Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   local eh? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34887)

sonicpixie 09.24.2009 04:25 PM

local eh?

just out of interest, who on here is from the uk? it seems most of you is far far away, especially as the next county be a strange foreign land.......arrrr.

Glice 09.24.2009 05:24 PM

Thass bis a wesscunnry 'arrrr' perchance my luvver?

jon boy 09.24.2009 05:29 PM

guilty but i live overseas.

FreshChops 09.24.2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicpixie
just out of interest, who on here is from the uk

I'm there.... with you.... in spirit!

Otherwise, I can be found in southern-eastern Louisiana, USA

stu666 09.24.2009 05:32 PM

i'm from and in the uk.

Keeping It Simple 09.24.2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

just out of interest, who on here is from the uk? it seems most of you is far far away, especially as the next county be a strange foreign land.......arrrr.

Isn't everyone in the US originally from the UK anyway? I'm sure most of them can trace their heritage back to dear old Blighty. :p

Glice 09.24.2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
guilty but i live overseas.

Splitter.

Toilet & Bowels 09.24.2009 05:42 PM

english. hertfordshire/london.

FreshChops 09.24.2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Isn't everyone in the US originally from the UK anyway? I'm sure most of them can trace their heritage back to dear old Blighty. :p

Louisiana, USA; by way of Europe; by way of primate; by way of tadpole; by way of amoeba .....

gualbert 09.24.2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple

Nah.
Kirk Douglas isn't from the UK.
Cochise neither.

Zombie Robot 09.24.2009 06:04 PM

muah.

but i prefer the UK's use of words like- cream crackered, innit, cunt, knackered, and ace.

Keeping It Simple 09.24.2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gualbert
Nah.
Kirk Douglas isn't from the UK.
Cochise neither.

Yeah, but his daughter-in-law is Welsh!

gualbert 09.24.2009 06:19 PM

Yes!
You've got a point here.

Toilet & Bowels 09.24.2009 06:20 PM

half welsh

amerikangod 09.24.2009 07:27 PM

Most people in the U.S. are not from the U.K. originally. Don't forget the rest of Europe, and, uh, black people, Chinese people, and all of those other minorities.

I'm really drunk and I didn't bother to read everything in this thread, but I roughly infer that we are discussing our heritage? I am fucking Brooklyn. My parents were born here. My father's parents are from Kentucky (white trash FTW), my mother's parents were born in Brooklyn, and my maternal grandmother's parents were from Italy. I'm 1/4 Italian and that's my biggest thing ethnicity-wise. I have about 12 things in my background. Total mutt. In no particular order, I am Italian, Irish, English, Dutch, Scottish, French, and Cherokee. And some other stuff I'm forgetting? German, Swedish, and Jewish are also allegedly in there. Who knows. I'm so many things that it doesn't even matter. Also, my grandfather never knew his father and his mom was kind of a whore (he had like 10 half brothers.) He saw a picture of the alleged dude once but it may have just been a random cut-out from a magazine.

floatingslowly 09.24.2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
I am Italian, Irish, English, Dutch, Scottish, French, and Cherokee.

we might be related.

deflinus 09.24.2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

your signature is awesome. that guy is hilarious

notyourfiend 09.24.2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
I am Italian, Irish, English, Dutch, Scottish, French, and Cherokee.

If we are gonna be discussing ethnicity, I'm a full fledged Eastern European Jew & both of my parents were born and raised in the Bronx. Represent!

dale_gribble 09.24.2009 11:56 PM

born and raised in the u.s. of a. and as far as ethnicity i'm 50% polish and the other half is german, irish, welsh, native american... possibly melungeon, not really a hundred percent sure bout that half.

sonicpixie 09.25.2009 01:12 AM

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr... yes a bit westcountry there indeed! i dont understand our obsession with cider, its disgusting.
ok so there are a few of ye locals (ish) i dont feel quite so lonely now, england sucks balls yaaaaaaaaaaay :(
hehe yes bernard is the man, i wish i was irish with irish hair