Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Three cheers for the board! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10413)

sonicl 02.09.2007 04:35 PM

Three cheers for the board!

I think I was probably a teenager the last time that music excited me as much as it does now. My enthusiasm for music has been revived in a big way in the last year or so, and it's almost entirely down to the people posting on this board.

Please, all of you, give yourselves a pat on the back.

jon boy 02.09.2007 04:36 PM

it sucks. its getting worse. serious.

!@#$%! 02.09.2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl

just to remain as base as you've always known me, can i stroke my cock instead? the fact that i'm in a public place would only add to the fun.

porkmarras 02.09.2007 04:42 PM

The non-sonic music section is great thanks to a handful of people who post on there.The non-sonics is mostly depressing but i don't care so much.The Sonic Gossip section has been very decent of late.I'll never get tired to point out that sonicl's enthusiasm for both Sonic Youth and music in general makes this all thing a place for me to be on a Saturday night when i'm stuck at home because i have to get up early for a house move.Shut your negative mouths up,you prats.

Rob Instigator 02.09.2007 04:43 PM

SONIC YOUTH RULES ALL!!!!!

Long Live SONIC YOUTH!

sonicl 02.09.2007 04:43 PM

I know what you mean about the board getting worse, Jon Boy, but if you filter out the dross there is so much discussion of good music going on in here. I've sampled stuff I'd have never even thought to have tried as a result of things people have posted in here.

jon boy 02.09.2007 04:45 PM

i like the other sections of the board better than this bit recently. its just becoming stupid, more so.

finding nobody 02.09.2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I think I was probably a teenager the last time that music excited me as much as it does now. My enthusiasm for music has been revived in a big way in the last year or so, and it's almost entirely down to the people posting on this board.

True that. There's alot of things I would've never been exposed to if it weren't for this place

!@#$%! 02.09.2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i like the other sections of the board better than this bit recently. its just becoming stupid, more so.

i think this board (this one in particular, no tthe other sections) proves tacitus' contention that history is a long neverending downward slope.

but isn't this the point of it anyway? i am always shocked when people come here with earnest intentions, as if it weren't, after all, a cesspol.

which brings me to the point of porkie's comments about crypto, his pictures, etc--the point that people are missing about his posts is: why would anyone would want to soil their intimate life by exposing it in this filthy place?

it's a filthy place and there is no cure for it.

sonicl 02.09.2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

No, the non-sonics section serves a vital purpose on the board. We all have stupidity in us, and non-sonics is the place to vent that. It's better than going down the pub, getting pissed and starting a fight.

porkmarras 02.09.2007 04:51 PM

It's a fucking music board,for fuck's sake!!The music discussion is not always as good as other forums but the amount of music that passes through here is spellbinding.Jesus Fucking Christ!!!!

!@#$%! 02.09.2007 04:52 PM

sonicl 02.09.2007 04:54 PM

Is it just me, or does she look like she's trying to stop herself from vomitting? Or is that the point of the picture?

Back on topic, at this ver moment I'm listening to a single by Wooden Shjips, recommended by DJ Rick, and it's marvellous. They wouldn't have come anywhere near my orbit if it weren't for this board. Another victory for rock 'n' roll.

!@#$%! 02.09.2007 05:02 PM

she's suffering for our sins, or some other such shit. and yes, djrick is fucking amazing. he posts rarely though, and never on this cesspool-- bless him!

jon boy 02.09.2007 05:04 PM

i dont know its ok from time to time but just recently its gotten worse. i used to like it but its becoming less and less popular in my mind.

Пятхъдесят Шест 02.09.2007 05:04 PM

I think she's had one too many gin tonics and is on her way to passing out.

!@#$%! 02.09.2007 05:08 PM

i think she's more of a tequila drinker, but sure.

i agree that this hellhole has gotten qhite boring as of late. but what's the point of whingeing?

really, if we had more of a life, we wouldn't have to spend all this silly time online. the excuse i tell myself is that i work on the internet. it is, of course, absolute bullshit. what's yours? :D

porkmarras 02.09.2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

i dont know its ok from time to time but just recently its gotten worse. i used to like it but its becoming less and less popular in my mind.

It is funny how the personal discussion puts me off a lot about this place.The music exchange bit is just great and it is interesting,genuine and stimulating.Just two days ago i recieved 2 top of the range cds from Nefeli who lives in Greece while i'm here in England.I gave a bagful of cds to both pookie and sonicl and sonicl always sends me stuff and sent me my favourite record by my favourite band right now(Ashtray Navigations).Pookie sends vinyl to Laila,a lovely kid into music.Hip Priest just sent me an amazing and spot on link to a band that i had never heard of before.Glice reccomends me books and music that i adore.I could go on as there are so many other people who post great stuff but you get my drift.

king_buzzo 02.09.2007 05:15 PM

i know, its getting worse, less and less people post

Rob Instigator 02.09.2007 05:18 PM

i love sonic youth!!! i love people who love sonic youth, even a little!!!! sonic life.