Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Madeleine McCann (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=16189)

fishmonkey 09.08.2007 06:45 PM

Madeleine McCann

what the fuck is going on here?

what do yee think?

Danny Himself 09.08.2007 06:48 PM

I was thinking about making this thread earlier today. I have no idea what is going on, but that meal of theirs better have been fucking good to endanger and lose their child for.

fishmonkey 09.08.2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I was thinking about making this thread earlier today. I have no idea what is going on, but that meal of theirs better have been fucking good to endanger and lose their child for.

brilliant, my thoughts exactly.

whorefrost 09.10.2007 11:03 AM

http://ben-fairhall.blogspot.com/

The Usher 09.10.2007 11:05 AM

I'm slowly becoming obsessed by this, the media has managed to stir the whole thing up into complete hysteria...for what it's worth, I have absolutely no idea of what's going on, but the parents seem very, very together...

screamingskull 09.10.2007 11:07 AM

one of the couples that they were eating with that night, Have a daughter who was ill that evening and when they went back to check on her during dinner they found her throwing up.
I would never leave my child locked in a hotel room in a foreign country to go out for a meal. EVER!

The Usher 09.10.2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
one of the couples that they were eating with that night, Have a daughter who was ill that evening and when they went back to check on her during dinner they found her throwing up.
I would never leave my child locked in a hotel room in a foreign country to go out for a meal. EVER!

Yep, I totally agree. Vey odd behaviour.

screamingskull 09.10.2007 11:12 AM

He is a surgeon, she is a GP, there is no way this could have been an "Accidental death" they are far too qualified to let that happen. And if it was Accidental they wouldn't be in trouble with the police so they could have gone to them straight away.

The Usher 09.10.2007 11:14 AM

Where do you think she is?

screamingskull 09.10.2007 11:15 AM

i think she is dead, sadly, i think she was kidnapped, and has been killed. :(

The Usher 09.10.2007 11:19 AM

Hmm, one minute I think the parents did it, and the next I don't. Today I think they did...

demonrail666 09.10.2007 11:20 AM

[edit: Screamingskull] I agree, but if that really was her blood in their hire car. then you have to admit, it's pretty odd.

sonicl 09.10.2007 11:20 AM

I lost interest in this story weeks ago. The whole parent-induced media hysteria just started to sicken me. This whole thing of people putting posters up all over the place, and the parents doing Europe-wide tours to raise conciousness - it just got on my nerves. The way that they seem to be telling the media what they'll be doing all the time so that they'll be there to report on it, they're rivalling the Beckhams for irritatingness.

Expect a film to be made about this some time.

jon boy 09.10.2007 11:24 AM

i dont think the parents did anything to her but what the hell where they thinking leaving the kids alone like that in a strange place. i hope they find her but it looks doubtful now. i just keep thinking about that girl in austria who was found ten years after she dissapeared in the basement of some horrible guy.

sonicl 09.10.2007 11:28 AM

It's pretty commonplace for people to do things on holiday that they wouldn't dream of doing at home though. Some people leave a camera on a restaurant table while they go for a pee, others leave the kids asleep in the hotel room while they go for a meal. I think a lot of parents are probably thinking "There but for the grace of God goes I".

racehorse 09.10.2007 11:44 AM

i reckon it was the parents, although the whole case is so nauseating. it's like the british public's interest in the story has grown into some sort of perverse infatuation.
also - just imagine all of the children that have been kidnapped since that weren't white or middle class. madeleine mccann seems to have become the new princess diana.

sarramkrop 09.10.2007 11:47 AM

Squalidly sad story, but I can't help thinking of that sketch on Mad Cows where the parents suddenly realize that they sent their son on a trip with the scouts while they're being interviewed by the press.

pokkeherrie 09.10.2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse
also - just imagine all of the children that have been kidnapped since that weren't white or middle class. madeleine mccann seems to have become the new princess diana.

That's called "missing white woman syndrome" (MWWS), also known as "missing pretty girl syndrome".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing...woman_syndrome

As for the McCann case, I'm not going to say guilty or not guilty as it's all just speculation anyway for everyone who's not closely involved in the investigation... but sure, there are definitely some questions on the behaviour of the parents.

MellySingsDoom 09.10.2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I lost interest in this story weeks ago. The whole parent-induced media hysteria just started to sicken me. This whole thing of people putting posters up all over the place, and the parents doing Europe-wide tours to raise conciousness - it just got on my nerves. The way that they seem to be telling the media what they'll be doing all the time so that they'll be there to report on it, they're rivalling the Beckhams for irritatingness.

Expect a film to be made about this some time.

Agreed - their doing that photo-shoot with the Pope I found very weird. What next, an audience with Bono?

eatmychild 09.10.2007 02:21 PM

I hope the parents are guilty just because of the publicity campaign they've launched. I hope all the over the top sympathy turns into hate, and they become notorious sickos.

This hate of the McCanns I'm sure is justified. Media attention is fixed on the story because they think the public wants to hear about it, that's what sells papers, improves ratings etc. However, I doubt it would have reached this peak of saturation into the media and public interest if it wasn't for the relentless pushing of the McCanns themselves, who were appointed public representitives and media liasons by our government to help them bombard us.

Then there's the thoughtlessness of the public who participate in and perpetuate the campaign. Not only do the public/media seem to be forgetting people who aren't white or middle class, they've forgotton that Madeleine McCann is not important, no more important than the tramp on the street.

I understand that people who knew Maddy are concerned, but to the millions of people who have never met her, and know nothing about her except that she was kidnapped....well don't they have lives to be living? More pressing matters than the disappearance of a stranger?

Things like this show how retarded the nation is.