Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   This forum sux (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3976)

Daycare Nation 07.09.2006 10:45 PM

This forum sux

It was nice imagining for a while that this forum could be good. It was nice knowing all the decent people.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 07.09.2006 10:46 PM

it was,
oh how man falls.

Savage Clone 07.09.2006 10:47 PM

It was good at one time, and can be good again. You are witnessing a (VERY) low ebb here.

Still, thanks for yet another thread about how bad it is right now.

Gookid 07.09.2006 10:47 PM

It's like you've read my mind, Daycare Nation.
Lots of cool people, but the few idiots have really ruined it.

jon boy 07.10.2006 04:36 AM

it really does both suck and blow at the same time at the moment. the old one went through moments like this as well. this one seems to be quite bad all the time.

_slavo_ 07.10.2006 04:37 AM

lots of cool idiots here

gmku 07.10.2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
It was good at one time, and can be good again. You are witnessing a (VERY) low ebb here.

Still, thanks for yet another thread about how bad it is right now.

I've seen these trends before in other forums. In my experience, this happens a lot in summer. I'm not trying to be facetious, but do you think it's really just that people have more time on their hands, meaning more boredom, more time to mess around on the boards and fuck around?

Why the low ebb, do you think? I would think SY fans would be "up" right now, b/c of the new album and the tour and all. But there's a lot of bitterness and hate, especially in NonSonics. I notice in the threads where the music is the focus, this isn't especially so.

gmku 07.10.2006 10:21 AM

The other thing is, people are way meaner to one another in venues like these (boards, e-mail, etc.) than they'd ever be in person. People won't belittle somebody who's sitting across the table, or even on the other end of a phone line, but they'll say anything if they can't see or hear that other person. There's no empathy then. It's kind of incredible how impersonal an electronic venue can get.

Savage Clone 07.10.2006 10:29 AM

Electronic language can also make it seem like you are being brutally mean when you are really just dishing out some friendly crap. That leads to misconceptions, which leads to arguments, which leads to devolution.

alyasa 07.10.2006 10:37 AM

Probably most of the SY fans are out and about now... Buying new records, going to shows, maybe even a few going to a handful of shows... Most of the posters here seem to be the regular ones, so maybe that's just it... Familiarity breeds contempt... Just thinking...

gmku 07.10.2006 10:38 AM

True (Savage Clone). None of those other cues are present--tone of voice, body language, facial expressions, etc. Even then, with all those things in a normal situation, things still get misconstrued. It's a wonder anything is ever communicated correctly.

Rob Instigator 07.10.2006 10:40 AM

people posting stupid racial hate shit, even in jest, SUCKS, people posting endless thread about NONSENSE SUCK. people posting stupid belligerent shit just to get people riled up SUCK.
Let's talk about sonic youth.

alyasa 07.10.2006 10:41 AM

Please, do?

gmku 07.10.2006 10:46 AM

I love Sonic Youth. I'm obsessed. I don't think this is normal. I think I'm sick. Could I get a group hug?

nomadicfollower 07.10.2006 10:48 AM

Get in here! We're all about love!

alyasa 07.10.2006 10:59 AM

Haha.

Jaded 07.10.2006 11:31 AM

there is a log out button, you know.
people always whine about forums/boards sucking.
wtf do you expect, youre typing to people you dont even know.
go outside ffs

porkmarras 07.10.2006 12:28 PM

Yeah let's start another thread that starts with SY rules and finishes exactly on the same tone.It seems the only possible way to make this forum enjoyable again.Yeah,right.

gmku 07.10.2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadicfollower

You guys are the greatest! I feel better now, thanks.

Lurker 07.10.2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadicfollower

Imagine if you were the guy in the middle.