Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Rob Instigator 12.09.2016 03:57 PM

Madden Mobile on my phone. surprisingly fun

Rob Instigator 12.12.2016 10:27 AM

Madden mobile on my phone. awesome

noisereductions 12.12.2016 01:38 PM

so Madden on your phone then?

I actually have that port as well. I've not really played much of it though. Maybe I will since you keep talking it up.

Peterpuff 12.12.2016 04:59 PM

Anyone tried Battlefield 1 yet? Thoughts? I have some friends trying to talk me into it. It looks slick, but not totally sure it would be my type of game.

noisereductions 12.12.2016 09:33 PM

Nah. Looks good but I can wait for a sale on that one.

stu666 12.23.2016 05:11 AM

Mario Run.

I used to love playing computer games but stopped about 10 years ago. Last console I had was a PlayStation 2. Anyway I've been pretty ill for a week and very bored (I don't have/watch tv either) so I decided to download Mario Run. At first I didn't like how he is continually moving but I'm used to it now and getting into it big time. Anyone else here play it?

noisereductions 12.23.2016 08:37 AM

yeah I played the demo on my wife's iPhone. It's pretty great. I hate Apple stuff though, so waiting for the Android version to come out before paying any money for it.

EVOLghost 12.23.2016 11:03 AM

Oh yeah...that's out. I should get it soon. Christmas got me crazy right now ><

@NR I didn't forget about you. After this week is over I'll hit you up.

noisereductions 12.23.2016 11:15 AM

no worries bruh

Peterpuff 01.09.2017 11:37 AM

I did go ahead and pick up Battlefield 1 over Christmas. I must admit I am really, really enjoying it. It is batshit chaotic and highly immersive. The strategic element of taking cover, surviving, and the roles you play are really enjoyable. Not just your typical "hope I see them on the radar before they see me" style shooter.

I highly recommend for anyone even remotely into shooters.

I picked it up for PS4 though to play with console friends. In hindsight, I wish I had gotten it for PC for better mouse/keyboard control.

noisereductions 01.24.2017 07:58 PM

installing RE7 now. Scared.

EVOLghost 02.26.2017 12:26 AM

On that SF3 grind. Getting ready for the big tournament in May. My friends are I are organizing the SF3 side tournament and providing the hardware(we're running original arcade hardware). I recently bought a CPS3 board and a dead 3s cart. This guy in Ohio can revive the cart and darksoft it. So I'll have every CPS3 game to play. Unfortunately it's not that many, but all I want is SF3.I already bought a super gun as well. Just working on the USB decoder to use USB sticks/pads. Once this is done I think I want to also get a darksoft CPS2 board. I'll have every version of SF2(except world warrior) and every game ever made
For CPS2. Pretty siiick....but a bit expensive.

EVOLghost 02.26.2017 12:30 AM

I want to buy more arcade boards. I'm especially in the market for a Tetris Grand Master board(ver 1,2,or 3). That game is the absolute best version of Tetris.

!@#$%! 02.26.2017 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I want to buy more arcade boards. I'm especially in the market for a Tetris Grand Master board(ver 1,2,or 3). That game is the absolute best version of Tetris.

My mom used to be A great Tetris player back in the late 70s

She knew nothing of versions of course. She'd just be on windows talking on the phone playing Tetris lolololol

EVOLghost 02.27.2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
My mom used to be A great Tetris player back in the late 70s

She knew nothing of versions of course. She'd just be on windows talking on the phone playing Tetris lolololol

They're all essentially the same. However the grandmaster version is the arcade version and the feel is just right. It doesn't feel clunky or mechanical. Anyways...my favorite thing about the grandmaster version is the 2player mode. It's a crazy battle with nutty 'power ups'. To mess up the opponent, you'll get things that make you opponents pieces giant for a short period of time, invisible blocks, flashing blocks, all sorts of crazy things to mess up your opponent.

EVOLghost 02.27.2017 08:53 AM

That's awesome by the way. Tetris, a classic, will always be the best puzzle game imo. It's so simple, yet requires you to process these piece at insane rate.

!@#$%! 02.27.2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
They're all essentially the same. However the grandmaster version is the arcade version and the feel is just right. It doesn't feel clunky or mechanical. Anyways...my favorite thing about the grandmaster version is the 2player mode. It's a crazy battle with nutty 'power ups'. To mess up the opponent, you'll get things that make you opponents pieces giant for a short period of time, invisible blocks, flashing blocks, all sorts of crazy things to mess up your opponent.

wait, you have tetris with oponents? oh ha ha ha that sounds awesome

and wait i wrote late 70s--i meant late 90s ha ha ha

there was no tetris in the 70s was there?

i was at an insane party when i posted this lololol

EVOLghost 02.27.2017 10:23 AM

1984...close enough.

