Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   So, yeah... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7646)

Alex's Trip 10.31.2006 10:00 PM

So, yeah...

I know it isn't a big deal here, but it is a big deal to me.

I'm gay

I suppose I've known for a while, but I never wanted to accept it. Not that I had a problem with gays, I just couldn't really come to terms with being one. I couldn't deal with the idea of what my friends and family would do, so I just rejected the idea that I was gay, and figured that my attraction to guys was just a phase. But I'm far beyond the possibility of a phase. I've had these feelings for 3 years now and I'm finally starting to accept it.

I know it is cheesy and stupid to come out on a forum, but I got to start somewhere.

k-krack 10.31.2006 10:02 PM

Good for you, I suppose. You gotta start somewhere. 'Good luck' coming out elsewhere!

Prisstina 10.31.2006 10:08 PM

Hey man, good for you.

Cantankerous 10.31.2006 10:27 PM

we love you anyway!

ni'k 10.31.2006 10:29 PM

what is it about this forum? haha.

You rock alex. Fight the good fight. Punch the donut round and true.

k-krack 10.31.2006 10:31 PM

This forum produces gays like some kind of... gay-factory! Thanks to this forum, I have accepted my own "bisexuality." Which doesn't mean just what you'd exepct it to, as I am attracted to the "gender" and not "sex." Either way, I don't see myself dating a boy in the future, but it's not completely ruled out.

Alex's Trip 10.31.2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
Punch the donut round and true.

:confused: I laughed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
This forum produces gays like some kind of... gay-factory! Thanks to this forum, I have accepted my own "bisexuality." Which doesn't mean just what you'd exepct it to, as I am attracted to the "gender" and not "sex." Either way, I don't see myself dating a boy in the future, but it's not completely ruled out.

Well, I wouldn't rule out a girl if I liked her. I just haven't met (m)any that I'm attracted to.

k-krack 10.31.2006 10:37 PM

I haven't met any guys I'm physically attracted to. (Keyword is met. I'd bone Trent Reznor though, dudes a fox)

umjammer atomsk 10.31.2006 10:49 PM

Er, something like that. :)

I recently found out I have Asperger's Syndrome. So, um, I don't know.

schizophrenicroom 10.31.2006 10:52 PM

alex- yes, it's a start. good for you!

umjammer- join the club. i've got most of the signs, and my brother was diagnosed when he was four or five.

Alex's Trip 10.31.2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
I recently found out I have Asperger's Syndrome. So, uh, um... I don't know.

From what I've read (back when I was a Vines fan), it is very interesting.

HaydenAsche 10.31.2006 10:55 PM

Alex,

Good for you, man! Remember, you can always talk to me.

Hayden

Alex's Trip 10.31.2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Alex,

Good for you, man! Remember, you can always talk to me.

Hayden

:)

Thanks.

umjammer atomsk 10.31.2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
umjammer- join the club. i've got most of the signs, and my brother was diagnosed when he was four or five.

*high-fives Stanley Kubrick* Woo, I'm in the club.

It's not a thing to be bothered about, really.

Alex's Trip 10.31.2006 11:37 PM

The only thing that worries me is telling my parents. I won't be doing that for a while. There is a lot of apprehension there.

HaydenAsche 10.31.2006 11:44 PM

I can imagine telling YOUR parents would be incredibly difficult. Tell them when you're capable of living on your own or are living on your own. It'll be easier if they have a fit and don't want to speak to you for a while.

youthoftomorrow 11.01.2006 12:50 AM

best of luck with yr parents.

krastian 11.01.2006 01:28 AM

Keep yr head high, bud!!! Fuck the haters and never forget yr awesomeness!!! Queer Crew 4 lyfe, jigga!!!

alteredcourse 11.01.2006 02:17 AM

Not fair for the female race . coz youre fucken hot .

pokkeherrie 11.01.2006 04:14 AM

wow, good luck man!
i guess coming out must be a difficult step to make, but the most important thing is accepting it for yourself.... others will just have to accept you as you are, although i could imagine telling your parents isn't easy.