Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   More ATP additions extraordinaire . . . (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14454)

farmhouse 07.03.2007 10:00 AM

More ATP additions extraordinaire . . .

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god . . . . . . . . .. . .

GLENN BRANCA!!!!!!!!!!!

&

BORIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonicl 07.03.2007 10:08 AM

Bloody hell! Portishead really are going out of their ways to make a varied line up, aren't they? I could almost be tempted to go.

farmhouse 07.03.2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Bloody hell! Portishead really are going out of their ways to make a varied line up, aren't they? I could almost be tempted to go.

yes. i shall almost definately be there now.

Iain 07.03.2007 11:15 AM

Where did you hear about Branca because I can't see his name on the ATP site?

deathbyfeedback 07.03.2007 11:32 AM

dont you fucking DARE get my hopes up like that without hard, hard, SOLID proof.

farmhouse 07.03.2007 11:49 AM

so i just went back to the atp site.

in the portishead section under 'news' you will see 'latest confirmation' which has now been ALTERED to announce BORIS as the latest addition.

i shit you not people, just a coupla hours ago it said branca as well.

i sincerely apologise for not seeking HARD(ER) proof.

Iain 07.03.2007 11:59 AM

That's OK...Hopefully it means he is going to play but is being cagey about it or it isn't 100% confirmed.

farmhouse 07.03.2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain
That's OK...Hopefully it means he is going to play but is being cagey about it or it isn't 100% confirmed.

god, i hope he is still going to play. i mean, i was excited y'know?

SonicSam 07.03.2007 12:04 PM

still dont really care about any of the bands except maybe Thurston moore and boris...maybe

jon boy 07.03.2007 01:11 PM

although there are a few people on there i would like to see a lot i still dont think its worht the cover price yet. no doubt the people i really want to see will be playing solo shows as part of a tour or whatever so i will probably go to them as its cheaper. if the line up gets really good then i will think about going.

Glice 07.03.2007 06:24 PM

I might go. Team Brick is playing who's both a friend of mine and awesome.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 07.03.2007 06:25 PM

thats so fucking sick
damnit.

pokkeherrie 07.03.2007 06:52 PM

It's starting to look better than I'd expected it to be, but I'm not sure yet if it's worth it in my particular case. From now on I'll start keeping a closer eye on the lineup though.

So far there are about a handful of bands added that I'd probably enjoy, but except for Branca (when he gets confirmed) nothing that I really like to see and haven't seen before. Last December's edition was really loaded with those kind of bands... but it's no use comparing it to Thurston's ATP which was really on a rare level of its own in my book.

On the SL forums there seem to be strong rumours that Sunn O))) are playing this as well, which would be quite possible looking at what's been announced so far.

edit: oh, and Autolux have been added to the ATP site, although I don't really care about them myself.

Iain 07.03.2007 09:39 PM

Hoooooooooooooooray if Sunn0))) play. I was guessing that they might do but thought that Boris might be the last stoner-ish band. I thought 3 would be enough. Hope Sunn0)) play though.

therealglenstyler 07.04.2007 03:18 AM

I think Sunn0))) are a pretty safe bet, and I think a performance of Altar is a pretty safe bet too.

sonicl 07.04.2007 03:33 AM

Who'd have thought that Portishead were such Stoner Rock fans? I wonder if this means we can look forward to their new album being the first of a new genre called drone hop? Downtuned guitars with hip hop beats, anyone?

pokkeherrie 07.04.2007 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealglenstyler
I think Sunn0))) are a pretty safe bet, and I think a performance of Altar is a pretty safe bet too.

I wouldn't go that far yet, but indeed the rumours about Altar seem to be more than just rumours.

There's at least a plan that they're going to do some shows at the end of the year, so that could well be at ATP.

king_buzzo 07.04.2007 07:29 AM

*eek*

gawd, i really want to go to ATP but people are not letting me. It's annoying.

sonicl 07.04.2007 07:32 AM

It's okay, Dino Jr aren't playing this time.

king_buzzo 07.04.2007 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
It's okay, Dino Jr aren't playing this time.

unfortunately.