Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Your next movie...? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33815)

artsygrrl 08.20.2009 08:24 PM

Your next movie...?

I'm gonna split now. Gonna go see the Brad Pitt Nazi movie.
What's the next movie you wanna see?

viewtiful_alan 08.20.2009 08:26 PM

I'm gonna finish the life aquatic with steve zissou, then maybe watch trainspotting

phoenix 08.20.2009 08:26 PM

life aquatic is one of my favourites ever ever.

floatingslowly 08.20.2009 08:29 PM

the trailer for The Book of Eli with Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman looks badass. then again, I'm a sucker for post-pox kung-fu.

automatic bzooty 08.20.2009 09:16 PM

i wanna go see inglorious basterds this weekend.

StevOK 08.20.2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl
Brad Pitt Nazi movie

Bradolf Pittler?

deflinus 08.20.2009 09:51 PM

i'll probably see 500 days of summer again this weekend. even though it reeks of indie, it's probably the most realistic relationship movie ever.

!@#$%! 08.20.2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl
I'm gonna split now. Gonna go see the Brad Pitt Nazi movie.
What's the next movie you wanna see?

not brad pit for sure.

tarantino gets on my balls since kill bill

maybe, i dont know, something good, if there is.

viewtiful_alan 08.20.2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus
i'll probably see 500 days of summer again this weekend. even though it reeks of indie, it's probably the most realistic relationship movie ever.

Very much so.

deflinus 08.20.2009 09:59 PM

dude, i loved the expectations/reality scene in the movie. my favorite part

viewtiful_alan 08.20.2009 10:14 PM

That movie almost brought tears to my eyes at certain parts because it hit so damn close to home. There's a girl with whom my relationship mirorrs that movie if the movie followed teenagers.
The expectations/reality scene should be familiar to every non-ladykiller out there.

pinkstation 08.20.2009 10:29 PM

life aqautic isn't his best, but it's for sure one of my favorite movies, and one that i go to whenever i feel bad or sad. the way wes works with colors in each movie is spectacular. in life aqautic its is bright yellows and light blues. in royal tenembaums it is reds and browns. very, very well made films.

also watch the squid and the whale. it wasn't directed by him, but he produced it and it has the same feel as most of his movies.

atsonicpark 08.20.2009 10:43 PM

In my humble opinion, Squid and the Whale is about 10,000,000 times better than anything Wes ever has done. I definitely see some similarities, though.

I'm currently making my way through all of Godard's newest films. Really amazing stuff. Better than his old stuff even! "Woe Is Me" just blew me away. Giuseppe Andreews just sent me his new film, "Babysitter", but I haven't watched it yet. Other stuff I've recently gotten but haven't watched: Hiraki Sawa's "Elsewhere", Marcel Broothaers "A Voyage to the North Sea" and "Le Courbeau Et Le Renard", Gary Hill's "Blind Spot", Oliver Payne's "Comma, Pregnant Pause", Cyrus Frisch's "Vergeef/Forgive Me", Leos Carax's "Pola X". I'm going to try to watch some more Ryan Trecartin stuff when I get a chance too.

Oh, and yeah I'll probably watch "Basterds" and "Life is Hot in Crack Town" soon.

jerf 08.20.2009 10:58 PM

district 9, sometime this weekend

pbradley 08.21.2009 02:46 AM

District 9 was pretty awesome from the beginning and then got incredeibly awesome once the alien weapons started to shoot.

The scene with the mech is enough to have me buy the movie when it comes out.

EVOLghost 08.21.2009 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
District 9 was pretty awesome from the beginning and then got incredeibly awesome once the alien weapons start to shoot.

The scene with the mech is enough to have me buy the movie when it comes out.

dang. Sounds like I should've gone n seen it. Mehbeh later.

TheFoxBen 08.21.2009 06:31 AM

I want to go see Inglourious Basterds for a second time but I don't know if I will, theater isn't cheap.

I will maybe go see I Love You, Man by the end of the summer but will certainly see Funny People and Shutter Island in october.

Satan 08.21.2009 06:34 AM

inglourious basterds

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus

don't do it

in every scene they make another glaringly obvious indie reference

"look im so indie im wearing a smiths t shirt"

fuckers

oh wait you already saw it? then by all means.

MellySingsDoom 08.21.2009 06:42 AM

Like t'others here, me wanna go see Inglorious Basterds. Also "Mesrine" and the new Von Trier Film "Antichrist". And am also tempted to buy a Lukas Moodayson box set that currently being flogged at my local Music & Video Exchange.

TheFoxBen 08.21.2009 06:44 AM

Ah yes, I forgot about Antichrist, I wanna see it so bad !