Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   STRONG dislikes... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33584)

artsygrrl 08.11.2009 08:45 PM

STRONG dislikes...

I have a real aversion to clowns. They really creep me out.
Do you have something in particular that you strongly feel is bad karma?..

alteredcourse 08.11.2009 08:47 PM

Wooden sticks, like popsickle sticks, corn dog sticks, etc.
I HATE the feeling of them on my lips. Oh I almost just threw up.

Which reminds me of that really thick stringy saliva that comes up when I brush my teeth. I puke into the sink when that shit gets too close to my tongue.

DeadDiscoDildo 08.11.2009 08:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDrJs7Js5FU

DeadDiscoDildo 08.11.2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse

Which reminds me of that really thick stringy saliva that comes up when I brush my teeth. I puke into the sink when that shit gets too close to my tongue.

Sounds like a bad dentist/doctor experience...

kierkegaarden 08.11.2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo

Dammit.

Really?

Satan 08.11.2009 08:55 PM

cops. i can't think of anything in the entire world that i hate more.

Quote:

I FUCKING HATE THOSE
seriously

alteredcourse 08.11.2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Sounds like a bad dentist/doctor experience...

Nah, I havent had too horrific of doctor/dentist experiences. I really enjoy going to them actually, really really enjoy them.

I especially love getting pap smears done. No joke! I get them way more than necessary. I think that with some situations in which I have absolutely no control, I'm able to truly give in. Like with the weather....people complain when its too snowy, then when its too hot. I absolutely bask in those situations. But in every day social situations, I have a very low stress threshold.
None of that means anything, I'm just saying.

^^Edit, haha, really? Yeah, they're awful.

jerf 08.11.2009 09:03 PM

i get really nervous around the mentally handicapped.

its just that theyre unpredictable, and i dont know what to do most of the time. i freak out a bit when they get near me.

Satan 08.11.2009 09:04 PM

oh my god are you serious, i love retarded people!

Rob Instigator 08.11.2009 09:08 PM

slow jams.

HATE THEM

alteredcourse 08.11.2009 09:09 PM

Ha, yes, once when I was younger I went to a kids camp at a farm, and on the hay-ride I sat beside this kid....I guess he saw something in my eye he didnt trust cuz he bashed me hard with his amputated arm stump, out of the blue for no reason. Fuck, it hurt, it really did. He mustve just been particularly defensive + paranoid, cuz I wasnt looking at him funny or anything, or even really notice/differenciate him much out of the rest of the kids.

kierkegaarden 08.11.2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerf
i get really nervous around the mentally handicapped.

its just that theyre unpredictable, and i dont know what to do most of the time. i freak out a bit when they get near me.

It's understandable.

dirty bunny 08.11.2009 09:13 PM

I live next to a girl who's slightly retarded. She's pretty quiet but sometimes she has parties and has other people over, and some of them are really noisy and yelpy. Their yelping and unpredictability makes me really jumpy.

jerf 08.11.2009 09:16 PM

im serious though. i mean, i cant help laughing at people with down syndrome because their heads always look like pineapples. but its a nervous laughter.

viewtiful_alan 08.11.2009 09:42 PM

70's/80's non-rock.

When I hear sentences like "oh I was a huge rocker back in highschool, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Def Leppard, you name it man!" I want to puke.

schizophrenicroom 08.11.2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

OH MY GOD, if i accidentally touch my lips with one i go nuts.

silk and velvet are two textures i cannot touch. it sounds so weird but i get tempted to run my nails down whatever it is made of those materials and.. it drives me nuts.

i have a fear of clowns, too.

alteredcourse 08.11.2009 10:04 PM

HAHA thats so awesome. It's like being a cat with your fur all petted the wrong way, isnt it.

Viewful: I dont know where you're from, but have you heard of the british comedy Saxondale? It centralizes around a character exactly like the sort of person you hate, but completely boils it down to these harmless hilarious existances/situations. It's just awesome. It makes fun of him while also indulging him in that incy wince of pride he feels he's owed.

Anyways, I'm awful at describing things I love, you should just watch an episode. It's not to be taken seriously.

viewtiful_alan 08.11.2009 10:09 PM

Hm I'll have to check it out. Is it on dvd?

artsygrrl 08.11.2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Nah, I havent had too horrific of doctor/dentist experiences. I really enjoy going to them actually, really really enjoy them.

I especially love getting pap smears done. No joke! I get them way more than necessary. I think that with some situations in which I have absolutely no control, I'm able to truly give in. Like with the weather....people complain when its too snowy, then when its too hot. I absolutely bask in those situations. But in every day social situations, I have a very low stress threshold.
None of that means anything, I'm just saying.

^^Edit, haha, really? Yeah, they're awful.

Yeah, I agree! BTW, did you know that Pat Smear of the (early?) Foo Fighters took his stage name after hearing a description of a pap smear? He was unspeakably grossed out. Heh

alteredcourse 08.11.2009 10:21 PM

Ha yes I've heard that. It's potentially and technically a very uncomfortable experience.
Eventually guys get their own sort, after 40 I think, with the annual prostate exam. Yum! Guys, believe me, just give in, its much easier.

Viewful: I downloaded episodes through mininova.org .