Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Primavera Sound Festival Barcelona (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29746)

_slavo_ 03.10.2009 05:09 AM

Primavera Sound Festival Barcelona

Now that's what I call a good line-up...too bad Barcelona is so far away.

Primavera Sound 2009 Line Up

A Certain Ratio | A-Trak | Alela Diane | Andrew Bird | Angelo Spencer | Aphex Twin | Ariel Pink | Art Brut | Bat For Lashes | Black Lips | Bloc Party | Bowerbirds | Carsick Cars | Chad VanGaalen | Crystal Antlers | Crystal Stilts | Cuzo | Damien Jurado | Dan Deacon Ensemble | Dead Meadow | Deerhunter | DJ /rupture | Dj Mehdi | Dj Yoda | Ebony Bones | El-P | Extra Life | Extraperlo | Fucked Up | Gang Gang Dance | Ghostface Killah | Girls | Herman Dune | Jarvis Cocker | Jason Lytle | Jay Reatard | Jeremy Jay | Jesu | Joe Crepúsculo y Los Destructores | Joe Henry | John Maus | Karl Blau | Kimya Dawson | Kitty, Daisy and Lewis | La Bien Querida | Lemonade | Liars | Lightning Bolt | Los Punsetes | Magik Markers | Magnolia Electric Co. | Mahjongg | Marnie Stern | Meneo | Michael Mayer | Michael Nyman | My Bloody Valentine | Neil Young | Oneida | Phoenix | Plants & Animals | Ponytail | Rhythm & Sound (Mark Ernestus) | Rosvita | Saint Etienne | Shearwater | Shellac | Simian Mobile Disco | Skatebĺrd | Sleepy Sun | Sonic Youth | Spectrum | Spiritualized | Squarepusher | Sunn O))) | The Bad Plus | The Bug | The Drones | The Extraordinaires | The Jayhawks | The Jesus Lizard | The Lions Constellation | The Mae Shi | The New Year | The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart | The Secret Society | The Soft Pack | The Tallest Man On Earth | The Vaselines | Throwing Muses | Tim Burgess (The Charlatans) | Uffie | Veracruz | Vivian Girls | Wavves | Women | Wooden Shjips | Yo La Tengo | Zombie Zombie | ...

purplebumblebee 03.10.2009 06:50 AM

Am going to this festival this year, fed up of Irish wet rainy muddy festivals, getting too old for that sort of thing

pokkeherrie 03.10.2009 07:06 AM

isn't primavera a big outdoor festival too? with some tents here and there... but the weather's bound to be better than in ireland i suppose.

radarmaker 03.10.2009 07:12 AM

Nah, it's more like ATP where you stay in apartments. I'm so fucking there this year.

_slavo_ 03.10.2009 07:18 AM

I'm so fucking there this year too but please someone buy the airline ticket for me.

pokkeherrie 03.10.2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radarmaker
Nah, it's more like ATP where you stay in apartments. I'm so fucking there this year.

that's cool. is accomodation included in the ticket price or do you have to book your own?

they do have an open air stage, right? i'm pretty sure i remember seeing that on youtube/etc...
i have to say the line-up is pretty good.

radarmaker 03.10.2009 01:30 PM

Haven't been before so I'm not too sure of the details (should probably check their website), but a bunch of friends went last year.
Accommodation isn't included with the ticket but can be had pretty reasonably (or so I'm told). I was quoted somewhere around £250ish inc flights & accom, but it'll probs end up more since Sterling's gone to shit :/ But fuck it, I'm happy to stump up for a line-up like that with (almost) guaranteed good weather and a few days in Barca...

andrei 03.10.2009 03:09 PM

great line-up.

The Lung 03.10.2009 07:27 PM

The line up has gotten loads better since the last time i checked but it's in the middle of exam period for me.

I went 2? years ago when SY played Daydream Nation and it's an amazing festival. You can see the sea behind some of the stages and you should be able to count on good weather. It was all outdoor then and you had to arrange you're own accommodation. Barcelona is a really cool city too; definitely wish I was going back!

Iain 03.11.2009 08:06 AM

It's neither like ATP or a fest in a muddy field really. It's a bunch of stages on a big concrete area that sort of sticks out into the sea plus one stage indoors in a really nice seated auditorium. You have to sort out your own accomodation but it's in Barcelona...a bit out of the centre but close. I went last year, it was great.

nicfit 03.11.2009 08:08 AM

I'm afraid of big festivals.

Moshe 03.11.2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
I'm afraid of big festivals.

me too but this one is tempting.

nicfit 03.11.2009 08:25 AM

IT sure is...is there any way to "calculate" beforehand if some of the most interesting performances will "overlap" on different stages at the same time?

The Lung 03.11.2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
IT sure is...is there any way to "calculate" beforehand if some of the most interesting performances will "overlap" on different stages at the same time?

That was the main problem when I went. I had to miss comets on fire because they clashed with the melvins playing Houdini and there were countless other clashes. I think the timetable was drawn up about 3 weeks prior to the festival. It's the price you have to pay for so many good bands.

floatingslowly 03.11.2009 01:27 PM

Parc del Forum is the most beautiful venue on yr planet.

Savage Clone 03.11.2009 01:41 PM

Will there be a cage match between Spectrum and Spiritualized?

floatingslowly 03.11.2009 01:49 PM

^^^ I'd pay to watch that.

then again, it's likely to only last for a minute before they both decide that it might be better to just sit down.

stu666 03.12.2009 12:02 PM

i really want to go to this.

Moshe 03.12.2009 12:45 PM

zu confirmed!

EvdWee 03.12.2009 09:02 PM

and dälek

this line-up wants me to go... still, it's a lot of money