Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where do you work? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5199)

Pookie 08.17.2006 04:13 AM

Where do you work?

Where do you work that allows you to be on here practically all day?

You know who I'm talking to.

sonicl 08.17.2006 04:15 AM

You're not talking to me are you?

Pookie 08.17.2006 04:16 AM

Mmmm...?

sonicl 08.17.2006 04:18 AM

"From nine 'til five I have to spend my time at work,
My job is very boring, I'm an office clerk.
"

I work in an office where no-one overlooks my desk.

porkmarras 08.17.2006 04:18 AM

I work as a reservations clerk in a theatre.Stuck in an office by myself most of the day and unless the phone does ring(wich isn't happening a lot at this very minute) i am bored out of my wits so i post on here.I also do administration work in the same position but that it's easily done in a few minutes.

Pookie 08.17.2006 04:19 AM

Talking of which...I can't sit here all day, I've got books to sell. There's only so much office work I can think up.

And as you asked, I'm bored witless by my job. Does anybody actually enjoy working?

porkmarras 08.17.2006 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
"My job is very boring, I'm an office clerk."

I work in an office where no-one overlooks my desk.

I think that if i had someone else to work with me in the office i'd spend much less time posting on this board.

Pookie 08.17.2006 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
I think that if i had someone else to work with me in the office i'd spend much less time posting on this board.

And the board would be a sadder place.

sonicl 08.17.2006 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras

It doesn't necessarily work that way. The people you work with have to be preferable to the people on this board.

That doesn't say much for the people I work with, does it? ;)

porkmarras 08.17.2006 04:28 AM

Oh no it's not that.I love posting here because you guys make me laugh quite a lot and all that.It's just that as i use the internet for work, i end up being hooked up on it much more than i would if i didn't use a live booking system.I don't use the internet as much when i'm at home,for instance.

Tokolosh 08.17.2006 04:28 AM

I work for a local TV channel on one of the dutch islands making company promo's, ad's, DTP work and tourist info stuff in general.
I'm never bored at work. Right now, I'm editing some footage and while I render the masters, which takes a while, I'll post on the forum.

porkmarras 08.17.2006 04:30 AM

The people who work in the restaurants and bars i take reservations for are for the most part really nice.And there are a lot of them as it's a huge building(it's the biggest theatre in the uk and one of the biggest theatres in the world after all).

static-harmony 08.17.2006 04:32 AM

I work in a store better yet in the bakery deptartment. I only work five hours each day for five days.

wax 08.17.2006 06:29 AM

actualy, i love my work at the moment.
i had a part time job not so long ago, lost it, so now i teach private english lessons. im still flat broke as i dont have near enough students to cover me in this expensive city.
my job is more or less meeting beautiful japanese girls in a cafe and talking to them for an hour, or taking them through a textbook. then they pay me.
i have to say that a couple of the students are blokes, and a couple are fucking nightmares. but the majority are gorgeous girls and i enjoy it alot.

Pookie 08.17.2006 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wax
meeting beautiful japanese girls in a cafe and talking to them for an hour. then they pay me.

I have a recurring dream that's very similar.

Tokolosh 08.17.2006 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wax
actualy, i love my work at the moment.
i had a part time job not so long ago, lost it, so now i teach private english lessons. im still flat broke as i dont have near enough students to cover me in this expensive city.
my job is more or less meeting beautiful japanese girls in a cafe and talking to them for an hour, or taking them through a textbook. then they pay me.
i have to say that a couple of the students are blokes, and a couple are fucking nightmares. but the majority are gorgeous girls and i enjoy it alot.

I hope you don't mind me asking. Do you live in Tokyo?

willy 08.17.2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Where do you work that allows you to be on here practically all day?

You know who I'm talking to.

3 day's a week for a large health insurrancy company; trying to improve the business processes and optimalize the quality of service, i need it for a living but like all the different people i meet

2 day's a week i'm working on my paintings; that's my real passion but it's hard to make a living of it

i like to do both things by the way

Tokolosh 08.17.2006 08:09 AM

Welkom op de SY forum willy.

_slavo_ 08.17.2006 08:11 AM

media agency

I buy/sell media space for large companies and adjust mediaplanning proces

great job but exhausting at times

golden child 08.17.2006 11:49 AM

8 hours in an office.