Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

Rob Instigator 09.27.2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
John Cale talks about why rock is dead and hip hop took over, and is apparently a fan of Chance, Earl and Vince Staples: http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2016...ard-interview/

Wow that's so dope. Wouldn't have guessed.

He is totally right. most every "rock" act nowadays is a nostalgia act whether they know it or not. The innovation in sound pleasure is taking place in the hip hop world.....

pepper_green 09.27.2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Pepper why are you trolling, buddy? You were just calling us all assholes to be avoided at all costs.

I wasn't trollin. maybe trollin myself. stop listening to the Nazi. he's all twisted up. I told you guys I dug the track.

louder 09.27.2016 05:29 PM

Danny Brown's album is out on Apple Music now..

And in addition to Cudi, we're getting new Solange and Bon Iver albums this weekend.

pepper_green 09.27.2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
John Cale talks about why rock is dead and hip hop took over, and is apparently a fan of Chance, Earl and Vince Staples: http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2016...ard-interview/

Wow that's so dope. Wouldn't have guessed.

well, im glad he likes those artists instead of the other junk people try to foist upon all the other disillusioned pop/rock, indie has-beens. feeding us placebo shit when our brains should know better.

me, im half heartedly buying into it all. while being cautions. I don't trust this new system that's being set up for bitter pungent lost oldsters. claiming yr just, mad and a hater.

"here: listen to this shit so-called hip hop you asshole. smile. it's all for fun. it'll make your life much better. stop being a bad 90's curmudgeon."

spouting the same old "hip hop is new, infused and prime modern" crap.

I like it just fine just stop ramming it and jacking it in my face.

pepper_green 09.27.2016 08:05 PM

^^oh shit! you just fucked up.

can I find another seat? I would like to move over there.>>>or<<< to distract myself from wrongful prosecution by the wolfs.

what the fuck was that all about PLips?

pepper_green 09.27.2016 08:10 PM

oh, it's going to hurt alright.

PLips, you should check out BasedGod lil B.

pepper_green 09.27.2016 08:17 PM

see, when it comes to the hip hop café. only me can be critical and Such with his west coast G funk love.

Rob is a new renaissance man newcomer ex-hater.

pepper_green 09.27.2016 08:33 PM

yr parody is ruthless but lame and, I must still ask for another seat on the other side of the gym. this time I have a hoodie.

I heard yr giving out free skittles.

pepper_green 09.27.2016 08:41 PM

gotcha PLips! I just totalled you.

you blur more lines than Beck and Blur.

pepper_green 09.27.2016 08:55 PM

hey, did you check out old skool lil B?

"she a faggot bitch, she still suck mi dick"." fucking two gurls while they screaming mi name".

pepper_green 09.27.2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLips
I never heard good rap or hip hop okay?

THe Love Below is what you need.

pepper_green 09.27.2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLips
. You pointed out what a loser I am.

you said that not me.

im done with you. it's been fun.

"time is lost, that's the lost, oh brother, you get shit on in the end."

louder 09.28.2016 03:05 AM

That "McDonald's" poem Kanye wrote was actually about Taylor Swift. Read it from that perspective and you'll find out it's pretty clever and funny.

louder 09.28.2016 03:08 AM

Miles was a big fan of hip hop, and even made a few straight hip hop records.. George Clinton collaborates with hip hop artists all the time.. why am I even wasting my time reading all this nonsense.

louder 09.28.2016 03:17 AM

Anyway, I'm so ready for some new disco-emo-pop-rap Cudi songs to vibe to.

New Danny album is pretty crazy. Feel like he surpassed OLD with this one.

louder 09.28.2016 07:48 AM

Are you black? If not why use the N word so much. That's ignorant.

louder 09.28.2016 08:13 AM

That word is still offensive when it's used by non black people. And that's a weird thing to think about or get pissed by but whatever..

Rob Instigator 09.28.2016 08:39 AM

all languages are temporary and constantly in flux
the genius of the modern English language is that it can absorb words and plhrases from any other language and still roll on, not like pathetic German or French that have whole government institutions overseeing the sacnctity of their "language."

No one knows what Latin or Hebrew is supposed to be pronounced like, yet they still try.....

all these Plips complaints about bastardizing the english language is the same shit that the beat poets got 67 years ago, that Keats and Joyce got nearly 100 years ago.

Keep up or get left behind....

Rob Instigator 09.28.2016 08:41 AM

"Bitches from out of town pulling up in that Cadillac / smoking so much weed cuz my grandma's got them cataracts"

PLips 09.28.2016 08:58 AM

Thanks Rob wow. You figured out what I was talking about. I'm not racist. I want to study language