Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 07.02.2006 08:27 PM

f.y.e. needs to fucking die.

hollister and abercrombie need to too. my brother ran in abercrombie once and yelled "you suck!" and all of the lifeless store workers stood there stoically. even the models on the wall have that same lifeless face. there's this one guy i always see when i walk by the store and look in the window that wears his collar POPPED.

according to my mall's website, it's a "true shopping experience" because it has a mere 125 stores. i like the sanford mall and mall of millenia, especially the latter. they have the discovery channel store and stuff like chanel. it's fun to go in and look at the thousand-dollar wallets.

my mall:
http://www.volusiamall.net/shop/volu...Lower?readform

Gookid 07.02.2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnine
fuck that. let them have their cake, just don't give me any. i haven't been in one in like 5 yrs/

I wouldve guessed seven.

acousticrock87 07.02.2006 09:42 PM

I've never been inside a Hollister, and have no clue what it looks like in there. Like their shuttered windows and blocked doorway are gonna make me curious? When I think about what my life would be like if I was the kind of person that shopped there, I get really depressed and nauseous. Seriously.

when 07.02.2006 10:06 PM

i looked in fye today and they had 2 lou reed cd's. he comes out with more cd's than that in a week.

schizophrenicroom 07.02.2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I've never been inside a Hollister, and have no clue what it looks like in there. Like their shuttered windows and blocked doorway are gonna make me curious? When I think about what my life would be like if I was the kind of person that shopped there, I get really depressed and nauseous. Seriously.

Oh god, I know. It doesn't make the store look alluring, it just makes it look kind of dumb. The signs for each door that say "Dudes" and "Bettys" (ARGH ITS BETTIES, but I guess they don't know) are horrible.

The space shuttle goes up tomorrow. Heh.

when- Haha, I know. The Best Buy I go to is usually pretty good, but I hate when there'll be a band that has 74574457 albums out but they only stock 100 copies of one album. My Chemical Romance only have one or two, but somehow they have enough copies of it to take up six rows. That's about 250 of the same piece of crap.

John Violence 07.02.2006 11:58 PM

Last time I was in Best Buy there was a row of William Hung CD's right next to one lonely Zen Arcade CD.

Yesterday I was playing a show and went to Wendy's across the street from the place and the manager saw my Sonic Youth shirt and started talking to me about them and asking if I was gonna see them. It totally caught me off guard.

acousticrock87 07.03.2006 12:05 AM

When I bought a SY CD a few weeks ago, the guy at the checkout randomly asked me if I would consider them to be Grunge, and who I considered to be the founders of Grunge. What a completely random and professionally planned question. It was like he was waiting for someone to buy it. I said something like, "Uh...I guess Grunge was a term given to the group of bands that kind of stemmed from them, because they didn't have a genre." And as I walked out, of course I thought of a bunch of actual answers.

schizophrenicroom 07.03.2006 12:39 AM

John V- That's pretty sweet about the manager. Usually when I wear my SY shirts I'm stuck answering "what" Sonic Youth are.

acoustic- Haha. Sometimes I get asked that, but it's random IMs instead of checkout dudes. A friend once IM'd me asking about bands that I thought were punk, and who the first punk bands were. I said VU, the first band that came to mind, and she went "who?".

finding nobody 07.03.2006 01:19 AM

i once had a dude i.m. me on soulseek and asked me to reccomend him some punk bands. but i think he was from another country

John Violence 07.03.2006 01:22 AM

We have been passed as the highest post's on the board! We must proceed as the the thread that never dies! WE MUST STAND THE TEST OF TIME! WHY THE FUCK AM I POSTING THIS? DISHES! DISHES! DISHES!

HaydenAsche 07.03.2006 01:24 AM

lolololololololol

Still has less posts than me.

finding nobody 07.03.2006 01:26 AM

dude. i think this thread might've died without my wonderful bumping today

John Violence 07.03.2006 01:27 AM

Thank you dear swordsman!

finding nobody 07.03.2006 01:30 AM

it was my honor. i also had to triple post in order to perform that crazy ass bump.

anyone here seen any of the cky movies?

John Violence 07.03.2006 01:33 AM

I have every one. I'm acutually a huge fan of the band CKY. Their latest album is amazing.

finding nobody 07.03.2006 01:35 AM

i like them alot also. i.d.r. is my favorite cd.. i havent listened to the new album very much. i've got a cky poster and t-shirt

VIVA LA BAM FUCKING SUCKS. i will say that much. bam isn't that big of a jerk in real life. i read an interview with ape and phil

swimsuitissue 07.03.2006 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Murray Street is the perfect LP, the greatest ever.

Yes, perfection from start to finish!

John Violence 07.03.2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
i like them alot also. i.d.r. is my favorite cd.. i havent listened to the new album very much. i've got a cky poster and t-shirt

VIVA LA BAM FUCKING SUCKS. i will say that much. bam isn't that big of a jerk in real life. i read an interview with ape and phil

IDR is really good but i'm kinda tired of it right now. I seriously listened to it everyday for like a year straight. Do you have CKY4? I was at the show where CKY covers bite it you scum. That was the same show that Deron got nailed in the head with a bottle.

finding nobody 07.03.2006 01:43 AM

yeah, i have that dvd. that's badass!
i have a brandon dicamillo cd. he's the fucking man

John Violence 07.03.2006 01:49 AM

Brandon is half the reason why all of the CKY videos are so funny. I hate Bam's show also. His skating is shit too. I saw a recent video part of him skating and it was super weak. He shouldn't even be pro.

Here is a funny clip I found from one of their shows.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X6rVgbf4p...20chad%20dance