Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Fillmore 7-14-06 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4199)

SugarLips 07.16.2006 07:33 PM

The Fillmore 7-14-06

My first time at the Fillmore and I think it was the best show I've seen so far.. I couldn't get over the sound of this place.. setlist below along with the poster from the show.. WOW what a great place to see a show, (jokes) we sat next to Bill Graham in the VIP/Reserved section and he was grooving the entire time. :)

Rats, Pink Steam, Neutral and Expressway blew me away. SY played some great long noise jams beautifully mixed.

noisemachine 07.16.2006 07:36 PM

Dammit I wanted to go to this show so fucking bad but it was sold out when I tried to buy tickets. I saw them at the Fillmore in '04 for the Nurse tour (my first SY show ever) and it was awesome.

schizophrenicroom 07.16.2006 07:37 PM

damn. i wanted to be at this show. it was the night before a wedding, and apparently we were supposed to be all busy. we spent the whole night in the hotel room, being very busy sat watching tv. oh well. it sounds like it was a great show! great setlist.

SugarLips 07.16.2006 07:46 PM

Did you guys happen to catch Thurston on the KSFU the afternoon of the show he hosted for an hour 3-4 timeframe..we were driving into SF and happen to stubble onto it by luck .. he spun tunes and talked about everything from food to old local shows he liked ... :) :) :)

against_the_grain 07.16.2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarLips
My first time at the Fillmore and I think it was the best show I've seen so far.. I couldn't get over the sound of this place.. setlist below along with the poster from the show.. WOW what a great place to see a show, we sat next to Bill Graham in the VIP/Reserved section and he was grooving the entire time. :)

Rats, Pink Steam, Neutral and Expressway blew me away. SY played some great long noise jams beautifully mixed.

What ?....Bill Graham's been dead for about 16 years !!

Pattern Recognition !! Cool !

Gookid 07.16.2006 08:54 PM

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=103803

Great show. Couple of songs that haven't been on all the latest set lists.
Audience was a bit boisterous, but the band drown them out pretty well.

Credit: Recording, Mastering, Seeding (Dime 2006-07-15): PersistentSound

SugarLips 07.16.2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by against_the_grain
What ?....Bill Graham's been dead for about 16 years !!

Pattern Recognition !! Cool !

Yes it was my attempt at a joke.. :p just being in a place so cool which he started was like he was there grooving away with us...ha-ha .. get it ..

Pattern Recognition rocked ..

SugarLips 07.16.2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gookid
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=103803

Great show. Couple of songs that haven't been on all the latest set lists.
Audience was a bit boisterous, but the band drown them out pretty well.

Credit: Recording, Mastering, Seeding (Dime 2006-07-15): PersistentSound

Thank you for posting this Gookid but I couldn't get this link to work

Gookid 07.16.2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarLips
Thank you for posting this Gookid but I couldn't get this link to work

I'll put it on yousendit later tonight.

guitarpro 07.17.2006 12:56 PM

It was my first time there to and it was suck a great show Lee sounded great on Rats every other song kicked ass and Awlsom Color rocked as well.

silverfreepress (sdasher) 07.17.2006 01:06 PM

Bill Graham on cowbell during Pink Steam

finding nobody 07.17.2006 01:12 PM

possibly the best set list i've seen this tour

noisemachine 07.17.2006 03:00 PM

I like that they played Expressway...thats the one song I feel I missed out on since Ive never seen them play it live.

MeddleDeal 07.17.2006 11:18 PM

I wish I could have gone to that show, but couldn't. I can't believe they gave out posters too!! when I went to go see them @ the Filmore back in 2004, there was no poster.

But a GREAT setlist though. Thanks for posting!! :D

buzz mutt 07.18.2006 03:25 AM

noise after expressway was super freaking cool, lee with violin bow and weird noise box thingy. What was steve banging on that sounded like broken glass?

malefactor 07.18.2006 10:24 AM

badass show, especially expressway. The kid with the South Dakota hat dancing as if it were a 50 Cent song during Rapture was kind of moronic

silverfreepress (sdasher) 07.18.2006 10:38 AM

candyshop

Quote:

Originally Posted by malefactor
badass show, especially expressway. The kid with the South Dakota hat dancing as if it were a 50 Cent song during Rapture was kind of moronic

Dude that's Sonic Dakota! And SY will always be in da club.

goplayrabbit 07.18.2006 03:07 PM

a friend and i drove from las vegas to see this show. it was well worth it.

when they played expressway, i felt like i was on the moon.