Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   So now I get to see SY in Toronto AND Syracuse!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4652)

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 07.30.2006 04:10 AM

So now I get to see SY in Toronto AND Syracuse!!

Wow, I'm extremely hyped about this. So for awhile I thought I'd be able to go to the SY show in Syracuse, then they announced a show in Toronto, so I was going to go to that since it was less trouble. However, it just so happens my family is passing through Syracuse the night SY are at the NY State Fair! So now I'm going to both shows, and not only seeing SY twice, but seeing Flaming Lips, another of my favourite bands, and Ween, and great band I'm only just getting into.

So who else is going to these two shows?

Who's familiar with the NY State Fair venue? Since I bought my tickets so late, I didn't get the greatest seats, so do you think it would be possible to just kind of sneak up towards the front?

And also, anyone know what the order of bands playing is? I can imagine it's The Magic Numbers-Ween-Sonic Youth-Flaming Lips, although maybe Ween and SY are switched? Anyone know roughly how long each band will play for?

Thanks for answering my questions, I'm really excited for these two shows :D

scott v 07.30.2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
Wow, I'm extremely hyped about this. So for awhile I thought I'd be able to go to the SY show in Syracuse, then they announced a show in Toronto, so I was going to go to that since it was less trouble. However, it just so happens my family is passing through Syracuse the night SY are at the NY State Fair! So now I'm going to both shows, and not only seeing SY twice, but seeing Flaming Lips, another of my favourite bands, and Ween, and great band I'm only just getting into.

Who's familiar with the NY State Fair venue? Since I bought my tickets so late, I didn't get the greatest seats, so do you think it would be possible to just kind of sneak up towards the front?

And also, anyone know what the order of bands playing is? I can imagine it's The Magic Numbers-Ween-Sonic Youth-Flaming Lips, although maybe Ween and SY are switched? Anyone know roughly how long each band will play for?

Thanks for answering my questions, I'm really excited for these two shows :D

I'm going to both shows too.

Is the NYS fair seated? maybe i should look at my tix... but since it is outside (probably) i would think its standing room only...

no idea on the playing order... i may miss part of the opener, my girlfriend has a grad school class that friday afternoon that she can't miss so we are gonna have to hussle from buffalo to syracuse...

fluxequalsrad 07.30.2006 10:04 AM

The Go Team is opening in toronto :)

Pax Americana 07.30.2006 11:11 AM

I was supposed to see them in both Toronto and Cleveland (Kuyahoga Music Festival) but that kinda fell through. So now I'm just going to the Toronto show. Congrats on the two shows though!

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 07.30.2006 01:16 PM

Appearently the NYS show is in Mohecan Sun Grandstand or something, so there is seating AND standing area I think. I want to sneak into the GA area though... I'd bribe a guard if I have to lol.

Danny Himself 07.30.2006 04:34 PM

You lucky bastard. I get to see SY in nowhere AND nowhere!

kingcoffee 07.30.2006 05:15 PM

Damn, mushmanski, yr a lucky dude. Seeing SY twice in one tour? That's pretty cool. I was only able to do that with one band, Dinosaur Jr. And it was only possible because they played Boston twice in two days.

scott v 07.30.2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad

The GO! Team are well... not very good to me.

krastian 07.30.2006 06:04 PM

Yeah I'm not friends with them either.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 07.30.2006 10:04 PM

Personally, I can't stand TGT. Oh well.

Secret Boys 07.30.2006 10:06 PM

I'm seeing them in toronto and osheaga in montreal

drinking time

k-krack 07.30.2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad

do youmknow who else is opening? is anyone!? i'm not too keen on the G!T.... so i'm hopeful somenoe way cool is playing as well... or someone at all. anyways, see you's in toronto!

holy-reverb!! 07.30.2006 10:39 PM

im goin to the toronto show.

fluxequalsrad 07.30.2006 11:32 PM

Go Team is sweet.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 08.01.2006 09:16 AM

Anyone been to the venue this thing is at? Can anyone say if it's easy to sneak up to a better area? I have pretty shitty seats.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 08.01.2006 04:12 PM

Anybody else going to the State Fair show, as well, besides Scott?

Bunbury 08.02.2006 10:42 AM

im getting pretty excited for the show, im not a fan of the go team either, but who knows maybe they will surprise us and do a little duet of bull in the heather with sy. i can hope cant i?

hardwired 08.04.2006 09:46 PM

I just found out tonight about the show in Toronto and had to check the site to confirm, the calendar is not showing it. When the newsletters came out and there was no Toronto show I was a little disapointed, I have not missed them since they played lola in Barrie. Now I've got a bunch of SY buddies to call up for Tuesday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fluxequalsrad 08.05.2006 07:19 AM

Yeah it's going to be sick. Go Team are cool but I don't know how the live show is...

I hope its a good crowd....the SY toronto crowd was good last time...(2004)

3x1minus1 08.07.2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com

:D

mememe! and my sonic friend. both of us have been into sy for over 10 years but neither of us have seen them live yet. sonic summer, woot!