Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café IV (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=110922)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.29.2015 05:18 PM

Meh. Dre sucks and so does Cube

Even in Westside Connection i was always waiting for cube to shut up and Mack 10 and WC verses

Severian 07.30.2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Meh. Dre sucks and so does Cube

Even in Westside Connection i was always waiting for cube to shut up and Mack 10 and WC verses

I thought you were a massive Dre fan. Do you mean he sucks now, because he's basically just a salesman at the best of times, and a professional sellout at the worst? Or are you saying Dre has always sucked?

Severian 07.30.2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
so um, Cube says Dre is dropping a new album... this week.

Cube also says, "Yes, KoRn, I would love to collaborate with you on something awful that history will eventually pretend never happened!" and "Yes, Hollywood Film Studio, I will debase myself in a bunch of terrible slapstick family comedies with good Christian messages."

So... y'know ... we'll see about all this.

;)

Rob Instigator 07.30.2015 03:26 PM

50 year old millionaires trying to talk to their people? Does Warren Buffet listen to rap?

noisereductions 07.30.2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Cube also says, "Yes, KoRn, I would love to collaborate with you on something awful that history will eventually pretend never happened!" and "Yes, Hollywood Film Studio, I will debase myself in a bunch of terrible slapstick family comedies with good Christian messages."

So... y'know ... we'll see about all this.

;)

Q-Tip also collaborated w/ Korn. I know you're not gonna badmouth Tip to me, bruh.

Toilet & Bowels 07.30.2015 04:22 PM

Well if he collaborated with Korn he deserves everything he gets, apart from the $$$ be probably got for this grave misdeed.

Anywho, on a lighter note I came across this today, never heard of this guy and he's good.
Pep Love - Act Phenom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNBe81Ls2Tg

noisereductions 07.30.2015 05:22 PM

Pep Love is partvof Heiro

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

I thought you were a massive Dre fan. Do you mean he sucks now, because he's basically just a salesman at the best of times, and a professional sellout at the worst? Or are you saying Dre has always sucked?

Nope. Never liked Dre. Not in NWA.. not in DeathRow.. definitely not in Chronic 2001

Toilet & Bowels 07.30.2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Pep Love is partvof Heiro

Yes, I know that now. I'd never really got round to checking them out.

noisereductions 07.30.2015 06:04 PM

Then your next stop is Del and Souls of Mischief!

Toilet & Bowels 07.30.2015 06:13 PM

I'm not that found of Del. I got that Deltron 3030 album when it came out and people wouldn't shut up about it, but I only liked track 5.
This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCXwl7XBiQ

Plus I hate that song Mistadobalina

noisereductions 07.30.2015 06:46 PM

Check out "catch a bad one" or "missing link" w Dino Jr

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2015 07:02 PM

time astonishing full album

This Kool Keith is brilliant.

Severian 07.30.2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I'm not that found of Del. I got that Deltron 3030 album when it came out and people wouldn't shut up about it, but I only liked track 5.
This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCXwl7XBiQ

Plus I hate that song Mistadobalina

Dude, Everybody hates Mistadobalina.

Del was one of my first loves as a rap fan, and I fucking bloody loathe Mistadobafuckinglina.

When he's on, though, he's on. And I recommend giving Deltron 3030 (#1, not #2) another listen now that it's not every white British kid's favorite album.

And definitely check out Souls of Mischief. 93 til infinity is a fucking masterpiece.

Severian 07.30.2015 10:35 PM

From Time? Astonishing! by Kool Keith/L'Orange

"Twenty Fifty-Three (feat. Mr. Lif)"
"Dr. Bipolar"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

From Time? Astonishing! by Kool Keith/L'Orange

"Twenty Fifty-Three (feat. Mr. Lif)"
"Dr. Bipolar"

Ahem..
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
time astonishing full album

This Kool Keith is brilliant.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2015 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
I imagine Genteel in a circle jerk with clones of himself and with that guy from Frankie goes to Hollywood and Genesus P-Orridge..who's packed wit some fat titties and me taking the money shot in his eyeball spread mark- bitch style.

it's his thang. I sweat in the heat and he sucks in heat.

what a CENSORED prick!!!

Ok i thought you were new here but clearly not, who are you? Wait.. i think i answered my own question me.. PM me

Toilet & Bowels 07.31.2015 03:39 AM

Quote:

When he's on, though, he's on. And I recommend giving Deltron 3030 (#1, not #2) another listen now that it's not every white British kid's favorite album.

And definitely check out Souls of Mischief. 93 til infinity is a fucking masterpiece.

Yes, it is a masterpiece, but that is a pretty well known song. I guess what I meant is in not checking out Heiro I had some how missed that Del and Souls of Mischief were part of that crew.

Anyway, I think it's just safe for me to say I don't like Del, I'll check out the song he did with Dino Jr for the sake of WTF but I'd be surprised if enjoy it.

noisereductions 07.31.2015 07:55 AM

think he meant the album 93 Til Infinity, T&B. Not just the song.

I also loved their 2nd album No Man's Land which got so slept on.

OH! And check out "Cab Fare" a rare track for years which sampled Bob James' theme from Taxi. (What was that called? "Angela's Song" or something like that?) It's dope.

The Del/Dino track is awesome, me thinks.

Heiro was always a really weird and interesting group. Certainly hit or miss. But interesting no doubt.

I'll stop pushing Del, but another recommendation from a crew member: Casual "Me-O-Mi-O"

h8kurdt 08.02.2015 08:16 AM

New Dre is out August 7th. Not sure how about I feel about it to be honest. It's gonna be interesting that's for sure.