Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Got this for 4 dollars at a flea market: (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41065)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.24.2010 09:06 AM

Got this for 4 dollars at a flea market:

First time I've ever come across a Yoof record at a flea market. :D

Also got Beastie Boys Pass the Mic 12"

scott v 08.24.2010 09:10 AM

good find! i've found alot of nice stuff at the flea market as far as SY related got a few SST era things including a Confusion is Sex SST reissue LP which is a white label Test Pressing w/ one sheet from SST promoting a short East Coat tour circa early '87. Sister LP, and Lee's From Here to Infinity which also includes a press kit and photo of lee next to a huge and now ancient BoomBox.

Derek 08.24.2010 09:12 AM

I got an EVOL reissue LP at a flea market.

Rob Instigator 08.24.2010 09:16 AM

fucking awesome

good find, and great price!

Rob Instigator 08.24.2010 09:18 AM

i never find anything SONIC at flea markets!

Count Mecha 08.24.2010 09:29 AM

That's slick. I saw the cd single of 100% at a flea market once. But I got something else instead, can't even remember what. Now I kind of hate that I didn't get it.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.24.2010 09:40 AM

it's just a CD. . . who even owns a CD player anymore?

Derek 08.24.2010 10:06 AM

I have the 100% single CD, just came across it in a £1 used bin a few years ago.

GeneticKiss 08.24.2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

Ahem...you can have my CD player when you pry it out of my cold dead hands. So what if it's not as "warm" and "organic" as vinyl; it's more portable than a record player and more robust than an mp3 through earbuds...

Count Mecha 08.24.2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

I own three! haha.

DaveCromwell 08.24.2010 10:33 AM

I got some sweet SY bootleg tapes offa those blankets on St. Marks Place.

Oh, yeah.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.24.2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Ahem...you can have my CD player when you pry it out of my cold dead hands. So what if it's not as "warm" and "organic" as vinyl; it's more portable than a record player and more robust than an mp3 through earbuds...

It's not the sound. . . it's just that they're way more delicate than vinyl, and they for the most part have these horrible jewel cases that break really easily. And you have to either put them in a CD wallet or put them on a rack, and you can't flip through them, you have to look at the names on the side. I just hate them.

chicka 08.24.2010 11:19 AM

I gave up vinyl back in the eighties and haven't looked back. I just can't handle the popping and I'm not going to buy them just to look at them and not play them. I wore out 10 vinyl copies of Electric LadyLand, Doors I and II and countless other albums as well. I lost 1500 vinyl when my cellar flooded but I hadn't played them in 4 or 5 years at that point. Is there a way to burn FLAC recordings? As they're certainly are superior to mp3 recordings.

nicfit 08.24.2010 11:49 AM

trader's little helper can easily decode flacs to wavs, then your burning software of choice will use wavs to make audio cds with no problems at all.
some softwares can actually burn directly flacs decoding them to wav in real time, but I'd suggest you to prepare the wavs before, just to make sure there won't be problems with buffering/reading/writing etc..

nicfit 08.24.2010 11:51 AM

And yeah, that 100% single in cd format is pretty easy to "win" :D on ebay/ buy on discogs for cheap prices, but if I can understand "regretting" not getting it directly in your hands instead of having it shipped etc etc..

nicfit 08.24.2010 11:52 AM

BTW, nice find Julian!
how are your effects projects coming along?

yeah third post in a row.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.24.2010 02:31 PM

oh, it's coming along. . . I'm going to be ordering more parts so that hopefully I can finalize my first design- a modification of a unique 8-bit fuzz.

Jeremy 08.26.2010 06:07 PM

Nice find, that's pretty cool.

A few months back my sister found me the Disappearer t-shirt (The one with the angel on the front and set list on the back) in a Goodwill for I believe 75 cents. Is that a bargain or what?

~Jeremy~

Chris Lawrence 08.26.2010 09:01 PM

whoa. that's the coolest shirt ever.

chicka 08.27.2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
trader's little helper can easily decode flacs to wavs, then your burning software of choice will use wavs to make audio cds with no problems at all.
some softwares can actually burn directly flacs decoding them to wav in real time, but I'd suggest you to prepare the wavs before, just to make sure there won't be problems with buffering/reading/writing etc..

thanks nicfit the only problem is I own a Mac...