlePuppetBoy 01.01.2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth

He's British. Duh.