Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   L.A. 'Secret' Show? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3756)

tparker 07.04.2006 05:27 PM

L.A. 'Secret' Show?
 
Has 'they' posted or emailed where this show will be yet?

towerhamlets 07.04.2006 05:38 PM

No, not yet. Filter is supposed to email us on Friday to tell us where it is. Are you going?

Idontcareican 07.04.2006 05:49 PM

NY and LA get the cool stuff. Why can't some small town in bum-F nowhere with 5 Sonic Youth fans get a Secret Show! Then afterward, everyone can go down to the local Piggly Wiggly for some soda pop and candy.

Alex's Trip 07.04.2006 06:38 PM

Man, I'm so excited! I spoke with someone from filter asking them about the age limit (it is all ages) and he gave me a hint. He said it was "downtown LA"

tparker 07.04.2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towerhamlets
No, not yet. Filter is supposed to email us on Friday to tell us where it is. Are you going?


I have passes, but not through the filter so I won't get the email. Just waiting to hear where the hell I'm supposed to be...

Gookid 07.04.2006 06:58 PM

It sounds like you got rather ripped off- People with the laminates will know the day before, and people associated with filter most likely already know.

What happened, did someone sell you 'special' passes?
Are you just planning on crashing it?

silverfreepress (sdasher) 07.04.2006 07:08 PM

half light
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tparker
I have passes, but not through the filter so I won't get the email. Just waiting to hear where the hell I'm supposed to be...



If you haven't found out by Friday just keep chkn this board. I'm sure it will be posted.

My Open Gallery?

anyway see you there..

acousticrock87 07.04.2006 07:10 PM

Not through Filter? What kind of passes did you get? I would have thought the non-laminate guests were all invited by Filter.

Gookid 07.04.2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
If you haven't found out by Friday just keep chkn this board. I'm sure it will be posted.

My Open Gallery?

anyway see you there..

You'd have to be mentally challenged to post the location before the show.

Gookid 07.04.2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Not through Filter? What kind of passes did you get? I would have thought the non-laminate guests were all invited by Filter.

You're correct; I checked with filter, and you have to have the laminate to get in.

acousticrock87 07.04.2006 07:36 PM

I suppose it's possible that he got it through a SY connection or something. Or someone else involved with it. But otherwise, if you haven't RSVPed to Filter with your name and laminate number, I don't know how you're getting in.

Although, I bought and registered my friend's ticket for him, so he'll have to find out through me and not Filter.

Alex's Trip 07.04.2006 08:40 PM

Yeah...I hope no one post the location on this board until after the show...

Idontcareican 07.04.2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Yeah...I hope no one post the location on this board until after the show...


Why is that? So it really can be a secret show?

acousticrock87 07.04.2006 09:51 PM

I don't think it will matter. No one's getting in without a laminate. I'm not sure why it's such a secret in the first place. Like a bunch of people from this board are gonna go out there to stand outside or hope to buy the ticket at a ridiculous price from someone who already drove out there anyway?

Alex's Trip 07.05.2006 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I don't think it will matter. No one's getting in without a laminate. I'm not sure why it's such a secret in the first place. Like a bunch of people from this board are gonna go out there to stand outside or hope to buy the ticket at a ridiculous price from someone who already drove out there anyway?

I know it probably won't really matter. But we all did what we had to do to get into this show and be apart of the whole thing. I don't just want to let people who haven't done a damn thing in on it. It's hard to explain.

krastian 07.05.2006 02:19 AM

Who cares...they are playing somewhere and the OG's got tix.....sounds good to me. I don't understand what the big deal is. ROCK!

Alex's Trip 07.05.2006 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Yeah dude. If your mom didn't go stand in line, you shouldn't get to go too!

I paid for the CDs/laminates. Plus, my mom has put me through hell saying "Who got you those Sonic Youth tickets?" as a way to justify it all. I'm not saying I shouldn't have to do anything for her, but don't act like all I had to do was ask my mom to go get them for me.

Alex's Trip 07.05.2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Who cares...they are playing somewhere and the OG's got tix.....sounds good to me. I don't understand what the big deal is. ROCK!

Like I said, it won't really matter. It's hard to explain.

noisemachine 07.05.2006 06:31 PM

Aside from the fact that the location has not been disclosed and that the majority of the audience will be people from filter, I doubt this is gonna be much different from any other show on the tour.

acousticrock87 07.05.2006 06:59 PM

It will be hugely different from any other California show, though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth