Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Disconnection Notice (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=884)

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 08:02 AM

Disconnection Notice

Here's one for ya'. Just yesterday, my water was shut-off. & I believe the electric is getting shut-off today. & I am getting evicted in 5 days.
Just thought I'd share my happy life w/ you.
Does anyone else have a Disconnection Notice story they'd like to share?

nicfit 04.13.2006 08:10 AM

i don't mean to be rude,just make a little humor to lessen the sadness of your situation...i'm sorry pal,i hope things turn better for ya.
here comes the humor:
so,your water has been shut off,maybe today electricity will be turned off,and you're still posting on an internet board?wtf,did you spend all your money on your internet connection?
ha ha-
sorry if i offended you in any way,marleypumpkin,if it's not ok with you just tell me and i'll edit out all the bullsh*t from this post...i feel a little guilty already...

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 08:13 AM

No, I need a little humor in these dire situations. Thanks for showing you care. I do love humor though.

nicfit 04.13.2006 08:18 AM

ok,happy not to have made your head go boom

fishmonkey 04.13.2006 08:21 AM

fuck em Marley, go out and re-connect it yourself, my cable was cut off and i got out a ladder and joined it back up on the little box outside my house, dont quite know how that would work with your water and lekkie, but it worked with my telly... although they did come back round, cut me off again and told me i'd go to the slammer if i did it again, but fuck em, i got a few days free telly till i paid the bill and joined the queue back into the social system

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 08:22 AM

I'm happy my head didn't explode.

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 08:24 AM

Hell Yeah fishmonkey. Fuck those ass-holes whose job it is to make someone else's life miserable. FUCK 'EM!

jon boy 04.13.2006 08:29 AM

maybe you should do something about this instead of spending your days on an internet chatroom.

although i am on here during the day its only in between work and i dont have nearly 1000 posts.

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 08:31 AM

I can always count on jon boy to make me that more depressed.
Thanks alot jon boy. I really appreciate it.

jon boy 04.13.2006 08:37 AM

well its your life man, but if i was in your situation and i very nearly have been i would do something about it.

why dont you find a job, ask to borrow some money, move in somewhere new, speak to the local council about your position.

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 08:40 AM

Thanks for the advice jon boy. I will try everything that's in my power to get this problem fixed. I was really more interested in other people's stories on this subject. But now, it's turned into the feel sorry for marley thread.
I didn't mean to. Sorry

sonicl 04.13.2006 08:45 AM

I feel for you Marley, but I recall you saying in a recent thread that you live with your mother, sister and her son. Is your mother doing nothing to resolve this situation?

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 08:48 AM

She does evrything she can. She works every hour of the day pretty much, & gets very lttile pay for it. We all try our best to try & help each other, but the shitstem wants to do anything it can to try & keep you down.
Sorry, didn't mean to go into religous jabber there.

nature scene 04.13.2006 10:01 AM

sell your bonnaroo ticket to pay for it

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 10:04 AM

Haven't even gotten the ticket yet. I was lucky enought to get to see Dino Jr. last week. & that was a $25 show. & I had to scrimp & save for that.

Inhuman 04.13.2006 10:32 AM

Sorry to hear man :(. Maybe when you're back we'll have as many posts as you!

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 10:36 AM

Hopefully, I won't be gone that long. But, time apart is needed.
Just look at my post # for god's sake. That is WAY too many posts.

val-holla-ing 04.13.2006 12:14 PM

look at it this way. when you get old, you'll tell your grandkids about how during the war you lost electricity and water. you can puncutate every phrase with "god bless america" and they'll say "i love you granddad!" and you'll tell them to shut up.

Hip Priest 04.13.2006 12:23 PM

Wow, marley, I hope you and your family get things sorted out in time to avoid eviction. It must be horrible for you right now - I'll miss you if you're gone for a bit, but it's more important to get things stable for yourself and your family. Good luck mate.

marleypumpkin 04.13.2006 08:39 PM

Hey, Guess who's back. I have good news. We found a way to keep the electric on. & we have already found a house to move into. There's still alot left to do, but things are looking much brighter.

Thank you very much Hip Priest.