Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I'm getting Rather Ripped, are you? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2894)

screamingskull 06.13.2006 09:48 AM

I'm getting Rather Ripped, are you?

got my copy today, listening to it for the firt time ever, i bought it on cd and vinyl and the guy in the record shop was nice enough to give me three Rather ripped premotional posters free too. so far my favourites are Jams run free which is fantastic!!!, and helen lundeberg.

did anyone else get their copy today??, has anyone else waited until today to get it and hasent downloaded it??

gmku 06.13.2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
got my copy today, listening to it for the firt time ever, i bought it on cd and vinyl and the guy in the record shop was nice enough to give me three Rather ripped premotional posters free too. so far my favourites are Jams run free which is fantastic!!!, and helen lundeberg.

did anyone else get their copy today??, has anyone else waited until today to get it and hasent downloaded it??

Got mine yesterday. Like you, both CD and LP, but nobody offered me any freebies.

Before that, I'd only heard snippets here and there, online.

I think it's freaking great! I'm surprised to find that I like the Kim songs best. I especially like What a Waste.

It's an excellent album. The only fault I find is that sometimes the songs don't stretch out enough, but that's minor.

screamingskull 06.13.2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku

I think it's freaking great! I'm surprised to find that I like the Kim songs best. I especially like What a Waste.

mee too!!!, i never like kim's the best, ever!, but her's are fantastic on Rather Ripped.

Rob Instigator 06.13.2006 10:00 AM

I got m,ine yesterday after work. YAY! I fucking rocked it. I had only heard reena and incinerate and it was wond3erful to hear the rest of it! RATS RULES!!!

SONIC YOUTH OWNS THAT SHIT!

screamingskull 06.13.2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

SONIC YOUTH OWNS THAT SHIT!

FUCK YEAH!!!!

i really love it so far, i can't believe that some people are hateing it so much that they won't buy it.:confused:

nicfit 06.13.2006 10:12 AM

[quote=screamingskull]the guy in the record shop was nice enough to give me three Rather ripped premotional posters free too. [quote]

could you post the posters pictures pretty please?
yeah,i'm the king of alliteration!!!

SugarLips 06.13.2006 10:16 AM

going on my lunch break to pick up my copy today can't wait I've been wearing the streaming links out !!! Can't wait to see them on Friday night.. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo soniclove

screamingskull 06.13.2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit

could you post the posters pictures pretty please?
yeah,i'm the king of alliteration!!!

its just a blow up of the rather ripped cd cover but it has 'Album out 5th june" and "exquisite-4/5 Uncut" written on it.

screamingskull 06.13.2006 10:32 AM

Ha hahaha, today is Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen's 20th birthday too. i wonder if they asked for rather ripped on their birtday lists?, or if anyone bought them it?

king_buzzo 06.13.2006 10:45 AM

from the streams from mp3 it sounds ok.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 06.13.2006 10:46 AM

When I get money.

Trasher02 06.13.2006 10:47 AM

I wanted to buy it but those stupid stores inmy town didn't have it yet while they should have had it yesterday!

fishmonkey 06.13.2006 11:02 AM

i keep going down with the cash in hand and the dumbass bitch behind the counter keeps bursting my bubble..

Do you have the new Sonic Youth album..
No it hasnt come in yet

... to which point i blow her face off with a shotgun and miraculously shes there again the next day like nothing has happened when we go thru the same shit again.

its a real shitty record shop and they will get it eventually and i will buy it.
i fuckin love the sight of a new SY cd..
makes me all gooey inside..
a bit like this song..
"there he is and you know your in love.....for the very first time"

screamingskull 06.13.2006 11:05 AM

there are two really fantastic indiependant record shops in my town, Swordfish and Tempest. i went to swordfish today to get Rather Ripped, they had it cheeper in there than HMV had it. and i like to suppost indiependant record shops as much as possible.
as i said the guy in there was really nice and gave me three posters too.

finding nobody 06.13.2006 11:14 AM

i should be getting mine in just a bit! i can only pray that hot topic will have it on vinyl. because we dont really have a good vinyl store in this town. but i will be getting the cd for sure

HaydenAsche 06.13.2006 11:27 AM

No.

Pax Americana 06.13.2006 11:29 AM

Picking it up today before work.

akprodr 06.13.2006 11:29 AM

I'll be getting mine soon, I ordered it (and a bunch of other cds including the Whitey Album) on Thursday. And they said it shipped on Saturday--four days before its released! How does that work?

Apparently I DID get the cd today. At least that's what the tracking info says.

Yes, wife says package arrived. Amazon still says it won't be there until the 21st!

guitarpro 06.13.2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Hell no I'm not buying it. Fuck sonic youth.

Dude if ya hate Sonic Youth why do you post here and make us waste our time reading yr silly shit. If ya hate SY so much go somewhere else and listen to some Blink 182 or something. As for me I'm getting my copy today.

gmku 06.13.2006 11:48 AM

I'm a jerk. I try to support the local independent store just around the block from where I work. But no... yesterday I just couldn't wait one more day so I strayed and bought my copies at another store several blocks away (still an independent local store, though). Today the owner of the first store (the one I try to support the most) sees me and asks if I want him to hold a copy of RR for me when it comes in on vinyl tomorrow. He knows I like SY and he knows I like vinyl. God, how embarrassing. What could I say? I felt so sleazy. In fact, I felt so guilty about my betrayal, I went over and picked out a $17 copy of The Marble Index on vinyl and bought it.

Why can't I be true?