Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.02.2015 03:49 PM

The problem in casting all blame on FIFA is that its international futbol, and international business and politics are already very corrupt. While its not an excuse its a valid explanation

h8kurdt 06.02.2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im more curious about who'll be filling in for him @ napoli

o wait! he's taking a break after all

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32963594

he can now go live in brooklyn and call pep's weed dealer, come up with a new take on the 4-2-4

but yeah, i feel bale might have been wasted this past year-- if you'd care to explain how, it would be great

From my limited knowledge and limited sources I've read the main point has been that Ancelotti didn't utilise Bales' best attribute-his speed. He was making Bale pretty much sit so deep that whilst he's fast, he's not that fast, and he's still only got a limited amount of stamina (as everyone). He should be sitting further up, getting them great passes and being able to out run any fucker chasing with him. Then from there either setting up goals for Benzema and co. or being able to score them himself.

He's a good player, but like any player, he needs his positives bringing to the fore. And that's something Real fans forget to often.

!@#$%! 06.02.2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
From my limited knowledge and limited sources I've read the main point has been that Ancelotti didn't utilise Bales' best attribute-his speed. He was making Bale pretty much sit so deep that whilst he's fast, he's not that fast, and he's still only got a limited amount of stamina (as everyone). He should be sitting further up, getting them great passes and being able to out run any fucker chasing with him. Then from there either setting up goals for Benzema and co. or being able to score them himself.

He's a good player, but like any player, he needs his positives bringing to the fore. And that's something Real fans forget to often.

ah, i see!

i used to think of him as an unholy menace--practically unstoppable

this past CL-- i didn't think of him much at all

that explains it-- thanks

demonrail666 06.02.2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im more curious about who'll be filling in for him @ napoli

Napoli are in a bidding war with West Ham for Sevilla's Unai Emery

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...this-week.html

Still think we're getting Bilic, though

demonrail666 06.02.2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Yeah. He's been far too deep but I suspect a lot of Real's formations are ultimately dictated by what Ronaldo wants. I have loads of respect for Ancelotti but sometimes wonder if he's strong enough personally to make unpopular decisions. It'll be interesting to see how Rafa deals with the situation.

demonrail666 06.04.2015 10:08 AM

Chiellini ruled out of CL final.

So that's one penalty Barcelona can't rely on.

!@#$%! 06.04.2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Chiellini ruled out of CL final.

So that's one penalty Barcelona can't rely on.

haaaa haaaaa haaaaaaa

haaaaa haaaaa

applause

h8kurdt 06.06.2015 04:48 AM

One for Demo this one...

England strikers quiz

IT'S TONIGHT!!!!! Aww man, I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a let down. Predictions?

demonrail666 06.06.2015 05:26 AM

Quote:

One for Demo this one...

England strikers quiz

'A decent if unspectacular performance - if you were an England striker you'd be Emile Heskey.
You scored 6 out of 10'

That was ridiculously tough. I had to guess most of em and was lucky to be Heskey!!!

Quote:

IT'S TONIGHT!!!!! Aww man, I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a let down. Predictions?

Barcelona will need to score early to force Juve out, otherwise it could be a bit of a bus parking affair.

Score prediction:

Barca 3:1 Juve

h8kurdt 06.06.2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
'A decent if unspectacular performance - if you were an England striker you'd be Emile Heskey.
You scored 6 out of 10'

That was ridiculously tough. I had to guess most of em and was lucky to be Heskey!!!

Barcelona will need to score early to force Juve out, otherwise it could be a bit of a bus parking affair.

Score prediction:

Barca 3:1 Juve

Tell me about it. I got a depressing 5. My ability at remembering stuff past two seasons ago is just shocking. A friend of mine got 9, his knowledge is just scary though.

Aye I'm a bit worried it could be a dull game. As I've said before the semis always seem to be the more exciting of the games.

Anyone else watching it?

demonrail666 06.06.2015 08:16 AM

Journalist: "What's your reaction to Chiellini being ruled out?"

Suarez: "I've brought a mars bar"

Boom-tish

!@#$%! 06.06.2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Anyone else watching it?

hell yes

i hate making predictions though

obviously the strategic battle is barcelona trying to overwhelm and juve going for counters and the clinical finish, plus pirlo set pieces

but eh guess who also has great set pieces

it's going to be bananas

of course it's going to be a bus parking affair but what if juve takes the lead early?

i love a good tactical battle and independent of scores this should be a good one

the odds and the tide favor barcelona though no doubt

pirlo leaves for petrodollars after today, chiellini injured, buffon is 37... barca in full apogee

!@#$%! 06.06.2015 09:49 AM

ps zonal marking has been posting nothing in advance but up in the corner of his website i found hose 2 links where he did write previews both for espn and a betting racket

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/uefa-champio...s-carlos-tevez

https://betting.betfair.com/football...040615-60.html

demonrail666 06.06.2015 12:04 PM

Great links

Here's another:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...as-front-three

demonrail666 06.06.2015 12:42 PM

Starting Lineups in

Juve: Buffon, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Evra, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Morata.

Barca: er-Stegen; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitić, Iniesta, Neymar, Suárez, Messi.

!@#$%! 06.06.2015 01:01 PM

i wish i had some drums so i could be playing them right now like some pre-battle march or something

stadium looks INSANE! love the sight of the esteladas

having said that (why this is, i don't know, it's just an irrational thing)...

FORZA JUVE!

demonrail666 06.06.2015 01:23 PM

Dunno why but would suddenly love Juve to do it ...

But then I think Suarez, Mascherano, Iniesta, and suddenly I want Barcelons ...

Oh I dunno.

!@#$%! 06.06.2015 01:53 PM

jezus krist that was a quick start

demonrail666 06.06.2015 02:03 PM

Buffon's keeping Juve in this. Neymar's having a blinder. Vidal's going all out to get sent off.

Great game

!@#$%! 06.06.2015 02:11 PM

vidal needs to be subbed out

juve looks still rattled making terrible passes in the midfield (except for pirlo)

buffon hero