Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   animal collective's new one reminds me of genisus (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29229)

HaydenAsche 02.05.2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I guess I'd sort of agree with davesnotdead. I remember hearing HERE COMES THE INDIAN when it came out. Back then I'd never think that an AC album would be on the Billboard chart.

Exactly. Here comes the Indian is fantastic. As is Danse Manatee.

noisereductions 02.05.2009 02:39 PM

HERE COMES THE INDIAN is great. DANSE MANATEE, not so much.

lechaoscestmoi 02.05.2009 02:41 PM

THE INDIAN is probably their best.

atsonicpark 02.05.2009 03:17 PM

But we've all already discussed this kinda shit on the other 25 page thread! Yes, AC started out noisey. Yes, they change every album. Yes, they're good for a mainstream band. Blah blah blah. This board loves to repeat themselves. .. Of course, I'm replying with the same reply I always reply with. So, I'm guilty of it too. Fuck me!

noisereductions 02.05.2009 03:41 PM

I feel like the entire album gets stuck in my head when I'm not listening to it.

noisereductions 02.05.2009 03:56 PM

haha, Derek's decade doesn't quite last 10 years.

SYRFox 02.05.2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
But we've all already discussed this kinda shit on the other 25 page thread! Yes, AC started out noisey. Yes, they change every album. Yes, they're good for a mainstream band. Blah blah blah. This board loves to repeat themselves. .. Of course, I'm replying with the same reply I always reply with. So, I'm guilty of it too. Fuck me!

okay, thanks.
now back to the thread. this album is perfect! i love how they change their sound from record to record!

davenotdead 02.05.2009 04:39 PM

well if i had mod powers i would close every AC thread tonight at midnight. this way we could all enjoy the album without getting sick of it.

of course, logically, anyone tired of readin about this album could just not enter the thread?

Derek 02.05.2009 04:56 PM

Let's change this thread into a Cerberus Shoal appreciation thread.

Derek 02.05.2009 05:01 PM

vs.

the winner: Cerberus Shoal!

atsonicpark 02.05.2009 05:35 PM

Yeah, the Cerberus Shoal/Fire on Fire/Big Blood family have released more great songs than all the other "freak folk" and so on bands combined.

noisereductions 02.05.2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah, the Cerberus Shoal/Fire on Fire/Big Blood family have released more great songs than all the other "freak folk" and so on bands combined.

I dont follow politics?

atsonicpark 02.05.2009 06:09 PM

Every time I step in the booth, I speak the truth.

StevOK 02.05.2009 06:12 PM

This album is kind of like Dirty, in that it will be raking in a lot of fans that would normally be listening to the status quo mainstream stuff that the record companies shove down everyone's throats. It will change the way that some people view music, and in my opinion that is where the true strength of this album lies. Some of us are so used to getting to listen to some really fantastic, whacked-out crazy shit that a normal person wouldn't even consider music that we can't really see anything all that special or unique about this album. This is one of those gateway albums that will recruit a few more people to our side of the spectrum.

davenotdead 02.05.2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

how is ac freak folk? what the fuck. i just got done telling you guys not to pigeon-hole them. fuck

then you put a direct cerebral shoal vs. ac post. fuck

atsonicpark 02.05.2009 06:27 PM

I didn't put that post.

Also, "Freak folk" is a funny term. I could say it all day. I have no idea what it means though.

davenotdead 02.05.2009 06:29 PM

i was using "you" as all you who are pigeon-holing ac

atsonicpark 02.05.2009 06:32 PM

So, we now have 31 pages about merriweather pussy pocket. Damn!

atsonicpark 02.05.2009 06:32 PM

davenotdead 02.05.2009 06:35 PM

no, don't try to divert the attention. i'm making this thread about all members here who follow their perfect musician aesthetic to a tee and disregard all else as shit . i have struck a perfect dissonant chord i do believe