Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   how often do you think of suicide(ing) yourself? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15692)

farmhouse 08.21.2007 10:55 AM

how often do you think of suicide(ing) yourself?

i was just talking to my sister about this, and found that she too thinks about it quite often . . . it might be genetic. our uncle topped himself a few years back . . .

Rob Instigator 08.21.2007 10:59 AM

Not since age 13 or so.

if you or yours are talking or thinking about it then it is something you shouldd keep an eye on dude. you never know.
this kind of depression does run in families.

farmhouse 08.21.2007 11:02 AM

it's not something i would take my eye off.

thinking about it is one thing, but coming close to doing it is another entirely.

when at my lowest/most depressed i never have the energy to carry that thing out . . . and i tend to just hope that something will come along and do the thing for me.

jico. 08.21.2007 11:05 AM

every minute.

think of all those virgins in heaven. hmm.

sonicl 08.21.2007 11:07 AM

I've never specifically thought of suicide. When I was was suffering with depression I thought that I'd like to just cease to exist, but I never wanted to take any action to achieve that.

People who actually are suicidal are unlikely to talk about it. People who talk about it are more likely reaching out for help. It's when they're still in a bad way and they stop talking about it that you need to really start worrying.

farmhouse 08.21.2007 11:08 AM

d'you go to heaven for suicide? . . . if you believed in heaven there wouldn't be any need to kill yrself eh?

farmhouse 08.21.2007 11:10 AM

spose it's like addiction . . . realising it is the first step . . . then you talk . . . . or maybe i'm an attention seeker. yeah, just ignore me.

sonicl 08.21.2007 11:11 AM

If you believe in Heaven, then you believe in God. If you believe in God, then suicide is a sin. If you sin, you won't go to Heaven.

That may just be a Catholic way of looking at things.

jico. 08.21.2007 11:12 AM

edited

sonicl 08.21.2007 11:17 AM

Aah, the cunt within Jico has escaped again. He'd been contained for so long, it had to happen some time.

If you're trying to joke with me, don't, I'm not laughing.

sarramkrop 08.21.2007 11:20 AM

Everytime that I read about it on here for about the 10 seconds that it took me to write this.

farmhouse 08.21.2007 11:25 AM

i'll just let you guys crack on in here then.

that's 202 and out for me.

sonicl 08.21.2007 11:31 AM

If someone is clearly talking seriously about suicide or depression, then chances are that that they or someone close to them has been affected and they will be sensitive about it.

jico. 08.21.2007 11:32 AM

i've been posting for awhile now.
tell me, i've i ever purposly offended you?

jico. 08.21.2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
If someone is clearly talking seriously about suicide or depression, then chances are that that they or someone close to them has been affected and they will be sensitive about it.

i was not talking seriously.sorry for not understanding that you were.
i am truly sorry.

floatingslowly 08.21.2007 11:38 AM

I don't think I'd mind if everything just disappeared.

catastrophic change would do some good.

I don't care enough to do myself, but if I had a button that would blow up the planet, you wouldn't be reading this.

Rob Instigator 08.21.2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
If you believe in Heaven, then you believe in God. If you believe in God, then suicide is a sin. If you sin, you won't go to Heaven.

That may just be a Catholic way of looking at things.

yeah that's catholic.

hebrew too.

not so in islam. if you kill yourself while killing infidels tnen you are guaranteed forty virgins so you can defile them in all sorts of carnal ways in the afterlife.
are opeople that stupid that they actully believe there is a coporeal afterlife where they will have penises to fuck virgins with?

fuck people will believe anything

jon boy 08.21.2007 11:52 AM

ive never thought of suicide as anything i would actually do but i have wondered about it, if that makes any sense. i have wondered what it would be like to do it and how etc.

jico. 08.21.2007 11:52 AM

some societies see suicide as a noble act.

should we be free to die?

!@#$%! 08.21.2007 12:07 PM

suicide... never

murder... ALWAYS