Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I haven't decorticated for over a week.. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35597)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.01.2009 06:30 PM

I haven't decorticated for over a week..

(except c-walkin on the dance floor)

Glice 11.01.2009 06:38 PM

Congratulations. You're the first person on SYG (that I can remember) who's caused me to look up a word.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.01.2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Congratulations. You're the first person on SYG (that I can remember) who's caused me to look up a word.

the picture wasn't self explanatory?

get ya walk on..c-walk homie

(ironically I never see authentic crip walking anymore.. the essential c-walk involves spelling out yo set in cursive with your left foot in a pivot shuffle move. for example, Six-0s spell out "sixty" maybe its because c-walking has become a dance, not just a gang thing?)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 11.01.2009 11:41 PM

you know what's funny? I saw the full moon tonight and in the spirit of the recent holiday, I pretended to be a werewolf, bit some people, scratched at windows, and scratched on a tree trunk

well not really funny, just a nice coincidence

deflinus 11.01.2009 11:46 PM

i haven't defecated in over a week

knox 11.02.2009 12:03 AM

turn off # 2

Dead-Air 11.02.2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
you know what's funny? I saw the full moon tonight and in the spirit of the recent holiday, I pretended to be a werewolf, bit some people, scratched at windows, and scratched on a tree trunk

well not really funny, just a nice coincidence

I just accepted free tickets to see Skinny Puppy tomorrow night for the hell of it and to have a lame excuse to take a friend on a date (she would have been up for something else, but the tickets were free and she had the same, could be amusing take that I did). The opening band is for real called: Vverevvolf Grehv (Dapose of The Faint)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 11.02.2009 12:32 AM

Dead-Air, I thought you were married

Dead-Air 11.02.2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

So did I. I've posted so much about this lately, I can't get started again. In any case, the lady I'm going to the show with is a great friend and bandmate of sorts with her own relationship keeping us safe for now. Though she is increasingly game for this type of thing and vocal about her unhappiness at home. So I'm her number one wing waiter (insert joke about me working at Hooters here.)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.02.2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

gmku 11.02.2009 02:58 PM

Basically means to remove as in shucking or peeling. Can't wait to drop this in everyday conversation. Maybe the next time I'm eating peanuts at the bar: "Hey, pal, you mind not decorticating your peanuts on my shoes."

floatingslowly 11.02.2009 03:36 PM

although nothing like the days when CHUD would get dissected on stage, Puppy still puts on a great show.

going to see them (again) in December; unfortunately, I'll be with another guy.

:(

Rob Instigator 11.02.2009 04:18 PM

saw the Last Rites tour. that was the sickest msh pit i ever ever saw, worse than dead horse, worse than the dwarves, gg allin..