Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Truth! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30335)

terminal pharmacy 04.17.2009 06:07 PM

The Truth!

I have come to the conclusion that the kings of leon suck more than any band has ever sucked in the whole history of music... I loathe them as much as I loathe Tom Crusie.

Savage Clone 04.17.2009 06:11 PM

Sorry, but the Moldy Peaches will always be my Shit Barometer.

"A Bad Idea Poorly Executed"

the ikara cult 04.17.2009 06:22 PM

I do remember staying in the room at a party before realising a Kings of Leon album was on, and being able to tune right back out when i realised what was playing. Nothing offensive about that.

Razorlight on the other hand...

atsonicpark 04.17.2009 06:45 PM

I can think of a couple worse bands...

demonrail666 04.17.2009 07:13 PM

I thought that too, until another member linked me one of their songs which, while still shit, isn't nearly as shit as everything I've heard by, say, Raging Speedhorn.

Derek 04.17.2009 07:36 PM

At least Raging Speedhorn aren't boring.

Kings of Leon are so dull. Horrible stuff.

Danny Himself 04.17.2009 07:49 PM

Their first two albums are fantastic, and their Holy Roller Novocane EP. Indecipherable vocals, spazzy southern fried rock and roll- like if Jon Spencer Blues Explosion were genuine, and more talented musically. I'm not going to jump overboard the goodship KOL suddenly because the radio-retarded masses have gotten onto their lazy, stoned excuse for a third album. It's not like they actually intended to sell out, too, it was just a crazy fluke.

I'm gonna listen to 'Slow Night, So Long' now and not be up my own arse.

[Sandbag] 04.17.2009 08:06 PM

nah, they've got a few decent tunes that I really like.
so it's YOUR TRUTH :P

joe11121 04.17.2009 08:42 PM

Kings of Leon aren't that bad.

amerikangod 04.17.2009 09:30 PM

Whatever. My roommate was just listening to Sublime. None of you can currently compare to my hell.

This Is Not Here 04.17.2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Their first two albums are fantastic, and their Holy Roller Novocane EP. Indecipherable vocals, spazzy southern fried rock and roll- like if Jon Spencer Blues Explosion were genuine, and more talented musically. I'm not going to jump overboard the goodship KOL suddenly because the radio-retarded masses have gotten onto their lazy, stoned excuse for a third album. It's not like they actually intended to sell out, too, it was just a crazy fluke.

I'm gonna listen to 'Slow Night, So Long' now and not be up my own arse.

If I could rep you, I'd do it so bad in HUUURRRRT (positive rep, that is)

Aha Shake Heartbreak is a fucking wonderful album, one of the best you'll find in mainstream rock of the past decade. There third album is poorer, but still an alright listen. It's their exuse-for-a-record fourth album featuring Sex "If-Hear-This-One-More-Time-I'll-Boil-My-Scrotum" On Fire which has lost them credibilty well and truely. A real shame.

dionysusundone 04.18.2009 12:34 AM

I tried to listen to the last two but couldn't get into them at all really. I LIKE the first one but the second one's really the best. They're kind of a guilty pleasure.