Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Religion thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=115926)

!@#$%! 01.18.2018 12:12 PM

lol @ evo president for life

caudillismo lives on.

ilduclo 01.18.2018 02:25 PM

might be a little more complicated than your simplicity suggests

!@#$%! 01.18.2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
might be a little more complicated than your simplicity suggests

pffttttttt

he wants to run for a fourth term after he was told no by referendum

no amount of overcomplicated sophistry can hide that essential fact

latin america has an extensive history of presidents-for-life — from dr. francia to fidel and now the chavez-maduro 2-backed beast (plus 70+ years of pri dedazo now rising again)

for a poetic hallucination of this long-established tradition check out ggm’s the autumn of the patriarch

ilduclo 01.18.2018 03:29 PM

history man! and backs it up with A NOVEL!

!@#$%! 01.18.2018 03:33 PM

seriously evo should not run for a fourth term

i appreciate such liberal pursuits as his disengagement from imf/world bank and the us war on drugs, and his laissez-faire approach to the informal economy, but this messianic approach to politics always backfires and just fucking no.

bolivia needs a government of laws and institutions, not charismatic leaders.

krishnadas 07.08.2018 03:00 PM

well, i belive in positive vibes! i mean why does any one visit church,temple
because they belive in getting a good vibe going there. so what if you do good and feel good ,that might help you feel positive and also a feel that god might be inside you and we dont need to search him anywhere Tutuapp 9Apps Latest Version showbox

ilduclo 07.09.2018 08:43 AM

Regarding SCOTUS announcement upcoming....at what point would a sincerely held religious belief preclude service as a judge? I've thought of this a number of times regarding freedom of religion. There are some real gen-yoo-wine religions that have some pretty odd tenets. I am sure there are many ISIL members that are as sincere in their religious beliefs as Ms Coney-Barrett...and a whole bunch of Asatrus you can find (by tattoo) in just about any prison. Want a few of these cats on the court?

Bytor Peltor 07.10.2018 06:26 AM

Many people associate religion with morals = The Ten Commandments

Having Judges who are impartial and of sound moral character is imperative!

Checking your political parties wants/needs/bias at the Supreme Court door is a must!!

I believe America is better off because Hillary Clinton isn’t nominating her second Supreme Court Justice today.

Severian 07.10.2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
Regarding SCOTUS announcement upcoming....at what point would a sincerely held religious belief preclude service as a judge? I've thought of this a number of times regarding freedom of religion. There are some real gen-yoo-wine religions that have some pretty odd tenets. I am sure there are many ISIL members that are as sincere in their religious beliefs as Ms Coney-Barrett...and a whole bunch of Asatrus you can find (by tattoo) in just about any prison. Want a few of these cats on the court?

There is no point at which religious beliefs should preclude or determine decisions as a judge. No point.

If I had my way, I’d only vote for declared agnostics, as that’s the only sane option. All elected officials and appointed officials should be able to separate their beliefs from their job. If they can’t, they’re unqualified. In my opinion.

Yeah, I k is this means like 98% of the nation’s politicians would be “unqualified,” but so be it. Also, duh.

!@#$%! 11.15.2019 10:42 AM

waiting for spam insertion in 3, 2, 1....

Rob Instigator 11.15.2019 11:52 AM

Organized Religion is how the truly powerful and wealthy control the rest of us, like parents controlling their children with tales of Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, or the Three Kings (for Latinos). In no way do the truly powerful and wealthy actually believe or practice what they ask of us to believe and practice, same as parents who ask kids to be good for Santa but could give a fuck about being good themselves, cuz they know they made up the idea of Santa.

the TEACHINGS of enlightened humans (The Buddha, Emmanuel who is called Jesus the Christ, Confucius, Mohammed, Abraham, Moses, etc.) are all that truly matter, for they show us how to live in love and how to live in peace with the amazing world we are all part of.

Priests/pastors/rabbis/Imam's etc. can all go fuck themselves. They are the slave-owners and plantation masters of our collective spirituality, and they use it for their own ends.

Rob Instigator 11.15.2019 11:57 AM

BTW, if you actually read what Emmanuel who is called Jesus the Christ said, he spoke very clearly about how a truly good human needs to disavow all familial ties (for family can force you to be evil to protect the "family"), all organized religious ties (for religion seeks to force you to think as they decide, with no room for personal connection to the divine without some pedophile intermediary), and all ties to nationality (Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars. Nations are all false ideas, which keep us separate and make us think we are better than the humans on the other side of the river.)

They killed Emmanuel who is called Jesus the Christ because of this. He drew forth followers from all races, all "religions", all nationalities. The Hebrew priests/rabbis derided Jesus because he preached to GREEKS! GREEKS!! Oh my!

religion is a fucking load of shit.

Rob Instigator 11.15.2019 12:37 PM

of course this is just one man's opinion

Bytor Peltor 11.15.2019 07:18 PM

Jailhouse Rap Houston: Kanye and his choir performed inside the Harris County jail

ilduclo 11.16.2019 08:40 AM

Monotheism in all forms is a cancer

Bytor Peltor 11.16.2019 04:12 PM

”This Is My Eternal Soul”

d.sound 11.23.2019 02:05 PM

I have been having a number of personal revelations. I think my interest in Judaism is actually a calling. Shabbat this morning hit me wave after wave. I get the wilderness now. I was led into the wilderness by god so he could starve and dehydrate me. I needed to starve. I found the tent.

ilduclo 11.23.2019 05:09 PM

if that wasn't so sad, it would be funny

The Soup Nazi 11.25.2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.sound
Shabbat this morning hit me wave after wave.

Generals gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses.

d.sound 11.27.2019 03:37 AM

Also I have a few manifestos in me about the myriad of hypocritical blasphemies committed in the process of rationalizing christianity using judaism as a basis for advocating it's distinct doctrine. The best intentioned christians cant navigate the cognitive dissonance of anti semitism being it's foundation and core while pretending to be approving of it by ggggwwco-opting and manipulating its message.

Holy christ. As i was typing this i man was privately in a conversation saying incredibly incredibly scary anti semitic shit

I felt compelled to bolt

Not fun