Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Travelling booze (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7124)

porkmarras 10.19.2006 12:22 PM

Travelling booze

Is there a drink that you ever carried from party to party and that would end up being drunk in the end because nothing is left?I'm always thinking about that lonely bottle of Pernod that everyone sets their eyes on when all booze has gone.

Hip Priest 10.19.2006 12:23 PM

Gin. Gin's the perfect party drink as far as I'm concerned, because: a. it shows that I made the effort to take something, and b. I'm usually the only person who likes it. So I get to drink it.

gmku 10.19.2006 12:23 PM

This is the silliest thing I've ever heard!

porkmarras 10.19.2006 12:25 PM

Sure it's silly but it is a phenomenon i have experienced quite a few times.

Tokolosh 10.19.2006 12:29 PM

It's not silly at all.

I have that all the time with this shite^... Vile!
I'm gagging, just thinking of it.

porkmarras 10.19.2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
This is the silliest thing I've ever heard!

And what do you know about partying you silly old fart?I bet you only go to dinner parties......with Zoe Williams.hehe

porkmarras 10.19.2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
It's not silly at all.

I have that all the time with this shite^... Vile!
I'm gagging, just thinking of it.

That and Martini gave me such evil hangovers that they became things of the past.Arrghhh!

Tokolosh 10.19.2006 12:45 PM

Martini is the pits.

Even if I just smell this one^, I'll turn blue and vomit convulsively.

jon boy 10.19.2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Gin. Gin's the perfect party drink as far as I'm concerned, because: a. it shows that I made the effort to take something, and b. I'm usually the only person who likes it. So I get to drink it.

for some reason i cant imagine you drunk hip priest.

strictlycommercial 10.19.2006 12:47 PM

Anyone else ever make bizarre end-of-night cocktails? Weird mixes of rum, whiskey, wine, beer, gin, ouzo etc with maybe a little coke or orange to thin it out? Whatever you can find really. Seems like fun but it almost always leads to bad things.
Never add Baileys, the milk tends to curdle.

porkmarras 10.19.2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strictlycommercial
Anyone else ever make bizarre end-of-night cocktails? Weird mixes of rum, whiskey, wine, beer, gin, ouzo etc with maybe a little coke or orange to thin it out? Whatever you can find really. Seems like fun but it almost invariably leads to bad things.
Never add Baileys, the milk tends to curdle.

Oh yes!I'm still counting the many years of life that have been lost through such activities.

Tokolosh 10.19.2006 12:50 PM

Baileys and 7UP/sprite is deadly from what I've heard. It turns into concrete the minute it reaches your stomach.

porkmarras 10.19.2006 12:58 PM

The worst i've heard of is diluted toothpaste and vodka.

jon boy 10.19.2006 01:02 PM

drank absinth once, only to find a dead spider at the bottom of the bottle.

Tokolosh 10.19.2006 01:08 PM

Did you get the equivalent buzz of eating a mazcal worm?. :rolleyes:

jon boy 10.19.2006 01:12 PM

i like southern comfort. no one else does. great.

Cantankerous 10.19.2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i like southern comfort. no one else does. great.

no, i love that shit. i don't like gin though, so usually that will be drank last.

porkmarras 10.19.2006 01:14 PM

Malibu and orange is one of the best kept secret and that's probably because it's lethal.

!@#$%! 10.19.2006 01:15 PM

ha ha, ive eaten that worm a few times in the hopes that my worm would in turn get eaten later ha. empty displays of machismo and shit like that.

but anyway hm i can't think of weird alcohol like that. i often pack a flask when going out, in case i have an encounter with stingy hosts who serve shoddy vodka.

no, i can't think of-- OH YES!!

once i ended up doing shots of jaggermeister--- what a shitty drink. jaggermeister has to be the bottom of the barrel for many a drunk, i think.

Cantankerous 10.19.2006 01:17 PM

i forgot all about jagermeister. it has got to be the most disgusting thing ever to have come in contact with my mouth. and i mean that. it's like drinking nyquil.