Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A Tribe Called Quest - Abstract Revelations (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=83595)

noisereductions 11.09.2012 07:37 PM

A Tribe Called Quest - Abstract Revelations

OMG! I can't believe it's real. This needs its own thread!!!!!

supposedly coming out December 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 1993 I heard Midnight Marauders and said "this is the best hip hop album ever made" and to this day I still agree with that. I am so excited!!!!!

noisereductions 11.09.2012 08:07 PM

louder where the fuck are you? THis is HUGE!!!

noisereductions 11.09.2012 08:10 PM

oh no. OH NO.... it looks like this is a bootleg. :(

E. Noisefield 11.10.2012 11:38 AM

It's a shame that this isn't really a thing, but it's kind of obvious .. that's the same picture that's on the cover of Hits, Rarities & remixes.

noisereductions 11.10.2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
It's a shame that this isn't really a thing, but it's kind of obvious .. that's the same picture that's on the cover of Hits, Rarities & remixes.

haha yeah, that part dawned on me AFTER I loaded into my iTunes library. :mad:

louder 11.14.2012 03:31 AM

oh my, it must've been amazing to hear MM when it just came out. probably the most perfect rap album i've heard.

Toilet & Bowels 11.14.2012 04:07 AM

you both prefer midnight marauders to the low end theory?

Toilet & Bowels 11.14.2012 04:07 AM

noisereductions 11.14.2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

absolutely. It's close, but yes.

For me it's because I heard MM first. I was what? Like 12 or 13 when it had come out and really I was just getting into music hard y'know? I had been really into like Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the Dr Dre and Snoop singles and was starting to explore music for real. And when I got MM it was just like "woah." It really cemented to me this idea of what an ALBUM sounded like y'know? And it's just such a crazy record. Sure, going back I realized that they had already built that with Low End, but I had fallen in love with MM first. So yeah to this day it remains my #1 hip hop album of all time. IT's def a personal thing rather than a quality thing. In fairness, I'd say both records are about tied for quality.

Severian 11.14.2012 07:17 PM

I don't think I can make a call on this one. These days, whenever I listen to tribe it's a playlist that spans their whole career, and I'll tell you what- Peoples' Instinctive Travels could just as easily be my favorite. I never hear people talking about that album, but it's a classic, and definitely ranks among the most fun hip hop albums ever.

I think extensive review would put Low End above MM though.

noisereductions 11.14.2012 09:47 PM

People's is fun for sure. But it's not on the same level. "Footprints" is fucking amazing though and as good as anything on Low End or MM.