Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thurston Moore 2017 Tour Dates (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=114135)

krastian 05.23.2017 02:33 PM

Anybody going to the DC show?

Moshe 05.24.2017 06:35 AM

The Thurston Moore Group
July 21 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom

stu666 06.28.2017 06:26 AM

Mike Watt with Thurston Moore @ Cafe OTO - September 26th

https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/mik...day-residency/

stu666 06.29.2017 12:13 AM

Musics exhibition - Red Gallery, London. Opening night July 6th (free entry)
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/music...788081#tickets
Thurston Moore plus musicians tba - Red Gallery, London July 9th (free entry)
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/music...nelorg#tickets

_slavo_ 07.11.2017 02:29 AM

ha!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuugj1ygyq...Thur1?dl=0.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ezugb1vtm...Steve.JPG?dl=0

I ambushed them while they wanted to get some food and drinks backstage but they were both really nice and we had a small chat (not too long though as I was stressed as fuck to say anything that would make sense)

greenlight, you should be ashamed you didn't go to the festival.

My set kind of sucked though. I made some terrible mistakes while playing.

mil_pl 07.11.2017 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
ha!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuugj1ygyq...Thur1?dl=0.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ezugb1vtm...Steve.JPG?dl=0

I ambushed them while they wanted to get some food and drinks backstage but they were both really nice and we had a small chat (not too long though as I was stressed as fuck to say anything that would make sense)

greenlight, you should be ashamed you didn't go to the festival.

My set kind of sucked though. I made some terrible mistakes while playing.


Cool! I spoke to Thurston in Warsaw two years ago a lil bit, he was talkative and very friendly as I remember (but same thing as you, I was probably talking bullshit as I was stressed).

Anyway the gig at Pohoda was a killer. That ending with a start of heavy rain and Thurston coming down from stage to people, I have touched his guitar strings - I don't even know if there was any sound at that point.

greenlight 07.11.2017 07:51 AM

yeah, I know, my fault. seriously I organized myself very bad and did not make it in the end.

still...I have to see T.M. band playing R&R Consciousness live this year somewhere else. preferably in venue setting. I hope.

I am sorry to hear your set did not went according to your plan.
yeah I am pissed off now actually that I did not make it there.

uhmm, when we go for a pint? you have to tell me how was it.

edit
I was surprised to see mil_plīs pic from pohoda on his insta. I was like, o. k. he is there as well...lucky fucker :)
met with Thurston good few times as well.

_slavo_ 07.12.2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight

uhmm, when we go for a pint? you have to tell me how was it.



can we go for a pint tomorrow? (Thursday)?

Just call me or text me and we can arrange.

mil_pl 07.14.2017 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight

edit
I was surprised to see mil_plīs pic from pohoda on his insta. I was like, o. k. he is there as well...lucky fucker :)
met with Thurston good few times as well.


Hehe, cheers bud!

Let's meet all together on another Thurston gig near us.

syouth69 07.14.2017 05:40 PM

Thurston live @ Pitchfork Festival streaming now @ youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SllS_4ftZg

greenlight 07.17.2017 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
Hehe, cheers bud!

Let's meet all together on another Thurston gig near us.


deal!

scott v 07.18.2017 01:07 PM

Was at the gig in Toronto last night, nice venue good sound @ The Great Hall. Local opener Casper Skulls are a good band really liked their set, sorta like Speedy Ortiz and Gang of Four with Sonic Youth esque guitar tones. TM was great, solid set... got to appreciate James guitar playing live and interaction between Steve and Debbie was pretty ace.

Thurston has a few strange pedals in his setup that I never imagined him using in the past: a dedicated reverb (tc electronics HOF mini) and a chorus? (huh!? ... looked like tc electronics corona mini from my vantage point) and he's also brought the mxr phase 90 back on his board as of fairly recent.

Anyone know if Cusp is in a different tuning (other than CGDGCD)? Its the only song in the set, where Thurston switched away form his '59 sunburst jazzmaster to his sig model green jazzmaster, while James I believe stuck with the gold jazzmaster but may have retuned for that song.

greenlight 07.25.2017 01:26 PM

Thurston Moore — 'Turn On,' Live on Soundcheck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaU_cRd1xro

happy bday Thurston!

hipster_bebop_junkie 08.03.2017 12:03 AM

Thurston Moore will be playing in Mexico City on October 11th as part of the line-up for Festival Aurora (which also includes Tortoise, and Spiritualized).

stu666 08.16.2017 06:36 AM

Thurston Moore, John Edwards, Steve Beresford, John Butcher and Terry Day - IKLECTIK, London - November 30th

stu666 08.16.2017 06:41 AM

Rhys Chatham 40th Anniversary Of Guitar Trio:

Rhys Chatham - Guitar
Nik Colk Void - Guitar
Thurston Moore - Guitar
Ashley Paul - Guitar
James Sedwards - Guitar
David Toop - Guitar
Charles Hayward - Drums
Susan Stenger - Bass

The Jazz Cafe, London - September 27th

greenlight 08.16.2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Rhys Chatham 40th Anniversary Of Guitar Trio:

Rhys Chatham - Guitar
Nik Colk Void - Guitar
Thurston Moore - Guitar
Ashley Paul - Guitar
James Sedwards - Guitar
David Toop - Guitar
Charles Hayward - Drums
Susan Stenger - Bass

The Jazz Cafe, London - September 27th


wow.

The Soup Nazi 08.16.2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Rhys Chatham 40th Anniversary Of Guitar Trio:

Rhys Chatham - Guitar
Nik Colk Void - Guitar
Thurston Moore - Guitar
Ashley Paul - Guitar
James Sedwards - Guitar
David Toop - Guitar
Charles Hayward - Drums
Susan Stenger - Bass

The Jazz Cafe, London - September 27th


Color me impressed!

Moshe 10.25.2017 06:08 AM

2018 US DATES


https://www.subpop.com/artists/heron_oblivion/tours

Moshe 10.25.2017 10:22 AM

http://theoldchurch.org.uk/events/ou...e-and-friends/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth