Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth on ebay (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20812)

stu666 10.21.2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krischanski
ok. i will try. but how to rip a vhs? with vlc?

so was it you who outbid me? i always transfer my vhs > dvd then upload it but you can just plug yr video player into your pc and capture it that way. i'm not exactly sure how to do it that way though.

have you got a vhs > dvd recorder?

krischanski 10.21.2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
have you got a vhs > dvd recorder?

No. I only have an old vhs recorder, plugged with antenna cable (do you say so?) to my computer's tv card (do you say so?), just to watch old video tapes.

rappard 10.21.2010 02:48 AM

Quote:

Hehehehe - small world. Noticed you're in Germany, which is not too far from Holland. :D So if you would be willing to lend me the tape (I can pay for postage by PayPal or IBAN/SWIFT) so I can make a proper rip out of it, a lot of boardies would be really grateful and I would shower you with SY goodies.

stu666 11.02.2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

have you got the video yet? what's it like?

krischanski 11.02.2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

have you got the video yet?

Nö. I’m still waiting …

krischanski 11.02.2010 08:41 AM

But I got the Hits $ Corruption compilation LP with the cassette with the interview. (But not on eBay.)

stu666 11.16.2010 11:40 AM

bump

nicfit 11.25.2010 04:49 AM

hey who got the bang zoom zine/tape?

stu666 11.25.2010 09:38 AM

not me, i watch too many things and forget to bid sometimes....

stu666 11.26.2010 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
hey who got the bang zoom zine/tape?

there's another one up now but with no tape

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BANG-zine-1986-SONIC-YOUTH-Replacements-SUN-CITY-GIRLS-/130458456481?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5fee 11a1

nicfit 11.26.2010 03:07 AM

me broke
me want scans (do "we" have them somewhere already? kinda lost track of the "scans" thread...)

Chris Lawrence 11.26.2010 03:24 AM

i've definitely never seen scans nor heard the interview (?) from the bang zoom zine... still can't believe 'kat n hat' only saw 'official' release via this zine!

(on second thought, i MAY have heard the interview...anyone?)

stu666 12.13.2010 06:39 AM

Quote:

Nö. I’m still waiting …

did it ever turn up? what's it like?

krischanski 12.13.2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

did it ever turn up? what's it like?

It's lost in the post ..... any French or German postman here? You got it? How is it?

stu666 12.13.2010 06:42 AM

no way, sorry to hear that man...

skipvacuum 12.14.2010 07:41 AM

i wish i had the zine..here is the music from the tape if anyone needs it

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jyyvm0

stu666 12.14.2010 07:50 AM

thanks!

musicplatypus 12.14.2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

thanks!

Yeah! Thanks! There isn't a lot of SY I haven't heard . . .

The zine is still being sold (Item # 170577661154) and there *is* a scan. It says it is issue #14 -- SY discog says #7? Were there 2?

~m.

skipvacuum 12.14.2010 03:08 PM

What Chris posted a few back has been buggin' me most of the morning...luckily i oddly have the day off from work and after some appointments i got to diggin'...and i found the tape...and there is an audio interview...though they cut lee right off to start the live bit.i wonder if the full interview is in the actual paper zine...anyone ever finds out..please let us know...and by us i mean legion for i kinda hope we are many

here is the whole thing

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o0grcd

rappard 12.14.2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipvacuum
What Chris posted a few back has been buggin' me most of the morning...luckily i oddly have the day off from work and after some appointments i got to diggin'...and i found the tape...and there is an audio interview...though they cut lee right off to start the live bit.i wonder if the full interview is in the actual paper zine...anyone ever finds out..please let us know...and by us i mean legion for i kinda hope we are many

here is the whole thing

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o0grcd

Thanks Skip! Any chance of lossless (FLAC) copies?

skipvacuum 12.14.2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rappard
Thanks Skip! Any chance of lossless (FLAC) copies?

ha ...it's funny cuz i was gonna offer that..buti often get bogged down by things..so i just wanted to get it out there...but i made a promise to myself that if someone asked i would do it up

so hopefully this weekend..i mainly put it out there..cuz it was buggin me that Chris couldn't remember if there was an interview on the tape...and i wasn't sure....

so yeah man...martin you of all people know my kooky life so..
i hope to do it this weekend..if not then..'round x-mas...cuz i have some nice time off

Chris Lawrence 12.15.2010 01:52 AM

I knew there was an interview, just couldn't remember if I'd heard it. :) Now that you've been kind enough to share, I'll take a listen and see if it sounds familiar! Thank you as always!!

stu666 12.19.2010 05:59 AM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONIC-YOUTH-Tr...item3f05ddb19f

rappard 12.19.2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

The price is madness - and is it legit?

Saw a 2CD bootleg (digipack, very nice) in a shop near my work the other day - it combined the French 2006 session (Oui FM, if I recall correctly) and the 2008 Battery Park show*. It was 25 euros - as soon as it drops to 20 euros it's MINE (insert evil cackling laughter here).

*: I know, ****ing lazy bootleggers - couldn't even be bothered to download filler from Utkonos, but just used an official release.

greenlight 12.19.2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Saw a 2CD bootleg (digipack, very nice) in a shop near my work the other day - it combined the French 2006 session (Oui FM, if I recall correctly) and the 2008 Battery Park show*. It was 25 euros - as soon as it drops to 20 euros it's MINE (insert evil cackling laughter here).

*: I know, ****ing lazy bootleggers - couldn't even be bothered to download filler from Utkonos, but just used an official release.

bootlegers is right!

skinnypaul 12.23.2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

The same people are selling various Black Sessions CDs. To judge by the discussions on other forums they're almost certainly bootlegs and CDRs to boot. Be interesting to know if they're pre-FM sources though.