But yeah. Vs mode is stupid fun. I played this 'pro' last year at a fighting game tournament and dood was insanely good. I was only able to beat him when he tried playing with only one hand(hahah dood took me for a fool). Anywayss...he kicked my ass when he played seriously...but I think I did pretty well considering it was my first time playing that version. My friend and I were on that shit all day though....

Here's some good doods playing versus. Basically how the dood(the pro, not my
Friend) played. This is GM ver 3. I played Ver2., same thing except for a few new things
https://youtu.be/f1qCoDlHsBg

!@#$%! 02.27.2017 05:41 PM

man! i need to get tetris on the ipad now ha ha ha

TETRIS IN MY HEAD!!!

EVOLghost 02.28.2017 03:07 PM

So....the community for SF3 is finally really coming together to better eachother as players. MightyMar(Anakaris GOD) is helping us record the matches and go over things to work on. Anyways...here some footage from last night. Each set is First to 5(wins).

Elena(me) vs Chun
Elena(me) vs Chun pt2
Ken vs Ken(me in black)

dirty bunny 08.17.2017 05:03 PM

I'm so bored with the games on my phone but too lazy to look for new games.

noisereductions 08.17.2017 05:13 PM

I got a Switch a couple of weeks ago. Breath of the Wild is the business.

tw2113 08.17.2017 05:26 PM

Same, i'm still trudging through Breath of the Wild, though I've had it since late June.

EVOLghost 09.01.2017 12:15 PM

got super lucky.
Picked up:
2x Blast City Cabinets(sold one)
3x CPS2 A boards(with 10 B boards: MvC1, XMvSF, SF2:Hyper Anniversary, VSav, Darkstalkers and others)
1x CPS3 board (with 3s and Jojo's Venture)
2x NAOMI motherboards(one with hacked net dimm, the other is malfunctioning, Capcom vs SNK1, and Virtua Tennis)
and a bunch of hardware to reprogram the CPS2 boards, extra buttons, wires, harnesses, JVS>JAMMA converters, buttons, and EEPROMS(I can make some games into others.)

I'm super excited about the EEPROM stuff he added. Basically people have been converting old dead games into other games. This guy converted his MArvel Super Heroes boards(Dead) into a SF2 Hyper Anniversary board. Another board I have will be converted to a DARKSOFT multigame board. It will have ALL the games released for CPS2 essentially...ALso...if there's ROMs where you can basically have training mode in an Arcade game to practice against dummy and not the CPU.

EVOLghost 09.01.2017 12:16 PM

There's also original manuals, artwork, moveslists, the list goes on really....I still can't believe I found this.

KalisaCap 09.13.2017 07:40 AM

What are you playing

we are scientists

and keep playing futureheads Hounds of love cover "live" from a few years ago funking awsome

d.sound 09.17.2017 05:42 AM

finally playing samus returns after months of salivating anticipation. i was counting down the hours. (and then of course found out it had leaked two days before...) it has met my hyped up expectations and a little more. it's relation to the o.g. gameboy game is minimal.

also working on fire emblem: shadow dragon. i love that series. not many lady fighters in this one though. i always like to build up an all female army.

gave up on ninja gaiden 3: razor's edge. i'm at what i think is probably the last boss but it just got irritating, and stopped being fun. the game is a mixed bag at best.

last game i finished was hey pikmin. i loved it. 3ds is killing it right now.

Peterpuff 10.13.2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.sound
finally playing samus returns after months of salivating anticipation. i was counting down the hours. (and then of course found out it had leaked two days before...) it has met my hyped up expectations and a little more. it's relation to the o.g. gameboy game is minimal.

That does look cool as hell. Nothing beats some good ol' Metroid universe side-scrolling.

The latest DLC has gotten me back into Battlefield 1 a bit lately. So many good things coming up I am looking forward to though. Next few weeks are going to be completely unproductive, long-ass gaming sessions.

- South Park: The Fracture But Whole - PC (Stick of Truth is still one of my all-time fav gaming playthroughs ever...)
- Gran Turismo: Sport - PS4
- Destiny 2 - PC

and I still need to pick up the new Zelda and find some time to play through that.