Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   anthony braxton sonic genome project (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=37579)

jon boy 01.17.2010 01:55 PM

anthony braxton sonic genome project

http://www.coastaljazz.ca/concert/an...genome_project

i am playing!

Keeping It Simple 01.17.2010 02:22 PM

I'm not a fan of anything avant/free/improv/experimental, I'm afraid. It's just a bunch of people whose bloated egos write cheques their limited talents can't cash, jamming.

themawt71 01.17.2010 02:26 PM

neat! have fun man!

jon boy 01.17.2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I'm not a fan of anything avant/free/improv/experimental, I'm afraid. It's just a bunch of people whose bloated egos write cheques their limited talents can't cash, jamming.

is that why your a sonic youth fan?

Keeping It Simple 01.17.2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
is that why your a sonic youth fan?

I don't see the comparison.

chicka 01.17.2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

why am I not surprised

jon boy 01.17.2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

exactly.

Keeping It Simple 01.17.2010 03:00 PM

Whatever.

Genteel Death 01.17.2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Whatever.

Nobody in the world cares if you like or dislike anything, therefore please keep your opinions the way they are. It's in the best interest of humanity that you remain stupid, so that you can be shown to children in schools as a warning sign of what fast cultural dementia does to you.

Glice 01.17.2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Come on. Don't act like you've never been tempted to jack in your masses of integrity in favour of the huge sums of money available to 'avant/free/improv/experimental' musicians. Sometimes the money available is as much as 30 or 40 whole English pence!

jon boy 01.17.2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Come on. Don't act like you've never been tempted to jack in your masses of integrity in favour of the huge sums of money available to 'avant/free/improv/experimental' musicians. Sometimes the money available is as much as 30 or 40 whole English pence!

it might be 30 or 40 pence in london where the haughty taughty types live but in the north you get a pickled egg and that it.

noisereductions 01.17.2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

I don't mean to be a dick, but yr sort of coming off as a dick here.

The Earl Of Slander 01.17.2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Look, I really try to avoid even risking flame wars over the internet, but seriously, is it really necessary to express your every opinion in the most trolly, doucheist manner possible?

ann ashtray 01.18.2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

This.

Even though I do believe "anything" is a strong word. Just seems that this does happen to be the case at least most of the time.

Keeping It Simple 01.18.2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Nobody in the world cares if you like or dislike anything, therefore please keep your opinions the way they are. It's in the best interest of humanity that you remain stupid, so that you can be shown to children in schools as a warning sign of what fast cultural dementia does to you.

You sound retarded.

Keeping It Simple 01.18.2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Look, I really try to avoid even risking flame wars over the internet, but seriously, is it really necessary to express your every opinion in the most trolly, doucheist manner possible?

Grow up.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 01.18.2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

agreed

and i only listen to white jazz. less twiddly for sure