Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lee Ranaldo - Between The Times & The Tides (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=62420)

Moshe 11.10.2011 09:22 AM

Lee Ranaldo - Between The Times & The Tides
 
Coming March 20, Lee Ranaldo’s ‘Between The Times & The Tides’

 


“Songs can go a million different ways,” declares Lee Ranaldo in the liner notes for his forthcoming Matador solo album, ‘Between The Times & The Tides’, and let me be the first to accuse the Sonic Youth guitarist / not-often-enough vocalist of severe hyperbole. The kinetic, crafted results on ‘Between…’ are more in the several thousand territory, but it’s most certainly a record that will amaze even the most ardent followers of Ranaldo’s work. Joined by an all-star cast including Nels Cline, Alan Licht, John Medeski, bassist Irwin Menkin and longtime associate Steve Shelley (and featuring cameos from old friends Jim O’Rourke and Bob Bert), the album is equal parts smart, confident and loose in a manner that recalls some of our favorite rock’n'roll projects…yet sounds like a fantastic new band that was apparently being assembled right under our noses.

Fresh off a Bell House date last month supporting Wild Flag, Lee and a lineup featuring Alan Licht, Irwin Menkin and Steve Shelley will be playing Glasslands, Friday December 16. 2012 tour dates will announced when we have ‘em, and look forward to preorder info from the Matador Store and other outlets shortly as well.

Lee Ranaldo – official site.

Rob Instigator 11.10.2011 09:26 AM

Fucking good news

greedrex 11.10.2011 09:41 AM

yowzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Cover art pretty please!!?

a-p a. niemi 11.10.2011 09:41 AM

Great news!

stu666 11.10.2011 09:59 AM

can't wait!

jennthebenn 11.10.2011 10:06 AM

"One of the photographers took some shots of me, in the studio, walking on the street and so on. I really liked the quality of one of the pictures and I thought, ‘this would make a really good album cover.’"

Makes me wonder if that pic is the album cover.

donnie 11.10.2011 11:53 AM

this thread is gonna cheer everybody up, me included

greedrex 11.10.2011 12:16 PM

hey have you all seen/watched THIS?
http://www.sonicyouth.com/symu/lee/2...t-gig-pix-etc/

Dude McDude 11.10.2011 12:23 PM

Oh awesome, Lee Ranaldo is starting a band with that dude from the crossing lights.

greedrex 11.10.2011 12:33 PM

 

blunderbuss 11.10.2011 02:22 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere that the world's going to end on March 18th 2012.

Pelle 11.10.2011 04:44 PM

FUCK YEA

Genteel Death 11.10.2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
Coming March 20, Lee Ranaldo’s ‘Between The Times & The Tides’


 


“Songs can go a million different ways,” declares Lee Ranaldo in the liner notes for his forthcoming Matador solo album, ‘Between The Times & The Tides’, and let me be the first to accuse the Sonic Youth guitarist / not-often-enough vocalist of severe hyperbole. The kinetic, crafted results on ‘Between…’ are more in the several thousand territory, but it’s most certainly a record that will amaze even the most ardent followers of Ranaldo’s work. Joined by an all-star cast including Nels Cline, Alan Licht, John Medeski, bassist Irwin Menkin and longtime associate Steve Shelley (and featuring cameos from old friends Jim O’Rourke and Bob Bert), the album is equal parts smart, confident and loose in a manner that recalls some of our favorite rock’n'roll projects…yet sounds like a fantastic new band that was apparently being assembled right under our noses.

Fresh off a Bell House date last month supporting Wild Flag, Lee and a lineup featuring Alan Licht, Irwin Menkin and Steve Shelley will be playing Glasslands, Friday December 16. 2012 tour dates will announced when we have ‘em, and look forward to preorder info from the Matador Store and other outlets shortly as well.

Lee Ranaldo – official site.


If this is going to be the album's cover, hat off to LR and whoever took the picture. It reminds me of this:

 

Genteel Death 11.10.2011 04:51 PM

that is one of my favourite records ever, and they improved on the formula.

hirsute_biped 11.10.2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude McDude
Oh awesome, Lee Ranaldo is starting a band with that dude from the crossing lights.


Is that the dude who plays the beeping sounds, or is it the big red hand?

so excited for this record and (hopefully) tour

E. Noisefield 11.10.2011 05:38 PM

What a great photo that (black and white) is. Classic.

I can't wait.

Dude McDude 11.11.2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
Is that the dude who plays the beeping sounds, or is it the big red hand?

Judging by the photo it's the one with the sounds. I hear the big red hand has taken off with Thurston as a rebound thing after green hand, who according to rumors is really hurt and angry right now. It's a mess really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
so excited for this record and (hopefully) tour

Ditto.

toxic johnny 11.11.2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
I'm sure I read somewhere that the world's going to end on March 18th 2012.


This made me laugh so hard...

I can't rep you BB... if i could I surely would.

Pelle 11.11.2011 08:37 AM

How the HELL am I supose to be able to wait all the way to march??????????

noisereductions 11.11.2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Fucking good news


u know it's probably acoustic, right?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth