Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thurston Moore - Benediction (Matador, 2011) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=43270)

greedrex 12.03.2010 08:28 AM

^^and these two are really excellent.
Can't wait.

mil_pl 12.03.2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
^^and these two are really excellent.
Can't wait.

Yeah, plus Beck has his input also, and who knows maybe even Mike D. as they slept at his place.

hirsute_biped 12.03.2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
Yeah, plus Beck has his input also, and who knows maybe even Mike D. as they slept at his place.

This album consists of low-fidelity recordings Thurston made of Beck and Mike D. snoring while they slept over at the Ecstatic Peace Motor Lodge, as well as the pranks Thurston played on them while they slept. CD bonus features include links to an exlusive page on sonicyouth.com where footage of pranks and reaction shots will be available for a limited time.

greenlight 12.05.2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Song orientated, two songs were played You've lost yr lover & Circulation at SXSW or ATP.

yeah, remeber that alright!

greenlight 12.05.2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
This album consists of low-fidelity recordings Thurston made of Beck and Mike D. snoring while they slept over at the Ecstatic Peace Motor Lodge, as well as the pranks Thurston played on them while they slept. CD bonus features include links to an exlusive page on sonicyouth.com where footage of pranks and reaction shots will be available for a limited time.

well, we§ll have to capture and archive it before it will be gone. nice one1

mil_pl 12.15.2010 04:26 AM

So i's confirmed, good to hear that Agnello is not producing it, after rather ripped, trees outside the academy & (poorly produced imho) the eternal it's finally time for someone else behind the deck:

How’s your upcoming Matador album coming along?
It’s called Benediction, recorded in Southern California at Beck’s home studio with him producing. Beck sings and plays a little bit on it. Samara and Mary both play on it quite extensively and very, very beautifully. Beck really put them through the paces.

Read more: http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/mu...#ixzz18AdCCpYb

hevusa 12.15.2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
hurston

Who is this Hurston you speak of?

Moshe 12.15.2010 11:17 PM

http://pitchfork.com/news/41031-beck...re-solo-album/

dionysusundone 12.16.2010 09:06 PM

Interested in hearing this even though Thurston's solo (song-oriented) stuff isn't usually my bag.

krastian 12.17.2010 09:11 PM

Looking forward for some dang tour dates.

mil_pl 01.03.2011 05:13 PM

When some more info is coming?

SonikJesus 01.04.2011 02:11 AM

I'm excited for this

mil_pl 01.17.2011 04:14 PM

I guess we won't see it in six months from now, am I right?

Adolfo 01.22.2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

So i's confirmed, good to hear that Agnello is not producing it, after rather ripped, trees outside the academy & (poorly produced imho) the eternal it's finally time for someone else behind the deck:

agree

maropi 01.24.2011 11:59 AM

I bet we're going to listen some new songs from Thurston this week, at Tanned Tin Festival (Spain).

sergisonic 01.31.2011 01:04 PM

in an interview for a spanish newspaper, Thurston told that the album is gonna be called "Demolished thoughts"¿?¿?¿?¿
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultu...lpepicul_4/Tes

simply a confusion??

mil_pl 01.31.2011 01:18 PM

Una guitarra acústica de 12 cuerdas y las canciones de su inminente tercer disco en solitario, producido por Beck, formarán el arsenal de Moore en uno de sus dos shows. "El álbum se va a llamar Demolished thoughts, y escuchar cómo Beck aporta su magia al sonido y los arreglos me ha derretido el corazón. Es más bien minimalista: habrá violín, arpa y algo de contrabajo y percusiones".

sergisonic 01.31.2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Una guitarra acústica de 12 cuerdas y las canciones de su inminente tercer disco en solitario, producido por Beck, formarán el arsenal de Moore en uno de sus dos shows. "El álbum se va a llamar Demolished thoughts, y escuchar cómo Beck aporta su magia al sonido y los arreglos me ha derretido el corazón. Es más bien minimalista: habrá violín, arpa y algo de contrabajo y percusiones".

But that's the name of the jamming_group formed by Thurston, J Mascis, Don Fleming, Andrew W.K., and Awesome Allison...

Adolfo 01.31.2011 02:51 PM

"Steve tiene opiniones basadas en un punto de vista miope, que seguro no hace extensible a los fabricantes de sus pantalones". - dude got pwnd

"El guitarrista y cantante editará un disco con Beck y otro con Yoko Ono"

The guitarrist and singer will release a record with Beck and another with Yoko Ono. - something new, right?

sergisonic 01.31.2011 05:35 PM

dean wareham + thurston moore vs steve albini

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adolfo
"Steve tiene opiniones basadas en un punto de vista miope, que seguro no hace extensible a los fabricantes de sus pantalones". - dude got pwnd

"El guitarrista y cantante editará un disco con Beck y otro con Yoko Ono"

The guitarrist and singer will release a record with Beck and another with Yoko Ono. - something new, right?

curiously, these days Dean Wareham has answered Albini, too, in the spanish magazine www.rockdelux.es:

"I guess that is not aware of my criticism [note: Dean Wareham article is in his book "Black postcards. A rock & roll romance] of the article. I would like to discuss in person. I think his vision is guilty of simplistic. It is true that multinationals deceive you, but at least send detailed balance where every dollar goes the group. The indies will also cheat. They are not as pure as he says. The only advantage is that they have better taste in music. Albini is one of those people who need strict rules to function. For example: "Never use the word producer, sound engineer only." It is not so simple. Sometimes a musician wants someone to lead. There are many singers who are grateful for a producer to help them get where they can not."