Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   USA Pentagon chief Panetta opens combat to women (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=86881)

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 02:50 PM

To me, the most degrading aspect of that was when the police stuck it in a 7-11 Big Bite wrapper, as if it were made of pork lips and cow anus.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 02:53 PM

I think it was funny that she tossed his wang out the window of her car.

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 02:57 PM

Yeah the reenactments on TV were spectacular. You could almost hear the director yell "nooo, do it more casually! Use your wrist!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I think it was funny that she tossed his wang out the window of her car.

I must admit, that was indeed the only funny part of that whole story, that she tossed it out the window like a cigarette butt or a candy-bar wrapper ;)

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 03:16 PM

As a representative of Native America, I find that Italian man, posing in "red-face", highly disrespectful toward my culture.

Couldn't use a real "indian"? I mean, what, are we TOO BROWN for you?

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 03:17 PM

That guy kind of looks like Dio.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 03:20 PM

Cody was born as Espera Oscar de Corti in Kaplan, Louisiana, a second son of Antonio de Corti and his wife, Francesca Salpietra, immigrants from Sicily.(wiki)

His mom's last name was BLACK SALT. awesome name.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
As a representative of Native America, I find that Italian man, posing in "red-face", highly disrespectful toward my culture.

I mean, what, are we TOO BROWN for you?

You're trying to pull that card on me? Thankfully now I know you are just fucking with me ;)

Have you never seen that commercial where the people throw their trash out the window?

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 03:26 PM

Italians have always been treated by cracka-ass whitey as a "swarthy" people.

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 03:33 PM

I grew up with that commerical, proud that my people had finally been shown as the earth-loving custodians of this country, instead of the scalping savages that we'd previously been made out to be; only to find out later that this was just another trick by the white devils, a deceptive farce now further perpetrated by you as some sort of wicked joke.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I grew up with that commerical, proud that my people had finally been shown as the earth-loving custodians of this country, instead of the scalping savages that we'd previously been made out to be; only to find out later that this was just another trick by the white devils, a deceptive farce now further perpetrated by you as some sort of wicked joke.

So you had never seen that dude in all those Spaghetti westerns? That was what Cheech was singing about when he sang, "Mexican Americans don't like to the movies where the dude has to where contact lenses to make his blue eyes brown, cuz don't it make my brown eyes blue.."

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 03:50 PM

I don't watch that shit, and if I do, I fast-forward to the part where the wagons circle.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 03:58 PM

I love that song by cheech, and then chong, in his whiteness, does what white folks do and narrows down cheech's protest song into "Beaners....Beaners...are gonna kick you in the face!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I love that song by cheech, and then chong, in his whiteness, does what white folks do and narrows down cheech's protest song into "Beaners....Beaners...are gonna kick you in the face!"

Dude, you so thoroughly misunderstood Tommy Chong there that it is bordering on embarrassment on your part, and besides of which, the better chorus is "Beaners.. like to eat beans.." ;)

"Its funny cuz its true!"

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 04:14 PM

Beaners....
Beaners....
Beaners...
Beaners.. Are Gonna Kick you in the Face

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 04:15 PM

no misunderstanding there, just a joke.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 04:15 PM

Remember, Chong tells Cheech, "While you were singing that I was working on my own song."

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 04:32 PM

Chong autographed my Let's Make A New Dope Deal vinyl LP....I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it when I move. :(

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 04:35 PM

As a Native American, I am a proto-Mexican, and consequently highly-offended, yet again.