Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Al Gore movie (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2192)

ricechex 05.25.2006 10:38 AM

Al Gore movie

I heard it opened recently. does anyone know how widely available it will be in the theaters or have any info,or thoughts, on it? i looked around and couldn't find much.

finding nobody 05.31.2006 11:18 PM

i never heard of the movie. i just know he said this

"I invented the internet!"

ricechex 06.01.2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
i never heard of the movie. i just know he said this

"I invented the internet!"

well, the movie's not about Al Gore, per se, or the internet. It's coming out in my area on Friday, the greater NY Metropolitan area. I'm psyched to see it and hear it's really good. I love this Al Gore buzz right now.

sellouteater 06.01.2006 12:51 AM

Whats the movie about?

krastian 06.01.2006 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sellouteater
Whats the movie about?

Things your President doesn't believe in.

sellouteater 06.01.2006 01:30 AM

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=243 832

ozZuB-ginK 06.01.2006 02:19 AM

yea i've been seeing a lot about this too and i really want to see this as well. If only Gore could've been our prez *sigh*

khchris 06.01.2006 02:54 AM

Because of the pointless theme, I'm not going to see it.

global warning....slobal swarning

Al Gore should make a film on how much we Americans complain!!

ricechex 06.01.2006 07:22 AM

Gotta admit America is way behind the rest of the world in terms of recognizing the damage done by global warrming thus far. i.e. saying it's a "pointless" theme. Some say it doesn't even exist. But the evidence is overwhelming that global warming, whatever its cause, is doing significant damage. Scientists all over the world r saying it, officially, in reports etc., and America is the leader in terms of pollution and contributing to its effects. environmental concerns are a somewhat dry topic, but very important nonetheless.

jon boy 06.01.2006 07:36 AM

all i can think of when i hear the name al gore is the pmrc, i know it was his wife but it still reminds me.

krastian 06.01.2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricechex
Gotta admit America is way behind the rest of the world in terms of recognizing the damage done by global warrming thus far. i.e. saying it's a "pointless" theme. Some say it doesn't even exist. But the evidence is overwhelming that global warming, whatever its cause, is doing significant damage. Scientists all over the world r saying it, officially, in reports etc., and America is the leader in terms of pollution and contributing to its effects. environmental concerns are a somewhat dry topic, but very important nonetheless.

That's true, but I think most Americans know that it is a serious and very real problem....it's much more the government that acts like it's not a problem. They of course don't talk about it so yes, some people that ignore what is happening outside of their own little life in their own little town have no clue to what's really going on. I mean I read about this shit (including our eventual need for an alternative source of fuel) in my Weekly Reader in 1987 when I was in first grade. I don't know, saving the planet before things get out of hand sounds like a pretty cool idea to me.

ricechex 06.01.2006 03:49 PM

yeah, i hear that. alot of blame goes to the administration for not taking it seriously enough. The administration has an almost knee jerk reaction to do the opposite of common sense.

gonna see the Inconveniant Truth tommorrow and i'll provide a little movie review.

ozZuB-ginK 06.01.2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khchris
Because of the pointless theme, I'm not going to see it.

global warning....slobal swarning

Al Gore should make a film on how much we Americans complain!!

yea y're right, it's pointless to care about the ONE planet we have and taking care of it. what a lameo that al gore is

:fuckyou:

ricechex 06.02.2006 11:39 PM

Ok, fresh off of an Inconveniant Truth showing. Good movie. a solid B+. Al Gore is extremely knowledgable and has quite the passion for the subject; and that's an understatement. Tons of graphs and hard data culled from his speeches about global warming all over the world. He's delivered over a thousand. The evidence is overwhelming, but if one thinks along this great political divide,and doesn't have an interest in it ,and blows it off b/c it's Al Gore, they're basically saying global warming doesn't exist. That's why this movie was effective. it wasn't political, just informational. Ok, there r a few light jabs peppered in here and there, (heehee), but overall, very little. anyways, the visuals are fantastic. Huge ass glaciers falling into the sea, earth progressions displayed on land through its life cycle. the impact of global warming reported on so many levels. animals, ocean levels, tempature, natural disasters, power and electricity etc. quick, simple, effective fact i learned about global warming: in 650,000 years, the most we can go back to with regard to recording c02, the levels of Co2 have risen relative to temps. little cowinkydink. they match up and spike so well it's like a puzzle fitting together. I wanted to know some actual data and it's all here. good flick, i enjoyed it. perhaps a little slow, b/c u feel like you're in class at times. and by the time it's over you'll believe Al Gore is the chosen one to save the fucking earth! but it's all good.

krastian 06.22.2006 11:29 PM

Earth hottest it's been in 2,000 years
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/...global_warming
:rolleyes:

acousticrock87 06.22.2006 11:34 PM

I don't know, I'm a bit apathetic towards the whole global warming thing. I mean is it actually something that can be prevented from ever happening, or just something that can be held off? Cause if it's just to hold it off, technically that would be causing more people to suffer when it does happen, due to population increase.

static-harmony 06.23.2006 12:49 AM

President Bush should be bitch-slapped by Captain Planet.

krastian 06.23.2006 12:55 AM

Ha ha....repped fo sho.

Alex's Trip 06.23.2006 01:08 AM

I hear there is a clip of Futurama in that movie...

"Peace out, Y'all!"

"Crimes of the Hot"
Episode 8 of Season 4

Infinite Spark 06.23.2006 01:09 AM

watch out for Al Gore, man, he's Cereal!