Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Google Chrome (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30536)

Sonic Youth 37 04.23.2009 02:29 PM

Google Chrome

So, I just downloaded Google Chrome and I actually kind of like it. I can see it being my eventual successor to Firefox once they get some cool new features. The tabbed browser is a bit more improved than Firefox it seems.

/pointless thread

ithinkimissyou 04.23.2009 02:33 PM

after quite a few years of being a firefox user - opera is gradually grabbing me more and more.

it's so rediculously quick, yet is full of neat little features.

my folks got an acer aspire one a while back, and i was horrified at how slow the firefox build for it was (using linpus; a fedora knock off)

anyway a week ago i grabbed Opera 9 for Fedora Core 8, and haven't looked back. it's a really, really good browser.

/pointless reply

afterthefact 04.23.2009 02:35 PM

INTERNET EXPLORER IS THE BEST AND ANYBODY WHO USES ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST SOME NEO-HIPPIE WANNABEE WITH SOME LIBERAL AGENDA TO MAKE EVERYBODY USE MACS AND DRINK STARBUCKS!!!!!

/pointless troll

Sonic Youth 37 04.23.2009 02:35 PM

On the issue of speed, I can already say the Chrome is noticeably faster than Firefox. It still pisses me off that I have to keep IE around to run certain Microsoft scans. At least the icon is nowhere to be found. Run commands FTW.

vulva 04.23.2009 08:01 PM

for my desktop I use firefox since I run more programs on it which the plugins help with (foxytunes and such), but my laptop uses Chrome since it's more lightweight and fast. My favourite feature with Chrome is that it treats each tab like an individual window, so if things go tits up it only affects the one tab.

pbradley 04.23.2009 08:03 PM

waiting for a Chrome version for mac

ricechex 04.23.2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
On the issue of speed, I can already say the Chrome is noticeably faster than Firefox. It still pisses me off that I have to keep IE around to run certain Microsoft scans. At least the icon is nowhere to be found. Run commands FTW.

The issue of speed is interesting. I just got Chrome a couple weeks back and dig it, and it appears faster than Firefox and IE, my two prev mainly used browsers.

But i wonder if it is merely bc they're newer. I have no idea how, maybe they eventually get weighed down somehow. But that is my experience with a new browser. They're always faster than the one i replaced. huh..

SYRFox 04.24.2009 04:47 AM

"pointless"

/pointless pointless

phoenix 04.24.2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
NEO-HIPPIE WANNABEE WITH SOME LIBERAL AGENDA TO MAKE EVERYBODY USE MACS AND DRINK STARBUCKS!!!!!

so many conflicting points of view in one person?

afterthefact 04.24.2009 08:26 AM

I'm... I'm not happy with myself.

Happy?

Rob Instigator 04.24.2009 09:52 AM

I goodled "chrome" this is what I got

jon boy 04.24.2009 11:47 AM

i actually dont like firefox all that much i know people say its better but explorer does the trick fo me and its smaller than firefox.

pbradley 04.24.2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I goodled "chrome" this is what I got

it's all about Chrome Dome, dawg

afterthefact 04.24.2009 01:35 PM

You didn't ask the Ninja Turtles for permission, you jerk! Why are you trying to burden their system?!?

Sonic Youth 37 04.24.2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
it's all about Chrome Dome, dawg

I still that action figure somewhere. I literally have a 4 foot by foot&half by foot&half plastic tote that is 75% TMNT action figures. :o

Rob Instigator 04.24.2009 02:17 PM

I only acknowledge one chrome dome

Laird James McCullen Destro XXIV