Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Spiders (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40581)

nicfit 07.22.2010 04:50 AM

Spiders

hing = thing (in the poll)

_slavo_ 07.22.2010 04:55 AM

multiple choice (kill them! + in my country they're not a problem).

Serious arachnophobe speaking here.

This is the biggest species of spider to be found in my country.

Luckily enough, I've never met this fella.

terriblecanyons 07.22.2010 04:59 AM

spiders don't really bother me anymore unless they're bigger than my shoe. then I break out the docs.

pokkeherrie 07.22.2010 05:04 AM

re: small=venomous, I once played with a redback in my hands without having any idea what it was I was dealing with. luckily I wore gloves though.

ploesj 07.22.2010 05:36 AM

i'm not too fond of them. don't care about the small ones, unless they're on me (walking into the bathroom, feeling something tickling my shoulder, wiping a spider onto the floor...)

when i see a large one my heart does skip a beat or two.

i once found a big one in my scarf when i wanted to put it back on in a dressing room... don't want to know if it had been in there before i took the scarf of in the first place.

SYRFox 07.22.2010 05:39 AM

I used to have no fears of spiders when I was a kid, but ever since I was 14/15 it depends on times and occasions.
I'm pretty sure I saw one of these fuckers when I was living in southern France:

ploesj 07.22.2010 05:41 AM

now i'm creeped out.

we used to release one of our cats on big hallway spiders and close the door. there would be some running around and then he'd come back in, looking proud with a few legs sticking out of his mouth.

my boyfriend dislikes spiders quite a lot. not a real phobia but he doesn't want to get anywhere near them.

EVOLghost 07.22.2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
re: small=venomous, I once played with a redback in my hands without having any idea what it was I was dealing with. luckily I wore gloves though.

damn dood. I don't know why the fuck you'd have one of those on yer hands. I'm not scared of spiders really...but somethin' liek that I would not want too close to me...

shabbray2.0 07.22.2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
multiple choice (kill them! + in my country they're not a problem).

Serious arachnophobe speaking here.

This is the biggest species of spider to be found in my country.

Luckily enough, I've never met this fella.

what??? you arent THAT far away...

_slavo_ 07.22.2010 07:55 AM

hey, he's not that big after all... plus, it's very rare and it lives in southern part of the country only.

SYRFox 07.22.2010 08:03 AM

And he looks quite sympathetic :)

_slavo_ 07.22.2010 08:05 AM

being that dude who's palm is on the picture, I'd already had a symphatetic triple heart attack.

noisereductions 07.22.2010 08:05 AM

I'm not really bothered by spiders so much. But centipedes horrify me. Seriously. I freeze up if I see one. Like literally I have trouble moving. It's crazy.

shabbray2.0 07.22.2010 08:14 AM

centipedes are the worst! even a thousand times more horrible then millipedes. URGH!!!

Nightmare!!!

noisereductions 07.22.2010 08:17 AM

millipedes don't bother me, because they're slow. Ever see a centipede move? They're waaaaay too fast.

SuperCreep 07.22.2010 08:31 AM

centipedes freak me out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CL2hetqpfg

*shudders*

spiders are alright. i usually just let them out the window if i see one or just leave it alone. i almost never see them, though.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.22.2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
millipedes don't bother me, because they're slow. Ever see a centipede move? They're waaaaay too fast.

^ omfg yes

shabbray2.0 07.22.2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

exactly. they are like 10 attached spiders plus evil powers! and they look like they got bones

nicfit 07.22.2010 09:03 AM

dunno, I usually don't care much for spiders coz they're usually not aggressive with humans, but hell, yesterday I read an article on a type of spider not too uncommon over her, and if it bites you and you're unlucky/have weak defences you can develop an ugly necrotic wound coz some bacteria do nasty stuff to your flesh etc etc and it takes months to heal if not treated properly (lot of time even when treated properly, actually).
AND, since cases of such gravity are actually rare, very few places know how to properly deal with that stuff (hyperbaric chambers, correct "substance" to sterilyze the wound etc), and that creeped me out even more, and the fact that theese fuckers like to hide in sheets and clothes layin' on the floor etc creeped me out even more than more.
Like, I'm tired, go to bed, this thing is under the sheets, I touch it, it feels trapped and bytes me, I say goodbye to half of my calf in the following couple months.
argh.
Bottom line: the more you read, the more you get scared of life.
here's the fucker and his six eyes:

SYRFox 07.22.2010 09:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf8pA...eature=related