That digipack sounds kinda interesting - I can't always resist these either (as you know!). I wonder if they sourced Battery Park from the Japan CD.

I saw a weird vinyl 12" pirate in a shop in Antwerp last month - Master Dik on one side and (from memory) 4 Tunna Brix on the other. Label was Sonic Riot Records, cat no something like RIOT01. The 30 euros they wanted was more than it's novelty value really merited :-)

rappard 12.23.2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnypaul
The same people are selling various Black Sessions CDs. To judge by the discussions on other forums they're almost certainly bootlegs and CDRs to boot. Be interesting to know if they're pre-FM sources though.

That digipack sounds kinda interesting - I can't always resist these either (as you know!). I wonder if they sourced Battery Park from the Japan CD.

I saw a weird vinyl 12" pirate in a shop in Antwerp last month - Master Dik on one side and (from memory) 4 Tunna Brix on the other. Label was Sonic Riot Records, cat no something like RIOT01. The 30 euros they wanted was more than it's novelty value really merited :-)

I've heard the Mogwai one, and it has very annoying fades and gaps between tracks. Not sure if all the discs are like that, though....

Re the digipack: want me to pick it up? I think they used the CD - IIRC the Battery Park part was 10 tracks.

12" pirate: that's indeed madness. The max I would pay for 4 Tunna Brix is 10 USD. And how do you cram all(?) of Master-Dik on one 12" side?

krastian 02.06.2011 04:27 PM

This guy is selling proof copies of the poster for EJST&NS. I bought one and they are huge....pretty sweet. He said that he would ship worldwide too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sonic-Youth-poster-Experimental-Jet-Set-Trash-and-No-/250754755739?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6225 ec9b

stu666 02.15.2011 05:22 PM

cool cap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONIC-YOUTH-dirty-USA-promo-BASEBALL-CAP-rare-1992-hat-/310296032148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f15 b394

arnold113 02.20.2011 03:48 PM

a lot of 2 posters for sale at ebay at the moment:

item no. 180629122132

Sonic Youth- Sensational Fix, Bolzano Italy, 2 rare exhibition posters

This lot of two 2 very rare posters, which advertise the Sonic Youth Sensational Fix exhibition in the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Ary, Bolzano, Italy, 11. Oc. 2008 - 4. Jan. 2009 and the opening concert 11. Oct. 2008

Both posters are printed on heavy stock, glossy paper and are in mint condition, stored flat, never hung up.
They both measure: 34 cms x 49 cms (= 13,4 inches x 19,3 cms). Nice big size but not oversized, beautiful to frame (and you don`t have to spend a fortune on xl frames).

Poster no. 1 (head with exploding covers) is in my humble opinion THE most beautiful and colourful Sonic Youth poster I have ever seen, pure eye candy. Designed by Dutch artist Zeloot.

Poster no. 2 (red bull head) was designed by aka SAVX, aka Savage Pencil, who has designed some record covers for Sonic Youth in the past: Sonic Youth: Death Valley '69 (Blast First - 1985) 12" EP, Sonic Youth: Halloween (Blast First - 1985) 12" 45. He aslo worked for Black Flag, Rocket from the Crypt and many other bands. Have you ever seen this poster before? No?! Thought so: this one is RAAAAREEE!!!!!!!

This may be your only chance to get those two posters, so act quickly! Gone is gone!

alphi 02.20.2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnypaul

Are you sure ?

I've came across several people who owned those kind of CD from eBay. It's funny to see people who bought the same CD having different track listing. Some had missing tracks, others were into is the right order, and sometimes filled by tracks with other session. Of course this is not specified in the tracklisting, as the back tracklisting only reflects the information on France Inter's website.
I must also say that some of them are MP3 sourced, so I would not rely at all on the quality of those CD.

Sonic Al 02.21.2011 01:12 PM

Poster no. 1 (head with exploding covers)
I 've got one of these on Ebay it's at the framing shop now !!
I also bought the black Sessions French live cd it's excellent quality a nice item !!
BUT Today i 've just bought Satan Is Boring 12" well chuffed !!

stu666 02.21.2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Al
BUT Today i 've just bought Satan Is Boring 12" well chuffed !!

YOU! :D i saw that earlier and made an offer on it. i couldn't afford what they were asking though.

easyrazors 02.21.2011 01:47 PM

Damn, I've never even seen one in 25 years of collecting.

Pelle 02.21.2011 02:02 PM

Is this one worth having maybe?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sonic-Youth-Wall...item27b8d10b83

Sonic Al 02.21.2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyrazors
Damn, I've never even seen one in 25 years of collecting.

Yeah when i saw it my heart was in my mouth !! Amazing ! Been looking for years!! I started collecting SY after i bought 'Sister' on the day of release!!

easyrazors 02.22.2011 06:40 PM

Pissflaps, I just missed out on a couple of cheap Brazillian albums because I got distracted with five minutes to go :(

Chris Lawrence 02.23.2011 02:24 AM

i ONCE AGAIN FORGOT TO BID on vinyl 'nyc ghosts'... the only full-length i still need...

eternal 02.23.2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
i ONCE AGAIN FORGOT TO BID on vinyl 'nyc ghosts'... the only full-length i still need...

i figured you'd be the one to ask...but why is this one out of print? Just curious since all other LPs within 3 years of it are sold in the webstore.

Its also the only one i still need!

stu666 02.23.2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eternal
Its also the only one i still need!

i see new copies for sale on ebay all the time and at a reasonable price.