Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Holy Picasso (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7090)

Rob Instigator 10.18.2006 01:16 PM

Holy Picasso

Steve Wynn is a fucking idiot

This painting, La Reve, by Picasso, is one of my favorites of all time. The owner, Steve Wynn, billionaire and Las Vegas idiot, shoved his elbow through it accidentally as he was showing it off to friends after he had confirmed he was selling the painting to for over $120 million dollars. It left a silver dollar sized hole on her forearm and three rips in the canvas. stupid fucking idiot fuck. GOD I ahte steve Wynn and I hate his stupid Las vegas hotels and his fucking shit museums that he keeps his priceless art colection in as a lure to bring in the saps, the fucking human leeches that love Las vegas, the fucking idiots, stupid worthless humans.
So now he is not going to sell it (obviously) and he will pay to have it repaired and restored and he will keep it. stupid fucking waste of life. las vegas sucks.
Here is the full story.

king_buzzo 10.18.2006 01:29 PM

maniac

Trasher02 10.18.2006 01:29 PM

Oh my god what an asshole.

HaydenAsche 10.18.2006 01:34 PM

picassOWNED

Tokolosh 10.18.2006 01:59 PM

Masterpieces belong in museums where all walks of life, rich or poor, young or old, can enjoy them.
Instead, they are kept behind closed doors in mansions and palaces, where they are exhibited to close relatives, friends and business associates of the stinking rich. In most cases, the owners don't even understand or appreciate them for what they truly are.
Art is and will always be, part of everyones history and culture.

ploesj 10.18.2006 02:00 PM

oh dear. that almost made me cry. seriously.

Massenvernichtungswaffen 10.18.2006 02:15 PM

Ha. what a fuck-up. Like Tokolosh said, Art should be available for all to see.
Picasso is rolling over in his grave.
Related situation. I was in Basel, Switzerland and I was at the Picasso wing of the Fine Arts Museum, and they tried to make me leave, because I had a back pack on and was wearing ripped up blue jeans with pj pants underneath. The dude in the museum was saying that they couldn't have vagrants in the museum or it would scare away the "serious clientele" or some shit. I flashed my wallet to him, which was packed with Euros and Franks, gave him a sarcastic look, then left. the fucks.

fucking world we live in, eh?

!@#$%! 10.18.2006 02:47 PM

what a stupid fucking asswad fuck. what the fuck was he thinking? by the sound of it, i'm going to guess that he was probably coked up. fucking moron. i just found out who he is by the way, because i had never heard of his existence.

atari 2600 10.18.2006 02:58 PM

I heard about this just today.

I was actually going to make this same topic, but haven't had the time today.

I wonder if anyone remembers that old Saturday Night Live sketch with Phil Hartman(?) doing Steve Wynn and talking over & over again about his Picassos and how classy his hotels are.

static-harmony 10.18.2006 03:16 PM

Gawd fucking moron, I will just reitirate what Tokolosh said art should be in museums, not private homes.

k-krack 10.18.2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
picassOWNED

hahahahahahahhaha.. you'd be repped if it were possible. You fags have all the best quips and jokes!

k-krack 10.18.2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massenvernichtungswaffen
Ha. what a fuck-up. Like Tokolosh said, Art should be available for all to see.
Related situation. I was in Basel, Switzerland and I was at the Picasso wing of the Fine Arts Museum, and they tried to make me leave, because I had a back pack on and was wearing ripped up blue jeans with pj pants underneath. The dude in the museum was saying that they couldn't have vagrants in the museum or it would scare away the "serious clientele" or some shit. I flashed my wallet to him, which was packed with Euros and Franks, gave him a sarcastic look, then left. the fucks.

What fucking cunts humans are. Art-types are the worst.. such elitist goddamn twats.

jon boy 10.18.2006 03:50 PM

i saw a bird shit on a picasso once in a new york art gallery.

pokkeherrie 10.18.2006 04:10 PM

for a nanosecond i though it was about that musician steve wynn...

atari 2600 10.18.2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massenvernichtungswaffen

Consider that a huge tapestry reproduction of Guernica, the greatest work of modern art by any artist, hangs at the U.N. It serves as the backdrop to one of the U.N. press conference podiums. On 9/11, they fucking covered it. I guess it hits too close to home, eh?

golden child 10.18.2006 05:47 PM

haha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cryptowonderdruginvogue 10.18.2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Masterpieces belong in museums where all walks of life, rich or poor, young or old, can enjoy them.
Instead, they are kept behind closed doors in mansions and palaces, where they are exhibited to close relatives, friends and business associates of the stinking rich. In most cases, the owners don't even understand or appreciate them for what they truly are.
Art is and will always be, part of everyones history and culture.

awwww
that was... touching.

speaking of, a friends dad has an original pollock
its beautiful

krastian 10.18.2006 11:17 PM

Yeah I saw that.....what a dumbass.

hey alex 10.19.2006 12:05 AM

what a fuckin cunt bag. I don't know this wynn fellow... but he needs swift kick to the balls with a razor sandal.

Cantankerous 10.19.2006 01:34 AM

my uncle has that sticker on his guitar.