Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Super Bowl XLVII halftime show just started. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=87403)

Beautiful Plateau 02.03.2013 08:11 PM

Super Bowl XLVII halftime show just started.
 
Beyoncé is this year's artist.

Sounds very live.

Beautiful Plateau 02.03.2013 08:17 PM

She's right. I can't handle this. It looks great alright, but it sounds awful.

Destiny's Child on stage now.

Beautiful Plateau 02.03.2013 08:17 PM

Waiting for Jay-Z to save things.

tesla69 02.04.2013 09:52 AM

Did she sing in the newtown childrens choir psyop?

Rob Instigator 02.04.2013 10:36 AM

Nope, just Jennifer Hudson, whose family was sacrificed at the altar of the elite.

EVOLghost 02.04.2013 11:34 AM

 

Bytor Peltor 02.04.2013 12:05 PM

This morning, Yahoo's front page had two Beyoncé stories:

Did Beyoncé flash an Illuminati sign?


Beyoncé on halftime: 'God was on my side'

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.04.2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau
Beyoncé is this year's artist.

Sounds very live.


Yes, I think she felt punked by the media and went for a live show rather than a lip sync, but there is a good reason that the Superbowl halftime shows are always synced rather than live, because the sound is absolute shit. Even Prince in 2007, which was an all time great performance, his guitar sounded like Henrdix, the vocals mix?
 


Absolute shit!

Hey Ninerz fans? How'd did all that trash talking feel? Moss? Jerry Rice called laughing hysterically. And to Culliver how are you going to diss gay folks, they are a solid 49erz fanbase? You simply NEVER diss your own fans ;)

dead_battery 02.04.2013 03:16 PM

wat is supperboal?

is it the ball kicks games>?

i dont like this

foreverasskiss 02.04.2013 07:36 PM

i didn't want to watch the superbowl but had to on my new LCD.




i enjoyed it.:)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.04.2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
This morning, Yahoo's front page had two Beyoncé stories:

Did Beyoncé flash an Illuminati sign?


Beyoncé on halftime: 'God was on my side'


The only thing Beyonce flashed around like crazy was her camel toe. Lord Jesus I remember when those girls were a bunch of church girls! How things have changed! Where is knox to remind us how degrading it is that Prince can wow us in 2007 by playing Purple Rain in the rain in a bad ass Cadillac powder blue suit, meanwhile an extremely talented women feels she has to essentially pimp out her private parts for the half-time show? Now it is the gossip of ALL the football blogs, what a shame, I pity her, because she deserves more respect than that, but it is what it is when you purposefully dance and pose in suggestive and erotic manners on live television for well over 100,000,000 people ;)

Bytor Peltor 02.04.2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I pity her, because she deserves more respect than that, but it is what it is when you purposefully dance and pose in suggestive and erotic manners on live television for well over 100,000,000 people ;)


My buddy who plays for KC snapped a picture of KC, James Taylor and Beyonce visiting in the bowls of the Capital before they all performed at the Inauguration. Beyonce was minding her P's & Q's acting ever so classy like Beyonce of old......sad she doesn't choose to do it more often.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.04.2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
My buddy who plays for KC snapped a picture of KC, James Taylor and Beyonce visiting in the bowls of the Capital before they all performed at the Inauguration. Beyonce was minding her P's & Q's acting ever so classy like Beyonce of old......sad she doesn't choose to do it more often.




I know, she is actually an excellent role model for so many young girls and women who look up to her, but alas, she has given into the post-modern cliche that an independent women must also relish in the sexual prowess. Embarrassing considering we're just ten years removed from when No Doub sang "Just a Girl" at the 2002/03 halftime show..

What is worse? The THEME WAS "THE WOMAN/FEMALE EMPOWERMENT" to celebrate that women are like 30-40% of the NFL demographic audience now :(

It is the very objectification of women which we need to be avoiding. :/






 

the ikara cult 02.08.2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I know, she is actually an excellent role model for so many young girls and women who look up to her, but alas, she has given into the post-modern cliche that an independent women must also relish in the sexual prowess. Embarrassing considering we're just ten years removed from when No Doub sang "Just a Girl" at the 2002/03 halftime show..

What is worse? The THEME WAS "THE WOMAN/FEMALE EMPOWERMENT" to celebrate that women are like 30-40% of the NFL demographic audience now :(

It is the very objectification of women which we need to be avoiding. :/







 


Prince's halftime show was as good as it will ever get (If only he hadnt thrown in a Foo Fighters song for no apparent reason it would have been perfect)

foreverasskiss 02.08.2013 06:08 PM

^^ i think Prince only covered that foo fighters song because they had been covering "Darlin Nikki" at the time.

just a guess.

nothin will ever top Prince.

the ikara cult 02.08.2013 06:12 PM

Thats some shoddy reasoning by Prince there.

I agree with what ive been reading, best halftime show since The Who, and id say second only to Prince overall

foreverasskiss 02.08.2013 06:26 PM

purple rain during purple rain? what else you need?

Prince always hits the goose pimple spot with the guitar soloing.

*shreds a tear*

the ikara cult 02.08.2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Thats some shoddy reasoning by Prince there.

I agree with what ive been reading, best halftime show since The Who, and id say second only to Prince overall


Ive just realised theres no logical consistency to that statement, so here are my favourite halftime shows ever

1 Prince
2 Beyonce
3 The Who
4 Springsteen
5 U2 (even though i dont really like U2)

all the others are pretty dire

Rob Instigator 02.11.2013 08:57 AM

1. Prince
2.Janet Jackson's titty


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth