Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Graham Moore/Thurston Moore split LP out soon (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10476)

Moshe 02.13.2007 02:41 AM

Graham Moore/Thurston Moore split LP out soon

http://www.saucerlike.com/index.php

Graham Moore/Thurston Moore split LP out soon
February 13, 2007

"Graham Moore/Thurston Moore split LP Head honcho of the splendid Blossoming Noise label (and latest addition to To Live & Shave in LA) teams up with head honcho of the venerable Ecstatic Peace label (also of the band Sonic Youth) for an all out noise attack!"
Pro-pressed covers, 140 gram marbled color vinyl in an edition of 500 copies are available for preorder on the Nihilist Records website.

Moshe

racehorse 02.13.2007 02:58 AM

awesome, thanks

faggot mangler 02.13.2007 11:48 PM

Cool.

val-holla-ing 02.14.2007 01:43 AM

tell your friend to thank me for helping him or her out with rent.

sonicl 02.14.2007 04:24 AM

He was a him when he replied to my email.

RoadkillKid 02.14.2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faggot mangler
Funny - the master of this is in my backpack, I have to mail it out tomorrow for my friend...
By soon, you may mean, a month or so. Still... you should preorder it. My friend needs rent money and will ship it ASAP! Once it is pressed nd ready to go, anyway.

Done and Done. It's always a pleasure doing business with Blossoming Noise and their friends.

sonicl 03.21.2007 11:26 AM

Any news on this? Nihilist's website has disappeared.

val-holla-ing 03.21.2007 11:31 AM

is that so? if they took my money and ran, i'll be superduper pissed!

val-holla-ing 03.21.2007 11:32 AM

wait, the site is still up.

sonicl 03.21.2007 11:36 AM

Oh - I can't access it. I'll try at home later.

val-holla-ing 04.19.2007 12:44 AM

still no word about when this is coming out?

val-holla-ing 04.19.2007 01:01 AM

you know, you're right. i feel like a doodyhead.

SonicSam 04.19.2007 06:51 PM

Who's Graham moore? Thurstons brother?

scott v 04.19.2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSam
Who's Graham moore? Thurstons brother?

I think they may be unrelated.

RoadkillKid 04.22.2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
who knows.

im sure graham has been busy with the TLASILA tour...so it may be awhile.

unless his girlfriend (bobbie) runs blossoming noise while hes away, i wouldnt count on it being any time soon.

I've had this on pre-order for ages now from Nihilist records. When I emailed Andy Ortmann last week about dates, this was his reply:

Looks like the first week of May.
Just sent the art for the jackets in today.
Very exciting.
~Andy

So, shouldn't be too much longer to wait. I'll post a review once I receive my copy in the post.

val-holla-ing 04.23.2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadkillKid
I've had this on pre-order for ages now from Nihilist records. When I emailed Andy Ortmann last week about dates, this was his reply:

Very exciting.
~Andy

So, shouldn't be too much longer to wait. I'll post a review once I receive my copy in the post.

that's good news. i preordered my copy as soon as this thread was posted and hadn't heard anything of it since. thanks!

sonicl 04.23.2007 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadkillKid

Very exciting.
~Andy

Thank god for that. I was in the same boat as val-holla-ing, wondering if I was ever going to get what I paid for. I don't mind waiting for ages, just so long as I know that's what's going to happen.

Blossoming Noise 05.06.2007 08:17 PM

rumor milling

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
awesome awesome.

i sorta know graham...not well, but weve hung out on a couple of occassions...awesome dude....but i think he advertises upcoming releases (sometime anyways) loooooooonnnnnnggggg before he should.

and ive heard horror stories of it taking forever for people to recieve ordered product in the mail from blossoming noise...which....what alot of these folks fail to realize is that its a small lable...he pretty much runs it himself, shits gonna take time..heheh

Perhaps if you have ordered something from the label you would have some idea of delivery time. PRE-ORDERS start two weeks before a CD/LP ships and usually ya get a deal for ordering early. All orders are shipped weekly. Anytime there is an issue with the post office not delivering mail it is always tracked down or a replacement is sent. This LP is on NIHILIST RECORDS not Blossoming Noise. Andy Ortmann of Panicsville runs NIHILIST and does great work (I definitely recommend checking out his records). He is really going out of his way to make this special for everyone who orders it. The LP will ship soon from his HQ in Chicago not from Blossoming Noise. Thanks to everyone who ordered CAN'T WAIT!

Kindest Regards,
Graham Moore on tour with To Live and Shave in L.A. in L.A.

faggot mangler 05.07.2007 11:39 PM

I heard from him that the LPs themselves have been delivered, but he is waiting for the printed sleeves to arrive from the printers still.

val-holla-ing 05.28.2007 10:08 AM

i just checked the nihilist records website and it says that the LP will be shipping in the third week of may, but that's already passed. maybe it'll show in a couple days?