Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lady Jaye P-Orridge R.I.P. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=17029)

Dead-Air 10.13.2007 12:42 AM

Lady Jaye P-Orridge R.I.P.

Apparently Genesis P-Orridge's wife and recent musical partner in Psychic TV/PTV3 suddenly died of heart failure in his arms yesterday.

They were just about to start touring for their new album. Here's the Boing Boing article.

pbradley 10.13.2007 01:00 AM

I thought they were divorced?

sonicl 10.13.2007 02:21 AM

Goodness... that kinda... like swa(y) says... sux.

Dead-Air 10.13.2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
I thought they were divorced?

You were thinking of his first wife in the original Psychic TV, Paula.

Tokolosh 10.13.2007 05:46 AM

Sad. I saw Psychic TV in Amsterdam a couple of months ago. I was filming for the festival they played on, and only got to shoot about 4 minutes of their show before she walked up to me shouting, "You didn't ask me! You didn't ask me! Switch that camera off now!", which I did. Quite embarrassing actually. Got the whole commotion on video though. She confronted quite a few people throughout the night after that. Even photographers.

R.I.P Lady Jaye.

therealglenstyler 10.13.2007 06:24 AM

that's so typical, you spend your whole life looking for the one person you can become identical transgender twins with and they up and die half way through the ops...

sad for the parting of two lovers.

PAULYBEE2656 10.14.2007 05:28 AM

how sad. that was a suprise i didnt expect to read.... rest easy lady jaye rest easy!!!!

Thu, Oct 11, 2007

Genesis Breyer P-Orridge and her reactivated Psychic TV aka PTV3 are terribly sad to announce the cancellation of their November North American tour dates. This decision is entirely due to the unexpected passing of band member Lady Jaye Breyer P-Orridge.

Lady Jaye died suddenly on Tuesday 9th October 2007 at home in Brooklyn, New York from a previously undiagnosed heart condition which is thought to have been connected with her long-term battle with stomach cancer. Lady Jaye collapsed and died in the arms of her heartbroken "other half" Genesis Breyer P-Orridge.

Being overwhelmed by the enormity of their loss, Genesis and the other surviving band members of Psychic TV/PTV3 are not able to properly meet the demands of touring and performance. Obviously, her absence onstage , the conspicuous loss of her unique charisma, music and humour would be an unbearable emotional reality to confront night after night.

The group, who have been touring to promote their first studio album in 12 years, will announce future plans after an appropriate period of mourning.

Everyneurotic 10.14.2007 12:36 PM

that sucks.

Florya 10.14.2007 03:56 PM

It's a shame and a shock. I had no idea she was unwell.

I saw Lady Jaye at the ICA Desertshore thing that TG did back in the summer. She and Gen looked very happy together. S/He must be disconsolate.

S/He has my sympathy and condolences

Dead-Air 10.14.2007 11:57 PM

Photo by Seth Tissue at the Empty Bottle in Chicago:

max 10.15.2007 09:58 PM

it's really incredibly sad.
what can I say? life's cruel.