Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   please listen to the new scissor shock song on myspace (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14249)

atsonicpark 06.27.2007 12:27 AM

please listen to the new scissor shock song on myspace

it's called "nitrous the godhead"...

it's the best song i think we've done (we because i added a permanent trombone/bongo/flute/double bass player to the band)

yeah.

just go listen and gimme your thoughts.

it's just your average folk pop doom math rock punk noise surf no wave modern classical ambient slowcore speedcore glitch song, i guess, but it's worth a listen...

please just go listen to it, stay after the first 50 seconds for a surprise...

it'll be on the new ep (yes we're doing one more ep this year) on DFRP.. nkondi's label.. it'll be called tease the skeleton..

if you're wondering, my guitar is tuned to polvo tuning.

Alex's Trip 06.27.2007 12:41 AM

Polvo tuning would be...?

I never knew how they tuned their guitars.

The song: Not really my thing, sorry.

atsonicpark 06.27.2007 12:57 AM

On Shapes, Dave and Ash tweek Drop-D tuning. On Exploded Drawing and This Eclipse they used E B A G A F. Some of Today's Active Lifestyles and Celebrate the New Dark Age were done with lowG G C C C E as well as them just tuning down half a step. Cor-Crane secret was done in D A A G D D, with "Vibracobra" and "Lazy Comet" done in D A# A# # D D. Hope this helps . . . . .

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 12:57 AM

nkondi, uh?

bastard asked me for some tracks to be released in a three way split and he never did anything with them or told me anything. i'll message him to remind him.

anyway, will listen to it tomorrow, for some reason the myspace player doesn't appear on my computer.

atsonicpark 06.27.2007 12:58 AM

cool please listen and give me a thought or two. much love. there is tons of doom on it!

oh, for alex's trip.. i used the today's active lifestyles/celebrate tuning.

atsonicpark 06.27.2007 05:42 PM

self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!
self bump self bump!

Alex's Trip 06.27.2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
On Shapes, Dave and Ash tweek Drop-D tuning. On Exploded Drawing and This Eclipse they used E B A G A F. Some of Today's Active Lifestyles and Celebrate the New Dark Age were done with lowG G C C C E as well as them just tuning down half a step. Cor-Crane secret was done in D A A G D D, with "Vibracobra" and "Lazy Comet" done in D A# A# # D D. Hope this helps . . . . .

Cool, thanks.

Danny Himself 06.27.2007 07:09 PM

It's a song?

I would have listened to it but the way the sound kept being interrupted just got annoying after about 30 seconds.

atsonicpark 06.27.2007 09:20 PM

haha, it's only like that for the first 50 seconds and then it turns into something completely different. COMPLETELY different...

Norma J 06.27.2007 09:24 PM

I'll listen and criticise when my plan goes back of ffucking dial-up.

atsonicpark 06.27.2007 09:32 PM

cool, criticism is what i'm after!

some guy just heard it and said, "structured. hmm. whoa, new direction. this is epic. good band!"

I LOVE CRITICISM

ZEROpumpkins 06.28.2007 02:43 AM

Fuck I love your band, i'm adding you.

jimbrim 06.28.2007 08:54 AM

I quite like it, but i prefer the other three tracks, especially the 'mrs gabber nosebleed' one. It sounds like Merzbow after downing 30 cans of red bull whilst playing pacman.

ps: my mum doesnt like it.

atsonicpark 06.28.2007 09:18 AM

haha thank you.

mrs. gabber nosebleed was on the cd "we're in the trash bag", released by crucial blast imprint crucial bliss. buy it today (if there are copies left)! Haha. seriously, thanks, though.

Everyneurotic 06.28.2007 10:05 AM

yeah, good job, i like the trombone/guitar interaction.

i also resolved my situation with mr nkondi.

sarramkrop 03.08.2009 08:08 AM