Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY while triping.... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1203)

PunkerViolence 04.23.2006 02:07 PM

SY while triping....

Has anyone had this experience? I think some gd songs for this occasion would be :

The burning spear - the drums and that 'bbwwaaaaaaaaahhhh-ooowoowwwooooooo' sound in the intro, is just nuts.
Satan is boring - for obvious reasons
I love her all the time - iggy lo-fi intro is raaad
The world looks red
Nature scene
(shes in a) bad mood
Shadow of a doubt
Death to our friends
Schitzophrenia
In the kingdom #19
Catholic block
white cross
tufff gnarl
Master dik - this would b climax
Total trash
Eric trip
Disapearer
Titanium exposE
Mary christ
Sweet shine
100% - i can imagine dancin 2 this, in circles
Purr
orange rolls
Washin machine
Saucer-like
Therissas sound world
Snare, Girl
Panty lies

...these are just a few

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.23.2006 02:08 PM

Honestly I never like tripping. It hurts.

'noodles...I tripped.'

PunkerViolence 04.23.2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
Honestly I never like tripping. It hurts.

'noodles...I tripped.'

You wouldnt, your a copper....

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.23.2006 02:20 PM

haha, yeah.

Daycare Nation 04.23.2006 03:01 PM

I thought this was about trines? Not a tree. Hanna. Tripes. I'm not trying

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.23.2006 03:02 PM

I have no idea what you mean...

Daycare Nation 04.23.2006 03:04 PM

It's because I triped.

CHOUT 04.23.2006 03:08 PM

I tripped once when I was 16 and hung around in a park with my girlfriend speaking in tongues. Then I walked a mile in the dark home thinking I was some sort of Terminatoresque Cyborg. It was a saturday, so I got home and Sinead O' Connor was singing directly to me about how I had forsaken her on Saturday Night Live. I then went to bed and listened to Sister and Bad Moon Rising. It was obviously trippy, and the thing I remember most was when Hotwire My Heart was on, it sounded like SY were playing the song on a carousel, with the music speeding up and slowing down and the volume dropping and raising.

Daycare Nation 04.23.2006 03:09 PM

far out man

Daycare Nation 04.23.2006 03:10 PM

I didn't really tripe. I don't know how to tripe.

Daycare Nation 04.23.2006 03:11 PM

I like the blue here. It's soothing, like the aura of aspiring souls.

Daycare Nation 04.23.2006 03:30 PM

I'm using a tablet pc where it converts your handwriting - that message about "trines" above is what it thought I wrote.

PunkerViolence 04.23.2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
It was a saturday, so I got home and Sinead O' Connor was singing directly to me about how I had forsaken her on Saturday Night Live. I then went to bed and listened to Sister and Bad Moon Rising. It was obviously trippy, and the thing I remember most was when Hotwire My Heart was on, it sounded like SY were playing the song on a carousel, with the music speeding up and slowing down and the volume dropping and raising.

Wow, was the sinead o' connor tune called....um ...Nothing Compares. The one where it shows a close up of her face thru-out the whole vid, and she starts balling..? That mustve been strangely emotional.

CHOUT 04.23.2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperstation
Wow, was the sinead o' connor tune called....um ...Nothing Compares. The one where it shows a close up of her face thru-out the whole vid, and she starts balling..? That mustve been strangely emotional.

It was actually her performing on saturday night live, but not far off from that video, since it was zoomed in on her face. It was trippy, as you could guess.

selkcip 04.23.2006 03:57 PM

i heard 'nann nigga' by trick daddy while on lake powell in southern utah. it was fucked up

PunkerViolence 04.23.2006 03:57 PM

One of my most wanted dreams, is to have sex on bean bags, with sonic youth blastin from the hubs, while trippin mad on mushys...

terminal pharmacy 04.23.2006 06:10 PM

tripping was when i discovered sy, i was running around a forest with a ghetto blaster on my local public radio, that didnt have night djs at this time and they had put a cart with confusion and bad moon all which ran all night for the duration of my peak

CHOUT 04.23.2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
tripping was when i discovered sy, i was running around a forest with a ghetto blaster on my local public radio, that didnt have night djs at this time and they had put a cart with confusion and bad moon all which ran all night for the duration of my peak

What an introduction to Sonic Youth!

Inhuman 04.23.2006 06:36 PM

I only tripped on DDN, I'd like to try it with The Whitey Album

nature scene 04.23.2006 07:32 PM

murray st. is good for it