Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SIGUR RÓS - "með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust" (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=22835)

diskaholic-anonymous 06.22.2008 03:57 PM

SIGUR RÓS - "með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust"

Attachment 352

what do you think of the new album from sigur rós?...Not as good as older stuff, still good music but ?!... doesn't really touch me like their older material. Less experimental, less slow building crescendos and ecstatic peaks...maybe "sad - pop"???...I'll need several more listenings... give it more time…

SYRFox 06.22.2008 04:02 PM

I only heard the single, and it made me think of Animal Collective, which is interesting. I should listen to it

Derek 06.22.2008 04:05 PM

It's okay.

SuperCreep 06.22.2008 04:54 PM

Von - Pretty good.
Ágætis Byrjun - Awesome.
( ) - Awesome. My favorite.
Takk... - Good.
Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust - Shit. Aside from Gobbledigook and maybe two other songs, this is dreadfully boring to sit through.

Everyneurotic 06.22.2008 05:01 PM

it's good, not as awful as the cunt album or agatas bjorn but not as good as takk.

---

i wish i knew how to make those images that look like motivational posters but if i could, i'd do one with this one:

"SIGUR RÓS: because slint can't be understood by elves"

PAULYBEE2656 06.23.2008 04:10 AM

its pretty good... i like it.. its not as good as takk or von but its a damn site better than () which i thought was appalling.

sarramkrop 06.23.2008 04:15 AM

Sigur Ros = Music for people who become a burden on society with their whinging and depression.

Everyneurotic 06.23.2008 11:33 PM

look at the pic!!! just look at it, it's an actual sr fan at an actual sr gig (where the drummer almost died or something).

dionysusundone 06.23.2008 11:34 PM

I was way disappointed when it wasn't all like that single.

vulva 06.23.2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
it's good, not as awful as the cunt album or agatas bjorn but not as good as takk.

---

i wish i knew how to make those images that look like motivational posters but if i could, i'd do one with this one:

"SIGUR RÓS: because slint can't be understood by elves"

Everyneurotic 06.24.2008 12:23 AM

thank you tons, i'm too lazy to do it myself!!!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.24.2008 01:29 AM

I really like it. Extremely peaceful and conceptually unique from any of the band's previous material. It has a personality of it's own, and that's what I expect from a Sigur Ros album. Overall I'm really enjoying this so far.

Bollocks_to_Pop 06.25.2008 01:59 AM

I like the new album. It's very different from their other albums which is nice. I like when bands don't get stuck in ruts. I don't know yet whether I prefer Takk over this, but either way I think it is a very good record.

acousticrock87 06.25.2008 02:21 AM

This thread has convinced me not to buy it. Thanks, The Swarm.

But Gloppitgoo or whatever sounds like In Rainbows. Like, a lot like it.

Florya 06.25.2008 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I really like it. Extremely peaceful and conceptually unique from any of the band's previous material. It has a personality of it's own, and that's what I expect from a Sigur Ros album. Overall I'm really enjoying this so far.

I'm with you Eugene.

BTW - Careful......

Cantankerous 06.25.2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
I'm with you Eugene.

BTW - Careful......

careful......with that axe eugene

WAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

acousticrock87 06.25.2008 05:32 AM

I think I liked Hvarf/Heim, but then I ended up having to review it for a newspaper thing, and all of a sudden I felt like I had to be more critical or something. It's the only CD I've had to genuinely review for publication, so it sits forever in a strange limbo of not really knowing what I actually think of it. But Hliómalind is one of their best songs, I think.

Now I kind of want to get the new one. Stop influencing me.

Florya 06.25.2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I will go pick up the new cd today as you can't go wrong with a Florya pick..

Wow. I never thought my opinion carried so much influence!:)
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

The thing I like about Sigur Ros is that they seem to evolve from one release to the next, and the new album is no exception. You can never second guess them.

Although 'Hoppipolla' is probably one of my favourite tracks of all time, I think that the new album is more rounded and consistent than Takk.

I'm yet to see them live - never quick enough to get a ticket :o

One day....

_slavo_ 06.25.2008 05:38 AM

I bought Heina DVD and I regretted this action very soon.

Toilet & Bowels 06.25.2008 05:44 AM

you lot need to grow some balls